Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(13-07-2015 01:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

A number of interesting issues were raised herein.

First, we are all aware of how archaeology works. What I think is being discounted here unfairly is the depths of sand covering shifting deserts, and the length and breadth of the regions to search to find Exodus remains. Clearly in Exodus short-several day journeys were taken to sites where the Israelites would tent for months or years at a time. Once you can dot all those spots on the desert map--then you can tell the archaeologists where to search to find either evidence or a lack of it. The line of argument--
"it's a small desert and easy to sift/dig" is like saying "it was a small ocean that airplane crashed into, we'll just go ahead and find the missing plane and bodies today". Of course, this whole canard of Exodus archaeology argument assumes the Israelites walked around leaving their stuff all over the place--when we know from the Bible that not one spoon of the tabernacle implements, and not one extra piece of manna was to be left sitting around!

Second, Ezekiel prophesied a number of years of captivity. After, in modern times, skeptics notes the Ezekiel prophecy was unfulfilled. Then, some Christians notes the seven times factor of prophecy, did the multiplication and came up with not only a year in the Gentile calendar but a DAY--May 15, 1948. Something special (actually fulfilling ten Bible prophecies if not more) happened on May 15, 1948. Do you know what happened on that date? Google it, perhaps.

"Q".

Quote:Clearly in Exodus short-several day journeys were taken to sites where the Israelites would tent for months or years at a time. Once you can dot all those spots on the desert map--then you can tell the archaeologists where to search to find either evidence or a lack of it.

Archaeologists have closely follow the Bible's many descriptions and names of where the encampments were.

Exodus 14: 1-2 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon.

That's a very specific area.

Archaeologists have dotted the map with their encampments described in the Bible and found......nothing. Almost a million people, probably more, don't wander around for 40 years and leave nothing. Particularly when pottery was the main vessel used daily for water and foods in the desert, but there isn't a shard of pottery . Archaeologists have combed that damned desert for many decades using highly technical instruments which can detect underground encampments and found nothing.

The Sinai isn't all soft sand the way Americans like to think. Much of it is rocky terrain or has a hard surface and it isn't like a "small ocean" . It is a small desert. That makes a big difference when one is looking for something.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Even if there was an Exodus--that doesn't mean a magical being was leading them around.
13-07-2015, 02:46 PM
the personal experience argument is the same thing the televangalists do
13-07-2015, 02:48 PM
(13-07-2015 02:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Even if there was an Exodus--that doesn't mean a magical being was leading them around.

Ummm...are you sure?

Exodus 13:21 - By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

These were the manifestations of the presence of Yahweh.

That sounds like a magical being to me. Big Grin Tongue - The bible says it. I believe it. That settles it.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
13-07-2015, 02:50 PM
(13-07-2015 02:48 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 02:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Even if there was an Exodus--that doesn't mean a magical being was leading them around.

Ummm...are you sure?

Exodus 13:21 - By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

That sounds like a magical being to me. Big Grin Tongue - The bible says it. I believe it. That settles it.

You're right--I take back what I said Tongue
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
13-07-2015, 02:53 PM
(13-07-2015 02:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 02:48 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Ummm...are you sure?

You're right--I take back what I said Tongue

Apollonius will forgive you. Zeus may not Wink

**Crickets** -- God
13-07-2015, 02:53 PM
(13-07-2015 02:53 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 02:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You're right--I take back what I said Tongue

Apollonius will forgive you. Zeus may not Wink

Sadcryface2
13-07-2015, 03:21 PM
(13-07-2015 02:48 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  

Ummm...are you sure?

Fucking damn, that's right. They floated around in the clouds. Silly me.

The distance from Egypt to Israel is around 380 miles (613 km). One could walk that distance in a week. Took these idiots 40 years!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-07-2015, 03:23 PM
(13-07-2015 03:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 02:48 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Ummm...are you sure?

Fucking damn, that's right. They floated around in the clouds. Silly me.

The distance from Egypt to Israel is around 380 miles (613 km). One could walk that distance in a week. Took these idiots 40 years!

That's because God wanted them to learn patience Laugh out load
13-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Personal experience argument
The church I came out of taught that the reason they wandered for 40 years was because their murmuring and complaining even after god proved himself to them time after time. So again we have a picture of an angry god doling out justice because of these people pissed him off by not giving him enough praise. Funny how he doesn't do that anymore...oh wait we're in a different dispensation now. Grace. Lol

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post