Personal Note from Pastor Rick Warren

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Personal Note from Pastor Rick Warren
Pastor Rick Warren of "Purpose Driven Life" fame has invited me to join him tomorrow. I'm so excited!
And, I guess I didn't remove myself from his mailing list yet. Undecided

Quote:Eric,

This is a reminder that tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 28, from 8 am to 9 am, Pacific Time, I’ll do a private simulcast for my friends in ministry. I’ll be summarizing the lessons learned this past year, preview where I intend to lead Saddleback next year, and share a few words of personal encouragement.

I invite you to join me here: http://saddleback.com/yearend
I’d love to hear how your Christmas services went, so hit reply and let me know.

Saddleback Church
Purpose Driven Network
P.E.A.C.E. Coalition

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2011, 09:17 PM
RE: Personal Note from Pastor Rick Warren
(27-12-2011 09:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pastor Rick Warren of "Purpose Driven Life" fame has invited me to join him tomorrow. I'm so excited!
And, I guess I didn't remove myself from his mailing list yet. Undecided

Quote:Eric,

This is a reminder that tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 28, from 8 am to 9 am, Pacific Time, I’ll do a private simulcast for my friends in ministry. I’ll be summarizing the lessons learned this past year, preview where I intend to lead Saddleback next year, and share a few words of personal encouragement.

I invite you to join me here: http://saddleback.com/yearend
I’d love to hear how your Christmas services went, so hit reply and let me know.

Saddleback Church
Purpose Driven Network
P.E.A.C.E. Coalition

Never heard of him, but love his office. Enjoy!Smile
27-12-2011, 10:14 PM
The only thing close to a sermon I think I ever get is listening to crash test dummies Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
28-12-2011, 02:44 AM
If this mister warren is sincerely concerned about his sheep, this might be just the challenge for you Erx

Write a sermon about the interesting people you've met this year. About how it "feels like God granted you all this wisdom and insight". Carefully balancing your words so it never shows you are actually an atheist talking about other people instead of a theist talking about God. (because, let’s face it, that's what is all about isn’t it)

Who knows maybe even rev Warren learns something from you Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
28-12-2011, 05:44 AM
(28-12-2011 02:44 AM)The_observer Wrote:  If this mister warren is sincerely concerned about his sheep, this might be just the challenge for you Erx

Write a sermon about the interesting people you've met this year. About how it "feels like God granted you all this wisdom and insight". Carefully balancing your words so it never shows you are actually an atheist talking about other people instead of a theist talking about God. (because, let’s face it, that's what is all about isn’t it)

Who knows maybe even rev Warren learns something from you Smile

Never did try writing a sermon when I was high. Might not be a bad exercise to try...at least the getting high part! Cool

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My