Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Personal experience argument
(20-07-2015 05:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Worship is a way to stay true to the path. To keep centered. Nothing more. Hypocrisy isn't in the equation for me as it may be for others. Fucking ass. Worthless fucking ass at that. Talk that shit bitch. Yours is coming. May not be from me cause I'm sure there isn't an upright bone in your pathetic fucking body, but yours is coming. You better enjoy living in selfish squalor while you can. Really I insult pigs, not you.

I'll bet god is so proud of you right now.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
20-07-2015, 08:19 AM
(19-07-2015 07:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What the fuck is your problem man Christ and God and Allah and the Universe are all the same thing. Even if God manifested Jesus somehow it would be God because it is from God for our understanding.

What the fuck is your problem, man? There is no evidence that Christ and God and Allah and the Universe are all the same thing. The universe is matter and energy embedded in space-time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2015, 08:21 AM
(19-07-2015 09:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Whiskeydbates,
Midianites were horribly tainted in evil. The only ones that could even be possibly saved were the virgin females. Stop taking shit out of context you squirmy fuck.

What is the evidence for that? How is genocide ever justifiable? Stop talking shit, you stupid fuck.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Midianites were horribly tainted in evil. The only ones that could even be possibly saved were the virgin females. Stop taking shit out of context you squirmy fuck. The people you speak of were responsible for comepletly throwing the chosen people who were to guide all through example way off the path. If they weren't eliminated they would have been responsible for much more pain than there own.

Ok dumbass, I a woman never wants to lay with a man then they shouldn't fucking be married. Real fucking simple shit friendo.

For your information, you brligerant fuck, I have been with the same woman on and off through many ups and downs for 14 years. You can tell when you get somehow offended because you start to assume more shit.

In another quote you go on about not taking everything in the Bible literally. Perhaps you should start with this passage, which was written in order to justify (heck, celebrate would be a better word) the Israelites' genocide of a people that controlled resources they wanted. If, as you claim elsewhere, the universal consciousness wants all humankind working together in unity to do whatever the fuck it is to the universe, it shouldn't be trying to make this effort weaker by encouraging bits of itself to kill one another…should it? And if it does, then humanity's most ethical option would be to band together to oppose such an evil overlord.

I'm not going to get into the nonsense about virgins, except to note that you are clearly a sexist jackass in addition to being crazy and that having consensual sex does not defile or degrade males or females. And also to note that there are plenty of virgins of either sex who have done things that are evil.

Your thinking is seriously messed up.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
20-07-2015, 09:27 AM
(20-07-2015 07:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not about punishment at all.

You were reveling in the thought that somebody who didn't respect your nonsensical ravings would be punished. In case you forgot what you said:
Quote:Yours is coming. May not be from me cause I'm sure there isn't an upright bone in your pathetic fucking body, but yours is coming. You better enjoy living in selfish squalor while you can.

Quote:It's about truth and purification through existence/ evolution.

That's just word salad that conveys no meaning at all.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Unfogged - Seriously, every time I read his (her?) stuff, it makes me wonder if I am, or should be, stoned. The former is a problem, since I haven't smoked in a decade.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 09:46 AM
(20-07-2015 09:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Unfogged - Seriously, every time I read his (her?) stuff, it makes me wonder if I am, or should be, stoned. The former is a problem, since I haven't smoked in a decade.

I know what you mean, it is Chopak-grade woo-speak. I usually attempt to figure out what he's trying to say but sometimes I worry that if I ever do grasp it I'll never be able to think straight again.

What makes it worth reading sometimes is when he tries to use vocabulary he doesn't understand like 'undeniable' or my new favorite, 'henceforth':
(19-07-2015 07:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Seriously, I haven't lied yet. Henceforth, you haven't proven otherwise.

Pops... 'hence' can be used to mean 'therefore' or 'because of that' but 'henceforth' means 'from now on'.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-07-2015, 09:57 AM
(17-07-2015 10:44 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 09:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Very good thinking, Jenny. If I may respond?

The theocratic kingdom of Israel was not restored in 1948. This is more the Ezekiel prophecy of dead bones come to life yet without spiritual life.

And technically speaking, there actually are statements to calculate prophecies in the Bible. Remember, Jesus warned the Pharisees they missed the (calculated) date of His visitation per Daniel. As mentioned elsewhere, the Bible predicted the Messiah would die for sin (I believe it was April 4, 29 AD and Daniel was clearly written earlier as all believers and skeptics know).

But it was actually atheists who (I believe) prompted the Ezekiel calculation. Per the original prophecy under discussion, the Jews should have had a homeland many years ago. Skeptics reported that the Ezekiel prophecy had failed. AFTER 1948, some believers noticed the seven times injunction in the Torah and calculated 7 times the diaspora years remaining under discussion, and said, "Holy Prophecy, Batman! The Bible gave the year and time of Israel's restoration as a Jewish nation!" WOW. You could therefore argue that Zionists and Western sympathizers restored Israel to the Jews to fulfill prophecy, but they had no idea the date in 1948 was fulfilling exact prophecy as they did so! Awesome.

