Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(21-07-2015 06:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I read a lot the most grand tales to have ever been told. They are real.

tale
tāl/Submit
noun
a fictitious or true narrative or story, especially one that is imaginatively recounted.

Try reading some non-fiction for a change.
Try reading your definition again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2015, 06:51 PM
(21-07-2015 06:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Those are bible calculations from Grant Jeffrey and Chuck Missler. They are calculations they came up with. They are not based on Scripture as it does not say to add numbers together in the passage. If God wanted the numbers to be added together--He would have said add these numbers together. Or He would have said 430 days (or years based on the day-year principle). The passage in Ezekiel specifically makes the distinction between the two houses--the House of Israel and the House of Judah--they are two separate and distinct entities.

Additionally, it does not make sense to add those two numbers together. Here is a real world example for you: You have two children. Child A does something wrong and you punish them for 4 weeks. Child B does something wrong (although not as bad as Child A) and you punish them for 1 week. Then you tell them I am now going to add your punishments together. So Child A will be punished for 5 weeks and Child B will be punished for 5 weeks. It makes no sense.

Also, in terms of the start date of 606 BCE--as I have mentioned before--one could have also picked any number of "legitimate" start dates to make the math work. Here are a few examples:

597 BCE date of first deportation of Jews into exile

586 BCE Destruction of temple and deportation of more Jews

538 BCE Exile officially ends

[Image: mistele_clip_image002.gif]

As you can see, according to the Bible (Book of Jeremiah), the exile/captivity lasted 70 years. Ezekiel's prophecy did not come true. It would make more sense, then, to multiply 70 x 7 (7 taken from Leviticus) and not 360 x 7. But of course, we know why Jeffrey and Missler could not use 70 x 7--the math simply would not work.

All this should illustrate to you that Jeffrey and Missler played with dates and numbers to get a desired outcome.

Lastly, the Book of Ezekiel is divided by scholars into the following sections: (it's from Wikipedia, which I typically don't like citing--however it is accurate information, so I am cutting and pasting).

1. Inaugural vision (Ezekiel 1:1–3:27): God approaches Ezekiel as the divine warrior, riding in his battle chariot. The chariot is drawn by four living creatures, each having four faces (those of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle) and four wings. Beside each "living creature" is a "wheel within a wheel", with "tall and awesome" rims full of eyes all around. YHWH commissions Ezekiel as a prophet and as a "watchman" in Israel: "Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites." (2:3)

2. Judgment on Jerusalem and Judah (Ezekiel 4:1–24:27) and on the nations (Ezekiel 25:1–32:32): God warns of the certain destruction of Jerusalem and of the devastation of the nations that have troubled his people: the Ammonites, Moabites, Edomites and Philistines, the Phoenician cities of Tyre and Sidon, and Egypt.

3. Building a new city (Ezekiel 33:1–48:35): The Jewish exile will come to an end, a new city and new Temple will be built, and the Israelites will be gathered and blessed as never before.

So as you can see, Ezekiel was never talking about 1948 Israel. He was talking about the goings on at the time of the Babylonian exile and the *immediate* rebuilding of a new Israel after the exile had ended---not years later in 1948.
I never said the persecution of the Jews was over. Prejudice is everywhere.

I'm not sure why you are responding to my post--or what exactly you are responding to? I am having a discussion with Q--who has read the Bible. If you want to talk to me about biblical history--I am more than willing to do that with you--*if you actually read the Bible* and consult a few scholarly books. I honestly don't have the patience Whiskey does by responding to utter nonsense.
21-07-2015, 06:52 PM
(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As stated the only perfect human was Christ.
As asserted and not even proven and thus entirely worthless as an argument.

(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He most definitely is considered God by many people.
So was Zeus, Odin, Ra, and thousands of other entities throughout history who are just as fictional as Christ.
Also that's a fallacy. The number of people that believe has no baring on how accurate those beliefs are.

(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are make in a likeness to God in our dominion over earth, and our free will.
Except that's only true if you chose to define "dominion" as soemthing other then the actual fucking definition of "dominion". De we have dominion over cancer? Aids? Hurricanes? Also we were made in the "likeness of god in our... free will" .....except that they are radically different and in no operate under the same mechanics or guidelines.
So yes outside of that being entirely incorrect you are absolutely right.

