Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: Personal experience argument
(15-07-2015 10:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 01:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Isaiah 66 is referring to the exiled Israelites return from Babylon and not to 1948 Israel. From the Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges Commentary:

"The sudden repopulation of the city by her children. The figure is taken from ch. Isaiah 49:17-21, Isaiah 54:1; the fact set forth being the instantaneous return of the exiled Israelites, by which, without effort, the poor and struggling Jewish community becomes at once a great nation."

Third Isaiah talks about the restoration after Babylonian captivity.

Also, how much trust are you going to put in a guy who believed God told him to walk around nekkid for three years:

Isaiah 20:

"In the year the general sent by Sargon, king of Assyria, came to Ashdod, fought against it, and captured it—at that time the Lord had spoken through Isaiah, the son of Amoz: Go and take off the sackcloth from your waist, and remove the sandals from your feet. This he did, walking naked and barefoot. Then the Lord said: Just as my servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and portent against Egypt and Ethiopia, so shall the king of Assyria lead away captives from Egypt, and exiles from Ethiopia, young and old, naked and barefoot, with buttocks uncovered, the shame of Egypt."

I don't understand. I was speaking of prophecies of the Penteteuch and Ezekiel predicting May 15, 1948 and not Isaiah's prophecies.

I assumed you were talking about Jeffreys who concocted a math prophecy from Ezekiel, Leviticus, and Jeremiah based on the numbers found within the passages and came out with May 15, 1948.

Now I am intrigued--how does Ezekiel predict May 15, 1948 if not via elaborate mathematics?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2015, 03:08 PM
(15-07-2015 10:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 10:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't understand. I was speaking of prophecies of the Penteteuch and Ezekiel predicting May 15, 1948 and not Isaiah's prophecies.

I assumed you were talking about Jeffreys who concocted a math prophecy from Ezekiel, Leviticus, and Jeremiah based on the numbers found within the passages and came out with May 15, 1948.

Now I am intrigued--how does Ezekiel predict May 15, 1948 if not via elaborate mathematics?

It's the prophecy of fools who don't understand the idiotic of self-fulfilling prophecy. They say Israel will be reborn in a day or something so what do all the Jews and powerful political Christians who WANT this reborn prophecy to come about do? Make the land of Israel announced in a single Independence day. (as if that makes a country officially a country) Then a bunch of idiotic loons will see it as the coming of the prophecy coming true.

It's literally a case of politicians intentionally taking advantage of the masses by making them think something significant and holy is occurring.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-07-2015, 03:13 PM
(15-07-2015 03:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 10:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I assumed you were talking about Jeffreys who concocted a math prophecy from Ezekiel, Leviticus, and Jeremiah based on the numbers found within the passages and came out with May 15, 1948.

It's the prophecy of fools who don't understand the idiotic of self-fulfilling prophecy. They say Israel will be reborn in a day or something so what do all the Jews and powerful political Christians who WANT this reborn prophecy to come about do? Make the land of Israel announced in a single Independence day. (as if that makes a country officially a country) Then a bunch of idiotic loons will see it as the coming of the prophecy coming true.

It's literally a case of politicians intentionally taking advantage of the masses by making them think something significant and holy is occurring.

I have seen some Christians cite Isaiah 66 as evidence for 1948 Israel. Because, they will say, Israel became a nation in a day. But I don't get where Q is getting the exact date of May 15, 1948 from Ezekiel without using Jefrrey's man-made and artificial prophecy?
15-07-2015, 10:15 PM
(15-07-2015 03:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 03:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's the prophecy of fools who don't understand the idiotic of self-fulfilling prophecy. They say Israel will be reborn in a day or something so what do all the Jews and powerful political Christians who WANT this reborn prophecy to come about do? Make the land of Israel announced in a single Independence day. (as if that makes a country officially a country) Then a bunch of idiotic loons will see it as the coming of the prophecy coming true.

I have seen some Christians cite Isaiah 66 as evidence for 1948 Israel. Because, they will say, Israel became a nation in a day. But I don't get where Q is getting the exact date of May 15, 1948 from Ezekiel without using Jefrrey's man-made and artificial prophecy?

Geez, what don't you get about this: it doesn't count as man-made if it results from the bible. It's just god being mysterious in his communication. Smartass

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
15-07-2015, 10:16 PM
(15-07-2015 10:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 03:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have seen some Christians cite Isaiah 66 as evidence for 1948 Israel. Because, they will say, Israel became a nation in a day. But I don't get where Q is getting the exact date of May 15, 1948 from Ezekiel without using Jefrrey's man-made and artificial prophecy?

Geez, what don't you get about this: it doesn't count as man-made if it results from the bible. It's just god being mysterious in his communication. Smartass

You are right--how silly of me Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2015, 01:39 AM
(06-07-2015 02:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I never argue with a personal experience or revelation.

I simply explain why it might be why they believe it's never enough to convince me to believe on their word alone.

If they press I'll add that it's human nature to embellish facts or read more into things than there is.

Funny they always end up getting defensive. It's almost as though they are lying and desperate to convince me they're not.
No, we get defensive because you attack our very core and claim it to be embellishment.
16-07-2015, 05:59 AM
(16-07-2015 01:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 02:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I never argue with a personal experience or revelation.

I simply explain why it might be why they believe it's never enough to convince me to believe on their word alone.

If they press I'll add that it's human nature to embellish facts or read more into things than there is.

Funny they always end up getting defensive. It's almost as though they are lying and desperate to convince me they're not.
No, we get defensive because you attack our very core and claim it to be embellishment.

Personal experience is not evidence.
If you think that malleable, fallible, unreliable, subjective internal experience is your "very core", then you have precious little critical thinking ability.

Are you offended by that? Too bad. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-07-2015, 07:21 AM
(16-07-2015 01:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Then maybe it would be wise not to let embellishments into your very core.
16-07-2015, 07:23 AM
Again, the diaspora begins in the spring of the year and calculations arrive at 1948.4 years AD. .4 times 365 is 146 days in a Gentile year, plus Jan. 1 we have May 27, 1948 AD. Off by 12 days but easily accounted for.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2015, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 10:20 AM by jennybee.)
(16-07-2015 07:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Again, the diaspora begins in the spring of the year and calculations arrive at 1948.4 years AD. .4 times 365 is 146 days in a Gentile year, plus Jan. 1 we have May 27, 1948 AD. Off by 12 days but easily accounted for.

Thanks.

There are no passages in the Bible that say you are supposed to be doing calculations. There is no passage that says you are supposed to add such and such a number together and get to Spring 1948. There are, however, some similarities between the Babylonian exile/return and 1948 Israel. The passages in the Bible are talking about the Babylonian exile/return but many Christians like to twist them and say they are talking about 1948 Israel.

Jesus also says the following in Acts 1:

When they had gathered together they asked him, 'Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?' He [Jesus] answered them, 'It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority."
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post