This is not the sole time that skeptics have prompted believers to unearth prophecies and codes. It is this Hegelian synthesis method I find exciting--TTA members pick apart my Bible teaching and often force me to see new gems within (okay, maybe not that often, but I already know God's Word on a working basis from talking to all kinds of people). The Jews have taught for millennia now that God's Word has revelations for those who go deeper... and Jesus Himself taught a parable of two people who looked into God's Word. The one who did so in a shallow manner suffered loss.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I'm open if you want to discuss this more!

The Ezekiel 390/40 prophecy was something biblical scholars noticed had failed. Whether they were skeptics or not is irrelevant. It is historical fact. It did not come true. Jeremiah was much closer numerically speaking in “his” prophecy re: Babylonian exile.

Believers notice all kinds of calculations/codes in the Bible. When I was a believer I kind of got into this kind of thing myself. I found several calculations/codes from various rapturists that made Jeffreys (the author I mentioned before) seem like child’s play.

When I was talking about biblical calculations, I was referring to adding numbers together at random from various passages to predict future *current* events. Of course, you could look at the Book of Daniel (for example) and say he was technically using calculations to “predict” events in the near future *in his time.* However, many scholars have made note that the Book of Daniel has passages that were added in after the fact. Again, I am talking about using biblical "calculations" and "codes" to predict things in our current time.

If the Bible was very specific and said: “Thou shalt add 390 and 40 together and take numbers out of Leviticus (and so on and so forth…) and come up with 1948 Israel, thou shalt know I am Lord your God," I would be completely amazed and seriously reconsider my views on things. But it doesn’t say that. In fact, the Bible warns continuously of false prophets. People using random numbers and passages taken out of context is kinda doing the whole false prophet thing, don’t you think? Why would Jesus be so adamant in Acts about not knowing the times and seasons of what God has planned (specifically what God has planned for Israel) if God wanted people to use the Bible to figure things out mathematically? Jesus could have easily said "Look closely within my Father's Word and there you will find predictions for all future events." But this is not what he said.

As a Christian, if Jesus makes a point of saying it's not your job (as a human) to know things/only God knows what the future holds, don't you think you should believe him?

I can accept your logic here and I'm familiar with both false prophets and proper exegesis of prophetic scripture. Except that it's reasonable to say "Whoa! A simple, direct calculation--including specifically-worded prophecies--provides the Spring 1948 date, which date represents an extraordinary, unique event in human history, a displaced people group returning to their homeland after two millennia."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-07-2015, 09:59 AM
(20-07-2015 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
Midianites were horribly tainted in evil. The only ones that could even be possibly saved were the virgin females. Stop taking shit out of context you squirmy fuck.

What is the evidence for that? How is genocide ever justifiable? Stop talking shit, you stupid fuck.

Chas, I'd likely cite the above as evidence you have anger issues, as previously referred to. Why live in denial any longer?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-07-2015, 10:06 AM
(20-07-2015 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 10:44 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The Ezekiel 390/40 prophecy was something biblical scholars noticed had failed. Whether they were skeptics or not is irrelevant. It is historical fact. It did not come true. Jeremiah was much closer numerically speaking in “his” prophecy re: Babylonian exile.

Believers notice all kinds of calculations/codes in the Bible. When I was a believer I kind of got into this kind of thing myself. I found several calculations/codes from various rapturists that made Jeffreys (the author I mentioned before) seem like child’s play.

When I was talking about biblical calculations, I was referring to adding numbers together at random from various passages to predict future *current* events. Of course, you could look at the Book of Daniel (for example) and say he was technically using calculations to “predict” events in the near future *in his time.* However, many scholars have made note that the Book of Daniel has passages that were added in after the fact. Again, I am talking about using biblical "calculations" and "codes" to predict things in our current time.

If the Bible was very specific and said: “Thou shalt add 390 and 40 together and take numbers out of Leviticus (and so on and so forth…) and come up with 1948 Israel, thou shalt know I am Lord your God," I would be completely amazed and seriously reconsider my views on things. But it doesn’t say that. In fact, the Bible warns continuously of false prophets. People using random numbers and passages taken out of context is kinda doing the whole false prophet thing, don’t you think? Why would Jesus be so adamant in Acts about not knowing the times and seasons of what God has planned (specifically what God has planned for Israel) if God wanted people to use the Bible to figure things out mathematically? Jesus could have easily said "Look closely within my Father's Word and there you will find predictions for all future events." But this is not what he said.

As a Christian, if Jesus makes a point of saying it's not your job (as a human) to know things/only God knows what the future holds, don't you think you should believe him?

I can accept your logic here and I'm familiar with both false prophets and proper exegesis of prophetic scripture. Except that it's reasonable to say "Whoa! A simple, direct calculation--including specifically-worded prophecies--provides the Spring 1948 date, which date represents an extraordinary, unique event in human history, a displaced people group returning to their homeland after two millennia."

What prophecies/passages are you referring to?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi