Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(22-07-2015 10:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 02:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sure you can say so Big Grin But, no, I did not make a mistake Tongue

The 430 is from 390 + 40 (taken from Ezekiel 4). Ezekiel is told to lie on one side of his body for 390 days (House of Israel) and 40 days on the other side of his body (House of Judah).

My point is that it makes no sense from the get-go to add these two numbers together. In Ezekiel, the 390 and 40 are referring to two different houses (House of Israel/House of Judah). They are not supposed to be added together. God, in fact, is so adamant that these are separate entities, He tells Ezekiel the following:

Ezekiel 4:8-- "See, I bind you with ropes so that you cannot turn from one side to the other until you have completed the days of your siege."

As per the above passage, God makes it clear that the amount of punishment for each house is separate and distinct. He even binds Ezekiel with ropes to keep him from turning over onto a different side. Why go to the trouble of doing this if the houses were supposed to be added together?

Missler and Jeffrey added 390 and 40 together--despite the fact that it is not justified by Scripture to do so. After combining 390 + 40 = 430, Missler and Jeffrey THEN subtract 70 (from the Babylon exile) to come out with 360. Then, they take 360 x 7 (from Leviticus). This is clear passage jumping and playing with numbers.

The reason I said it should be 70 x 7 from the outset (if we were going to do math calculations at all) is because the Bible says the exile lasted 70 years. Ezekiel's prophecy of 390/40 never came true. Additionally, Ezekiel never says in the passage, "Oh by the way, this 390/40 business is for the year 1948." Why doesn't he say that? Because he was talking about the Babylonian exile, which makes sense if you read the entire book of Ezekiel in its historical context.

The Bible is a book that is chock-full of dates and numbers. Jeffrey and Missler are not prophets--they are just humans who played with numbers and passages to get a desired outcome. There is absolutely no Scriptural justification for any of their calculations. You and I could pick a random date and then go through the Bible and find numbers and passages to justify our calculations if we really wanted to. It's really not that difficult. You can see how easy it is to do this just by doing a google search on Bible codes/calculations--there are all kinds of things people have "found" in the Bible.
Ezekiel did time for both. Effectively adding them together.

You can add them together all you want--but it is not a correct biblical interpretation of the passage. Nowhere in that passage does it say to add 390 and 40 together.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-07-2015, 11:25 PM
whiskeyohdamnitsyouagain,
God doesn't have free will in the way that you are implying.

Like I said already; free will without negative can only be attained through Faith. Otherwise our inhearent evil will creep in, and free will becomes free pain and suffering. There are two sides to everything we are as human, unless we isolate one side through Faith or Hate the other will always be present to some extent. Evil can be separated from free will. This is what I have been preaching about. Unity in Faith will isolate hate and open the way to a much, much better existence by default.
Ok accuse me of not trying to answer your question, or lying, or raping. No not really, you could stop that at anytime. I'm pretty sure you have realized by now that I'm here buddy. Anyway, hope I clarified something at least.
22-07-2015, 11:32 PM
(22-07-2015 09:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 09:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Adam and Eve ...... they were without knowledge of good and evil.....
Couple hours later.....
(22-07-2015 07:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They had knowledge of good.......

You are not even trying now ya lazy bastard.

(22-07-2015 07:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Through deceit and manipulation of God's work Evil was able to creep in and make every little thing be a test.

Well I just threw up in my mouth a little bit and it still tasted better then what I just read.

OK so clearly your sexist but you mentioned Sodom and Gahmorah earlier and I wanted to ask "Is two gay men who love each other engaging in gay sex evil or good, positive or negative?"
I think it's kinda more bad than good, simply because it's really obvious that it isn't what nature intended for us. I mean two ducks can't go together. And, well, we aren't supposed to put our sexual reproductive organ inside our excrement organ. Something just isn't right about that. Any type of love that is selfish is wrong. If there nonphysical love wasn't selfish, as in a real love then that would surely help to counter act the bad physical part.
22-07-2015, 11:36 PM
(22-07-2015 11:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 10:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ezekiel did time for both. Effectively adding them together.

You can add them together all you want--but it is not a correct biblical interpretation of the passage. Nowhere in that passage does it say to add 390 and 40 together.
I wasn't saying it did. In fact that sorta contradicts what I think. Was just making a statement. Didn't mean to offend in any way.
22-07-2015, 11:56 PM
(22-07-2015 11:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 11:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You can add them together all you want--but it is not a correct biblical interpretation of the passage. Nowhere in that passage does it say to add 390 and 40 together.
I wasn't saying it did. In fact that sorta contradicts what I think. Was just making a statement. Didn't mean to offend in any way.

Rolleyes Yeah, 'cos Jenny comes across so bloody offended.

You've convinced me that you're a pure troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-07-2015, 12:37 AM
(22-07-2015 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 11:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I wasn't saying it did. In fact that sorta contradicts what I think. Was just making a statement. Didn't mean to offend in any way.

Rolleyes Yeah, 'cos Jenny comes across so bloody offended.

Hey man, fuck you! I was just tryin to keep from makin more enemies through miscomunication. Prick. What the fuck man.
23-07-2015, 12:38 AM
Fucking rhetorical, no fucking question mark.
23-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Yay! The squid of rage! Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-07-2015, 05:21 AM
(23-07-2015 12:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes Yeah, 'cos Jenny comes across so bloody offended.

Hey man, fuck you! I was just tryin to keep from makin more enemies through miscomunication. Prick. What the fuck man.

Uh-oh, looks like a little Jesus slipped out........

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-07-2015, 05:24 AM
(23-07-2015 05:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 12:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hey man, fuck you! I was just tryin to keep from makin more enemies through miscomunication. Prick. What the fuck man.

Uh-oh, looks like a little Jesus slipped out........

It's OK, I'm sure Jesus just needs to adjust his aim.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post