Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(21-07-2015 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem to have a Disney-esque view of nature. It doesn't work that way.

You are ignorant of the real world - read a book.
I read a lot the most grand tales to have ever been told. They are real.

See, that's just the problem - you are reading tales. They are fairy tales.

Your statement "If all were aligned with nature and existence there would be no pain or suffering for any creature" is simply ludicrous. The predator that is aligned with nature kills its prey - and is often eating it before it is dead.

You need to grow up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2015, 07:51 PM
(21-07-2015 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I read a lot the most grand tales to have ever been told. They are real.

See, that's just the problem - you are reading tales. They are fairy tales.

Your statement "If all were aligned with nature and existence there would be no pain or suffering for any creature" is simply ludicrous. The predator that is aligned with nature kills its prey - and is often eating it before it is dead.

You need to grow up.
I meant outside of natural order. Obviously.
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2015, 08:05 PM
(21-07-2015 07:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  See, that's just the problem - you are reading tales. They are fairy tales.

You need to grow up.

What pain do animals suffer from outside the natural order and can you display a difference between the two?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-07-2015, 08:10 PM
(21-07-2015 06:27 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Was the most negative person I knew for the longest.
Was implies past tense, and we have seen you be plenty vulgar on this forum. I'd say you actually are the most negative person on this forum currently as you are the only one still here that has out and out issued threats to meet a person in real life and "have your body broken" which heavily implies the use of violence by someone.

It seems that it's had no effect on you outside of a false veneer of self obsessed piety.

21-07-2015, 08:11 PM
I know you like to just switch subjects when you have no answer so....

(21-07-2015 09:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. Adam and Eve where without sin which is to say they were without knowledge of good and evil, which is to say that they had no free will prior to attaining knowledge, some of which they weren't to attain at all, hence sin and punishment.

If they had no knowledge of good and evil and no free will then it is irrational to hold them responsible for their actions. With no knowledge of good and evil they would not understand that an action could be wrong and without free will they were powerless to do anything else anyway.

Please explain how sin or punishment is reasonable under your theology or admit that you do not know what you are talking about.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-07-2015, 08:17 PM
(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This understanding and dominion is only through true Faith. It cannot even be recognized fully without Faith.
Saying you need faith to witness it is the exact same thing to us as saying it's not real.

(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can actually set with wasps, spiders, vicious strang dogs and the like due to a simple vibe that I put off.
Oh for..Rolleyes
Go cut your hand, swim out into shark infested waters and see how well your "vibe" works for you. Shake the wasps nest while giving off your vibe and tell me what happens, actually make a youtube video of it cause I could use a good laugh.

The fact that animal operating on instinct don't attack a person not threatening them is not proof you give off a vibe you bloody dolt.

(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Past that our tyranny over all other existence regardless of how fucked up it is is proof of our dominion in itself.
Cancer and hurricanes. Checkmate.

21-07-2015, 08:38 PM
(21-07-2015 08:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This understanding and dominion is only through true Faith. It cannot even be recognized fully without Faith.
Saying you need faith to witness it is the exact same thing to us as saying it's not real.

(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can actually set with wasps, spiders, vicious strang dogs and the like due to a simple vibe that I put off.
Oh for..Rolleyes
Go cut your hand, swim out into shark infested waters and see how well your "vibe" works for you. Shake the wasps nest while giving off your vibe and tell me what happens, actually make a youtube video of it cause I could use a good laugh.

The fact that animal operating on instinct don't attack a person not threatening them is not proof you give off a vibe you bloody dolt.

(21-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Past that our tyranny over all other existence regardless of how fucked up it is is proof of our dominion in itself.
Went over all that earlier. Cancer is something that should have been cured already but doctors are more interested in techniques that bring them more money instead of cures. We would eradicate all sickness sin unity by combined pure effort. Hurricanes are a natural phenomena and could also be worked around or lessened in there destruction to life through unity and pure selfless efforts that would come easily under the circumstances that would be brought forth through truthful unity.
21-07-2015, 08:39 PM
(21-07-2015 07:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  See, that's just the problem - you are reading tales. They are fairy tales.

You need to grow up.

Obviously? I think not. Re-read what you actually wrote.

21-07-2015, 08:41 PM
(21-07-2015 08:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Saying you need faith to witness it is the exact same thing to us as saying it's not real.

Oh for..Rolleyes

Went over all that earlier. Cancer is something that should have been cured already but doctors are more interested in techniques that bring them more money instead of cures. We would eradicate all sickness sin unity by combined pure effort. Hurricanes are a natural phenomena and could also be worked around or lessened in there destruction to life through unity and pure selfless efforts that would come easily under the circumstances that would be brought forth through truthful unity.

Should of? you say and think this because? Do you understand "cancer" isn't something so simply defined or fixed in 1 manner as it enfolds in various ways.

You don't seem to have a very non-emotional attachment to your statements and beliefs. Do you feel these negative emotions you have should drive your ideas? It seems counter to what you keep wanting to say.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-07-2015, 08:42 PM
(21-07-2015 08:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Saying you need faith to witness it is the exact same thing to us as saying it's not real.

Oh for..Rolleyes

Went over all that earlier. Cancer is something that should have been cured already but doctors are more interested in techniques that bring them more money instead of cures.
[Image: 1390269212824.png]

Or are you just a paranoid conspiracy nut? Consider

Quote:We would eradicate all sickness sin unity by combined pure effort.

How? Please be specific.

Quote:Hurricanes are a natural phenomena and could also be worked around or lessened in there destruction to life through unity and pure selfless efforts that would come easily under the circumstances that would be brought forth through truthful unity.

How? Please be specific.