Personal relationship with Jesus???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Some catholic friends of mine are talling me that I should pray to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit and even ask them for a sign..

Well Ive prayed to the Holy Spirit before and nothing really happened......and they say that God is our Heavenly Father....but I really dont and and cannot believe that either......
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Personal relationship with Jesus???
Can I be brutally honest with you ? Looking at your previous posts its very obvious that you are hugely conflicted regarding religion... Please just chill the heck out !
There is no one right or wrong answer do things in your own time think for yourself and stop tying yourself up in knots and come to a conclusion that satisfies you.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
04-11-2016, 12:49 PM
http://www.christianitydisproved.com/

Another one linked, Shai! Tongue
04-11-2016, 12:50 PM
You know Jason, people of other religions also have a personal relationship with their god too. The "personal relationship" catchphrase is something Christians use to make Christianity something special and different from other beliefs. But if you were to ask a Hindu or Buddhist...."do you have a personal or impersonal relationship with your god" I'd bet most would claim a very personal, close, even intimate relationship with their god. That's what belief in a deity is all about.

And I agree with adey67, don't twist yourself all up in a knot. Can you involve yourself in a hobby or some other activity? Sometimes hobbies clear your mind.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Then again -- you have to look at what these jokers consider a "personal relationship"....

They've never seen the guy, never talked to him face to face - or for that matter - even talked to him on the telephone. They don't know his eye color, his hair color, his height, weight, or if he needs glasses. They don't know his favorite meal, favorite place to go on vacation or even if he's ever had a pet.

When it comes right down to it -- these morons who have a "personal relationship with Jesus" know less about the guy than some 12 year old punk knows about his internet girlfriend.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-11-2016, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 01:22 PM by bemore.)

The 'personal relationship' is the last card remaining that the theists in your life can throw your way, attempting to convince you to stay in their club/gang.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
04-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Yeah. I remember hearing a lot of that back in my Catholic days. I always felt left out. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I felt left out so much I started saying it just so I would be more accepted in the circle. I would look for moments that I might be able to attribute to some sort of sign. These moments, were never constant.

I'd be willing to bet when pressed the moments that your "friends" say are signs of Jesus. Could be attributed to regular everyday events.

In the movie Religulous, Bill Maher talks with a guy that said he got a sign from Jesus. If I remember right it was a member of the Jews for Jesus.

He was at a party, and one of his pastor friends told him to call Jesus. So he call Jesus's name and put his cup he had in his hand outside a wind, and it began to rain.

Bill Maher laughed and said you take that as a miricale? It rains all the time!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
04-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Watch this video Smile Their personal "relationship" with Jesus is no different than having a personal relationship with a bag of Cheetos.

04-11-2016, 02:19 PM
(04-11-2016 12:09 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Some catholic friends of mine are talling me that I should pray to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit and even ask them for a sign..

Well Ive prayed to the Holy Spirit before and nothing really happened......and they say that God is our Heavenly Father....but I really dont and and cannot believe that either......
The funny thing about that personal relationship with God is it's totally one-sided. Have you noticed that, as soon as you begin to lose faith and ask for God's help to get it back, he's suddenly nowhere to be found? I guess that personal relationship isn't very important to God. Consider

Then again, why would it be? He doesn't exist and that's the real explanation for why you get no help.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
04-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Believers personal relationship with Jesus is just like mine with Katy Perry - imagined.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post