Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Personal experience argument
(27-07-2015 02:34 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: Quotation-Deepak-Chopra-universe-soul-ti...-71472.jpg]

Tongue

Quote:"The physical world is the womb of unique destiny"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-07-2015, 02:46 AM
(27-07-2015 02:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 02:34 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: Quotation-Deepak-Chopra-universe-soul-ti...-71472.jpg]

Tongue

D'you think Deepak knows about the duality observable throughout the universe and in ancient texts? I mean, he must do right? Since he's been studying mathematical spirituality for so long. Maybe Sir Woo-dunnit here should go sit at his transcendental feet for a while.

Well, morondog, I'm so glad you asked.

[Image: chopra.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
27-07-2015, 02:54 AM
(27-07-2015 02:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 02:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  D'you think Deepak knows about the duality observable throughout the universe and in ancient texts? I mean, he must do right? Since he's been studying mathematical spirituality for so long. Maybe Sir Woo-dunnit here should go sit at his transcendental feet for a while.

Well, morondog, I'm so glad you asked.

You know I've never thought of it this way. Thank goodness for Deepak Smile Well, thank the all-benevolent universe I mean. Rama rama ding ding.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2015, 04:12 AM
(27-07-2015 02:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 02:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, morondog, I'm so glad you asked.

You know I've never thought of it this way. Thank goodness for Deepak Smile Well, thank the all-benevolent universe I mean. Rama rama ding ding.

You know, we could thank ourselves, for we *are* the universe.

[Image: we-are-the-universe-pretending-to-be-ind...chopra.png]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
27-07-2015, 04:19 AM
(26-07-2015 11:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Duality is observable throughout the Universe and ancient texts.

So? Not everything exhibits duality.

If you have a point, try harder to make it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Duality is exhibited in everything from DNA to the relationship of black holes and galaxies.

What doesn't exhibit duality without its opposite you ask?
Only two things that I know of. But any form of duality can be separated in theory.

Positive

Negative

Creation

Destruction
27-07-2015, 05:38 AM
(27-07-2015 05:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Duality is exhibited in everything from DNA to the relationship of black holes and galaxies.

Only two things that I know of. But any form of duality can be separated in theory.

Positive

Negative

Creation

Destruction

That really makes no sense at all, define duality. A black hole, for instance is part of a galaxy, not its opposite.

Also, explain what that has do with anything.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-07-2015, 06:01 AM
(27-07-2015 05:38 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 05:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Duality is exhibited in everything from DNA to the relationship of black holes and galaxies.

Positive

Negative

Creation

Destruction

That really makes no sense at all, define duality. A black hole, for instance is part of a galaxy, not its opposite.

Also, explain what that has do with anything.
Black holes seem to be one of many things keeping the Universe from expanding at an exponential rate, returning to nothing. A balance and infinite potential.
Duality- balance through existence.
27-07-2015, 06:03 AM
I would venture to say they are one of three forces working together for the sake of existence.
27-07-2015, 06:24 AM
(27-07-2015 06:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would venture to say they are one of three forces working together for the sake of existence.

I would venture to say, that's very good crack.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.