[quote='popsthebuilder' pid='817143' dateline='1437491392']We are under God in that we will never be his equal for he create us.
Asserted and not proven and thus worthless.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-07-2015, 06:55 PM
(21-07-2015 06:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  tale
tāl/Submit
noun
a fictitious or true narrative or story, especially one that is imaginatively recounted.

Try reading some non-fiction for a change.
Try reading your definition again.

You mean that part, where it says there may be some truth but it's been fluffed up with bullshit? Is that what you think I should reread?

If there is a grain of truth in your Bible...it's been buried in layers and layer of crap.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-07-2015, 06:56 PM
(21-07-2015 06:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As stated the only perfect human was Christ.
As asserted and not even proven and thus entirely worthless as an argument.

(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He most definitely is considered God by many people.
So was Zeus, Odin, Ra, and thousands of other entities throughout history who are just as fictional as Christ.
Also that's a fallacy. The number of people that believe has no baring on how accurate those beliefs are.

(21-07-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are make in a likeness to God in our dominion over earth, and our free will.
Except that's only true if you chose to define "dominion" as soemthing other then the actual fucking definition of "dominion". De we have dominion over cancer? Aids? Hurricanes? Also we were made in the "likeness of god in our... free will" .....except that they are radically different and in no operate under the same mechanics or guidelines.
So yes outside of that being entirely incorrect you are absolutely right.

[quote='popsthebuilder' pid='817143' dateline='1437491392']We are under God in that we will never be his equal for he create us.
Your will is strong sir. Unfortunately for you, your motives are obvious to all.
21-07-2015, 06:59 PM
(21-07-2015 06:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  As asserted and not even proven and thus entirely worthless as an argument.

Your will is strong sir. Unfortunately for you, your motives are obvious to all.
As is your cowardice, and manipulative nature. Be free. And I don't mean without direction, just the opposite one.
21-07-2015, 07:21 PM
(21-07-2015 06:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  As asserted and not even proven and thus entirely worthless as an argument.

Yes my motive are obvious to all, that I seek to oppose the harmful effects of irrational, unfounded, destructive , and superstitious idiocy has been, I'd like to think, obvious since my first week here.

Pointing out your bullshit is bullshit requires literally no expenditure of will but..thanks I guess? Your will is weak as hell though, given that you can't formulate a single response to an argument that is not just word salad assertions with no context AND that you have given over your will entirely to delusion and superstition.
I like how you tacitly assume everyone agrees with you on the nature of my motives despite no one person agreeing with you on a single point in this whole thread. That's hilarious.

Honest question: why do you even quote peoples posts if nothing you ever say has anything to do with what you are quoting? It's fucking baffling why you would waste the time.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-07-2015, 07:29 PM
(21-07-2015 06:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your will is strong sir. Unfortunately for you, your motives are obvious to all.
As is your cowardice, and manipulative nature. Be free. And I don't mean without direction, just the opposite one.
I'll ask you again: if you were not threatening me earlier what exactly was I afraid of? Give me an example of a cowardly action I have taken. Give an example of a manipulation.

Keep in mind that "not agreeing with your unproven assertions" is not the definition of cowardly or manipulative. Also keep in mind I already have a direction and it's the resistance of your dishonest and superstitious irrational delusions. Also keep you are making an accusation of cowardice right after you threatened me while being safely anonymous and you are making accusations of manipulation when your entire argument consists of unproven and stupid word games.

21-07-2015, 07:34 PM
(21-07-2015 06:27 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem to have a Disney-esque view of nature. It doesn't work that way.

You are ignorant of the real world - read a book.
Was the most negative person I knew for the longest. Still have my doubts about Disney's motives. Faith completely changed me. Optimism is a wonderful tool.

That was a bizarre non-answer. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2015, 07:38 PM
As much as I enjoy reading the responses to poopy and godex...I think my ignore list has to be appended. They can join the likes of diddles and dim.

Poopy's threats, anger, ignorance, and general assholery make further attention not worth the time.

You just can't fix stupid.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post