Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(20-07-2015 08:48 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hrm.. he was in prison. "Scary" is a term I've only ever heard prisoners use.

It means "frightened", not "frightening", when used in a prison context.

How. Interesting!
What a keen observation sir.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it oughta be. I spent 9 years in the joint, and just got out 3 months ago, tomorrow.

Most of the rest of what you said sounded like every Cell Warrior I've ever heard.

They bitch up quick enough once that slider racks, though.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 09:35 PM
(20-07-2015 09:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. They didn't rape the girls. Even when the girls matured into women.

Bullshit.

"Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

In the context of the times in which the action took place based on other similar stories in the bible there is only a single meaning to that passage.

You still haven't answered how an intact hyman = innocence and why the virgin boys had to be killed. Dodge dodge dodge dodge.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
20-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Actually I did. And virginity was used as a sign of purity firstly because a virgin hasn't known real lust. Secondly, we relatively innocent at least until puberty or adolescents.

As stated by both of us the boys were the blood of their fathers, and like there fathers would sin a lot, and also be like a wound left to fester as opposed to amputation of the limb. It was the lesser of the two evil outcomes that could have happened given the scenario and setting.
20-07-2015, 09:47 PM
In other words: "We want to kill all the potential future warriors. But we feel the need to justify it with talk about sin. So we'll say that 8 year old boys 'have known real lust', but the tasty young virgin girls have not."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 10:00 PM
(20-07-2015 09:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  In other words: "We want to kill all the potential future warriors. But we feel the need to justify it with talk about sin. So we'll say that 8 year old boys 'have known real lust', but the tasty young virgin girls have not."
No. The boys didn't know sin either. But were exactly as you say. They were also the blood of horribly corrupt, evil men. Boys would grow up with hatred and vengeance and the want of sin in excess. The girls may have been fucked up too. You forget it was Moses who instructed the troops. He was indeed looking out for the best possible scenario for his followers, the Israelites.
20-07-2015, 10:06 PM
I don't forget. That's exactly what I'd expect a fucked-up, bloodthirsty tribal warrior-priest to tell his flocks of sword-toting followers. "God Wills It!" "Kill all the boys and keep the young women for yourself!"

To paraphrase Monty Python, "Sin don't enter into it, my good fellow."

It's the people who keep calling his God a "kind, gentle, and loving creator" that get me into this mode of discussion.

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 10:06 PM
(20-07-2015 10:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 09:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  In other words: "We want to kill all the potential future warriors. But we feel the need to justify it with talk about sin. So we'll say that 8 year old boys 'have known real lust', but the tasty young virgin girls have not."
No. The boys didn't know sin either. But were exactly as you say. They were also the blood of horribly corrupt, evil men. Boys would grow up with hatred and vengeance and the want of sin in excess. The girls may have been fucked up too. You forget it was Moses who instructed the troops. He was indeed looking out for the best possible scenario for his followers, the Israelites.
You like to use the concepts of good or evil and acknowledging things like sin or corruption without any qualification upon how you define what those are... which is a really sad thing to see people keep doing. Use more critical focus beyond using undefined base labels.

If you think there is some real god ordering things but never ordered anything that is Evil or Bad... what do you define as evil or bad? If what God orders or creates is what is good, well that doesn't say much. It's then simply good to you because God says it's good. But what good even count for then.

It is impressive how all over the world peoples personal experiences and views of God shockingly match up to their ideal views of morality and their wished ideal self.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-07-2015, 10:21 PM
ClydeLee,
Good can be found by anyone actively seeking it. It is accompanied by positive emotion only. It is always simple and direct and selfless. Bad is manipulative it's nature. It is in all negative or hurtfull thought regardless of who or what it affects. It hides and poses as good through selfishness. It is elusive and clings to all it can. In thought it is always second or third and is only justifiable when seen with selfish eyes. It can trick, and bend your very core. It can consume and blind. Any and all bad thought will be accompanied by negative emotions to those who are aware of there inner most workings. I would be more than happy to go into further detail in any direction you like. I know my words confuse, but through conversation with patience we will reach understanding.
20-07-2015, 10:28 PM
(20-07-2015 10:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ClydeLee,
Good can be found by anyone actively seeking it. It is accompanied by positive emotion only. It is always simple and direct and selfless. Bad is manipulative it's nature. It is in all negative or hurtfull thought regardless of who or what it affects. It hides and poses as good through selfishness. It is elusive and clings to all it can. In thought it is always second or third and is only justifiable when seen with selfish eyes. It can trick, and bend your very core. It can consume and blind. Any and all bad thought will be accompanied by negative emotions to those who are aware of there inner most workings. I would be more than happy to go into further detail in any direction you like. I know my words confuse, but through conversation with patience we will reach understanding.