Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(19-07-2015 12:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 11:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The first thing I said is that Christ is God.

I'd just LOVE to know how you know this considering you have not even read the part of the book that deals with Christ. Oh and that there is utterly no evidence that Jesus was divine and no good evidence that he even existed. So please do tell how you came to BELIEVE that one, or is it just another groundless assertion?
Alright. I'm pretty sure I just explained it but I will attempt to explain it differently.

Christ was pure. Literally without any sin. He was the example of what humans are capable of through perfect harmony with existence and/ or God. No other has, or will ever be wholly good but him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2015, 03:00 PM
(19-07-2015 02:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 12:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'd just LOVE to know how you know this considering you have not even read the part of the book that deals with Christ. Oh and that there is utterly no evidence that Jesus was divine and no good evidence that he even existed. So please do tell how you came to BELIEVE that one, or is it just another groundless assertion?
Alright. I'm pretty sure I just explained it but I will attempt to explain it differently.

Christ was pure. Literally without any sin. He was the example of what humans are capable of through perfect harmony with existence and/ or God. No other has, or will ever be wholly good but him.

Pure fiction......

I'm sure the Manson Family thought Charlie was "pure" too....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Morondog,
Me saying your name suited you was a stab at you. I am not perfect. I am very far from perfect. It was low and an assumption, makeing me an Ass. I try to be level but it is a battle at times. I apologize to you for I do not know you. It was uncalled for I suppose. I probably wouldn't go through that trouble either. I will state that I am not a kid in anyway but can relate to them very well. You may not be lazy. I do not beat around the bush, or play games. I attempt to explain tho vs to the best of my ability. Granted, my attempts are quite flawed in execution. I really do not seek attention. That is one reason I try to keep discussion off of my personal experiences to a point. I agree about the straight and forward. It is my findings that most good is indeed simple, and straight forward. I emulate this behavior well usually, granted not always at my best.

I am not special. We all have the connection I ha e tapped into with some help. I have always been an outsider. I have always had social issues. I never, not one day had confidence. My childhood was cut short. I was at the breaking point, and ate that shit up. I have been on the edge of sanity by my own hand. When I couldn't find my way home, and was about to be lost forever is when the Lord decided to show me my entire existence through all pain and doubt. He showed me that not only was he their all along, but that every painful thing, all the disappointment and shame, and anger was put before me for the very reason I write at this moment. He lifted my burdens and stopped my self distructive path that was about to be the end of three paths. He showed me. It has taken years for me to begin to word these things, and put them to use as I'd my purpose. I am not special. I was on the brink of damnation from which there would have been no return. He showed pity, mercy, and patience. If it wasn't for his personal intervention I would literally be dead or in prison for a really long time. I have been saved yet must do right by my family, the Lord, and myself. I can't afford to slip very far I assure you. I am blessed as we could all be. Mine just came to me early because of my particular situation. The fact that I was actively searching for about 3 years may have had something to do with it as well.
19-07-2015, 03:04 PM
(19-07-2015 03:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 02:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Alright. I'm pretty sure I just explained it but I will attempt to explain it differently.

Pure fiction......

I'm sure the Manson Family thought Charlie was "pure" too....
Did the mansions kill anyone?

Did Christ do any selfish deed ever?
19-07-2015, 04:56 PM
(19-07-2015 02:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 12:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'd just LOVE to know how you know this considering you have not even read the part of the book that deals with Christ. Oh and that there is utterly no evidence that Jesus was divine and no good evidence that he even existed. So please do tell how you came to BELIEVE that one, or is it just another groundless assertion?

That's not an explanation that a declaration. That answers nothing. It certainly does not answer my question given that my question was not a request for a fucking description of what the New Testament says about Jesus which is what you gave me you fucking retard.
What I asked was how do you know that Christ is God when all the fiction surrounding Jesus in the Bible is in the New testament which you have admitted to not reading.

See this shit is why I accuse you of not comprehending the things people say to you.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
19-07-2015, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 05:46 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(19-07-2015 03:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Did Christ do any selfish deed ever?
How would you know if he had or had not when you have not even read the parts of the book that deal with that character?

The answer by the way is yes he did, he also physically assaulted people on at least one occasion, gave horrible advice frequently, and repeatedly demanded that people love him over their own family and even themselves. Edit: opps also forgot that in one instance he was a bigoted piece of shit to a non-jew and had to be talked into getting over his hatred and bigotry and get on with helping that person by his disciples...making them more moral and empathetic people then he was. Good thing it's fiction eh?

Something you would know if you read the fucking book.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
19-07-2015, 07:04 PM
WhiskeyDebates,

That's a stupid question.
Standing up for the very way of being in a humble, defensive manner with love is not selfish. I'm sorry, it just isn't. And before anyone goes off about men being over women; in theory, through real truth of being with all other things men are to be 100% giving to everything through love for everything. This holds especially true to wife and child. To give whatever you can in way of happiness for others. However in this theoretical way of being that is pure, in marital situations the man us to give unless it conflicts with the very way of being of good for all creation.

As far as sexually the women can hold out as much as they want even though it is counter productive to the relationship and unity. The man is to be ok with that to an extent, however the man does have needs that are to be considered by the wife at times. It should be mutual, and wonderful as is true love and meaningful rightious life.
19-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah, I don't have to read man's overly manipulated translation of the New Testament to know about God.
19-07-2015, 07:08 PM
But I still plan to as I am certain I will receive wonderful insight, even if slightly riddled with manipulation.
19-07-2015, 07:10 PM
[Image: krysten-ritter-eyeroll-seriouly.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post