Personal heroes that have insane or annoying beliefs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Star Personal heroes that have insane or annoying beliefs.
Do any of you have a hero, or a sort of role model, that you respect but acknowledge that they have an insane belief or annoying trait about them that you wish didn't exist? If so, who are they and what don't you like about them?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 04:57 AM
RE: Personal heroes that have insane or annoying beliefs.
Yes... so many blues legends are heroes to me, I doubt I could respect and love them more than I do, but most seem to be/have been Jesus freaks. Tongue

BB King has quite a few songs about JC and God 'n' stuff... but I try to ignore it, because it is such a tiny amount compared to the rest of his songs.

Now, Buddy Guy is my favourite guitarist of all time... to me, it doesn't get any greater than him. He is the top of the list to me, but on his last album, Living Proof, the title track is about him being living proof of a God... or at least that is what it seems like to me. Still a fantastic song though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
22-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Everyone has either stupid beliefs or annoying traits or both. hero or not, that's human.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Nope.

Brain has a rather good belief system actually, mirrors my own.
In fact his whole life mirrors my own.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I have an immense respect our founding fathers, even if they thought it was logical to believe in a deity.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
22-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Not a hero but someone who deserves my respect.

Richard Dawkins. Smart guy, at the forefront of the religious debates. Might have heard of him.

Comes off as a dick.

Or another man that comes to mind that did something tremendously annoying.

Douglas Adams. Wrote some fantastically humourous books that had some extremely interesting topics hidden within. But then he decided to be a jerk and die.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
22-12-2012, 12:46 PM
(22-12-2012 12:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Not a hero but someone who deserves my respect.

Richard Dawkins. Smart guy, at the forefront of the religious debates. Might have heard of him.

Comes off as a dick.

Or another man that comes to mind that did something tremendously annoying.

Douglas Adams. Wrote some fantastically humourous books that had some extremely interesting topics hidden within. But then he decided to be a jerk and die.
Why am I not on the list of well-respected people, you mother fucker. Dodgy

Poonjab
22-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I am one of those that believes strongly that respect needs to be earned not given out willy nilly. Too many people walk around with the attitude of deserved respect without having done anything. Then they get mad at me for not giving them any.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-12-2012, 01:42 PM
(22-12-2012 12:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I am one of those that believes strongly that respect needs to be earned not given out willy nilly. Too many people walk around with the attitude of deserved respect without having done anything. Then they get mad at me for not giving them any.
I am not asking you to respect Willy Nilly. I am asking you to respect me. Dodgy

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-12-2012, 01:56 PM
(22-12-2012 12:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have an immense respect our founding fathers, even if they thought it was logical to believe in a deity.
Not all of them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which is more annoying, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses? Bible Belt Brawler 34 537 03-05-2014 09:37 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Raptor Jesus Makes you Comic Book Heroes! Raptor Jesus 117 1,757 09-04-2014 01:37 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Villains are always genius rebels and Heroes are short sighted cops Buddy Christ 24 780 14-01-2013 11:44 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Facebook prayer requests make me insane! socken 3 558 04-09-2012 08:16 AM
Last Post: Seasbury
  Is Houseofcantor insane? ElectricEthan 23 1,084 10-02-2012 12:13 AM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Personal Note from Pastor Rick Warren Erxomai 4 501 28-12-2011 05:44 AM
Last Post: Erxomai