Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 07:39 AM
RE: Personal experience argument
(27-07-2015 07:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 07:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry you consider awareness negative. Through said awareness you will find that true happiness far exceeds ignorance bliss.

However, that is not my reason.

You are needed. Asap.

Awareness? Awareness that there is 1 more of the millions of the mindset that you have? That's the awareness that you have had.

And that there is another hypocritical one out there who preaches positive goodness but slanders and out-lashes just as harshly as anyone and doesn't know their words from their action. You're not only spreading more negativity than positivity or awareness, you just further negative views of your disappointingly stereotypical nature. It's your faulty outlashing at people and clashing posts that is more posts of negativity. If you don't get it, then you're more lost from any interactive awareness than any adult should be.
I am working on my personal temper. Perhaps you have noticed. I too am learning.
Thank you. That was an exceptional point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 07:40 AM
(27-07-2015 07:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are needed. Asap.

Someone needs sarcastic comments on a religion website???!!! Summon the Alliance!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2015, 07:42 AM
....lol
27-07-2015, 07:56 AM
(27-07-2015 07:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 07:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  What about the obvious trolls of religion?
The ones who knowingly lie under the guise of truth are the ONLY truly damned.

Got your bags packed or are you planing on shopping for new stuff when you get there? Coffee:

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
27-07-2015, 08:10 AM
(27-07-2015 07:56 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 07:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The ones who knowingly lie under the guise of truth are the ONLY truly damned.

Got your bags packed or are you planing on shopping for new stuff when you get there? Coffee:
Lol. Thanks.
27-07-2015, 08:33 AM
(27-07-2015 07:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 07:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Awareness? Awareness that there is 1 more of the millions of the mindset that you have? That's the awareness that you have had.

And that there is another hypocritical one out there who preaches positive goodness but slanders and out-lashes just as harshly as anyone and doesn't know their words from their action. You're not only spreading more negativity than positivity or awareness, you just further negative views of your disappointingly stereotypical nature. It's your faulty outlashing at people and clashing posts that is more posts of negativity. If you don't get it, then you're more lost from any interactive awareness than any adult should be.
I am working on my personal temper. Perhaps you have noticed. I too am learning.
Thank you. That was an exceptional point.

You keep saying that every time you lash out like a fucking psycho. How much is an apology worth if the behavior continues? Your actions are not only predictable, but typical of many believers who visit here.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
27-07-2015, 09:29 AM
(27-07-2015 07:10 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 07:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Pops, you still haven't answered my question,a t least not directly. I will try asking another way.

Do you (not your faith or your god or whatever) think it is justifiable to punish somebody without understanding and without free will for their actions?
No, for they are innocent regardless of lack of direction. They are the herd and must be protected and accounted for.

So you agree that the Adam & Eve story depicts an unjust god?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-07-2015, 10:35 AM
(27-07-2015 05:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Duality is exhibited in everything from DNA to the relationship of black holes and galaxies.

What doesn't exhibit duality without its opposite you ask?
Only two things that I know of. But any form of duality can be separated in theory.

Positive

Negative

Creation

Destruction

Left/right
Up/down
Inside/outside
etc.

So the fuck what? Not everything exhibits any interesting or important or menaingful duality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2015, 12:20 PM
(27-07-2015 10:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 05:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Duality is exhibited in everything from DNA to the relationship of black holes and galaxies.

What doesn't exhibit duality without its opposite you ask?
Only two things that I know of. But any form of duality can be separated in theory.

Positive

Negative

Creation

Destruction

Left/right
Up/down
Inside/outside
etc.

So the fuck what? Not everything exhibits any interesting or important or menaingful duality.
It is all duality regardless of it it interests you. Surely, it must interest you some right. Consider.
Thanks.
27-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Pops,

I don't agree with most of your dualities. As an example, I'll choose creation, opposite destruction. Here is a brief expansion of your pairing:

Creation, birth, discovery, imitation, alteration, homage, replacement, displacement, deconstruction, destruction, decay, obsolescence…

That is a different way to make a spectrum of words that refer to things coming to be and to no longer be. There could be many other words in that line in addition to or instead of the ones that I used.

Either/or and pairs of opposites thinking is easy to understand and simple, helpful at first when roughing out a concept. But simple can also be a wrong-headed way of understanding things that leads to all kinds of mistakes and negative outcomes.

I can't agree that duality is a useful way of explaining the universe, ethics, or human purpose.