Personal experience argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Personal experience argument
(24-07-2015 10:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The expositors of this idea had no control over:

* When the diaspora began

* When some returned from captivity

* The number seven being the number in the Torah as used for a multiplicand

* The State of Israel coming to pass in 1948 CE

All four of which were firmly in place, as I mentioned, before skeptics questioned diaspora prophecy and before the numbers "added up" for Christian believers.

But perhaps we should talk about a different prophecy? The one I referenced where Jesus's death was predicted for (from memory) April 4, 29 AD? That's a hot topic or it should be--it could be a smoking gun for trusting Jesus for salvation.

If you can't see (or don't want to see) how Jeffrey and Missler manipulated dates, numbers, and passages--I don't think there is anything else I could possibly tell you.

Ditto for your obstructionism, which is why I challenged you to look at the Daniel prophecy that Messiah would die for sin in 29 AD!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2015, 01:31 PM
(28-07-2015 01:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If you can't see (or don't want to see) how Jeffrey and Missler manipulated dates, numbers, and passages--I don't think there is anything else I could possibly tell you.

Ditto for your obstructionism, which is why I challenged you to look at the Daniel prophecy that Messiah would die for sin in 29 AD!

I know about that prophecy from my Christian days. After leaving Christianity, I did a lot of research. Daniel does not predict Jesus. I posted something awhile back discounting Christianity's claim that Daniel predicted Jesus. It's very thorough, I can post it again if you like.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2015, 05:43 PM
(28-07-2015 01:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  No, of course not and I wouldn't want to be. I like imperfections. It makes life interesting.

I know you are going to pull out the Jesus card now. Big Grin He wasn't exactly perfect either and was capable of human emotions as evidenced by several passages.

Imperfections do make life interesting. They also would make a utopia a dystopia. If I'm hurting or upsetting you in Heaven--ever--it isn't Heaven. Only perfect people may go to Heaven.
Then it's empty as well as being fiction.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
28-07-2015, 08:28 PM
If only perfect people go to heaven then the xonsept held in Buddhism that we repeat earthly life until we learn the truth would have to be right.

Haven't really looked that way too much, yet. Does anyone feel that this consept is feasible?
28-07-2015, 08:30 PM
(28-07-2015 08:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If only perfect people go to heaven then the xonsept held in Buddhism that we repeat earthly life until we learn the truth would have to be right.

Haven't really looked that way too much, yet. Does anyone feel that this consept is feasible?

No.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-07-2015, 08:35 PM
(27-07-2015 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 05:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The pain and suffering of Adam and Eve and everyone after them was, and is a depiction of our responsability as heirs to the throne of earth. The carastrophe and desease and natural disasters are all in relation to the dire situation that we are not only responsable for, but that we have been blessed with. The same reason we had to sacrifice the most fit and pure of hooved animals for our sins. They were innocent and the best of herds so that it would actually slow down the evolution process. It was to show us that we had the capacity for horror. And make us aware that it is up to us to make conscious effort for better. All negativity in this world is due to our lack of unified conciousness with the rest of creation.

Everything that has happened up to this point was a desperate message that has been hidden, and slaughtered, and wholly distorted.

You sound like Deepak Chopra dry humping Pope Francis while Shirley MacLaine sucks on your balls.

This nearly left me with a severe case of doo doo pants.
28-07-2015, 08:43 PM
(28-07-2015 08:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If only perfect people go to heaven then the xonsept held in Buddhism that we repeat earthly life until we learn the truth would have to be right.

Wait I thought you know? It's almost like you are making your shit up as you go and don't actually have any special information. Weird.

Also to answer your question: No. When you die you are dead, end of story.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-07-2015, 08:58 PM
(27-07-2015 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You sound like Deepak Chopra dry humping Pope Francis while Shirley MacLaine sucks on your balls.

Well now ... that is a very interesting visual. The only thing missing is Benny Hinn calling the play-by-play, preacher style.

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
28-07-2015, 09:12 PM

That's about as feasible as any other reincarnation mythos.

That is to say, not at all, in case you needed help with catching my drift.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-07-2015, 09:43 PM
I guess ignorance isn't bliss after all.