Personal relationship with Jesus???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Personal relationship with Jesus???
(04-11-2016 12:09 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Some catholic friends of mine are talling me that I should pray to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit and even ask them for a sign..

Well Ive prayed to the Holy Spirit before and nothing really happened......and they say that God is our Heavenly Father....but I really dont and and cannot believe that either......

Ask them for a sign? I thought it was bad to test God. Not to mention that this opens the door wide to confirmation bias, if one wants to believe something then anything that happens could be a "sign".

I'd say to them that the fact that no one has been able to prove the existence of any god and the lack of proof has gone on for centuries, is a pretty strong sign that there are no gods.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
04-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Let my hero Larry David explain.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
05-11-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 07:18 AM by jason197754.)
Thats why those words.....personal relationship....never made any sense to me.....
05-11-2016, 07:16 AM
(05-11-2016 07:13 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Thats why those words.....persobal relationship....never made any sense to me.....

Laugh out load
The typo gave that a whole new meaning
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-11-2016, 04:08 PM
(04-11-2016 12:09 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Some catholic friends of mine are talling me that I should pray to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit and even ask them for a sign..

Well Ive prayed to the Holy Spirit before and nothing really happened...

I'd take that as a sign.

As others have said, don't twist yourself up over this. The labels don't matter and neither do the beliefs. Catholic, atheist or satantist, it's all unimportant. What matters at the end of the day is whether you're a decent person and happy with yourself.

Your friends need to stop pressuring you too. If they care more about your friendship that whether or not you're in their club then they'll support you through this rough time and pray for you quietly in privacy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
05-11-2016, 05:35 PM
(04-11-2016 04:01 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Believers personal relationship with Jesus is just like mine with Katy Perry - imagined.

Because she is all MINE!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
05-11-2016, 05:53 PM
I have a personal relationship with my cat, Cleo. The difference is that my cat is real!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-11-2016, 05:02 AM
(04-11-2016 04:01 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Believers personal relationship with Jesus is just like mine with Katy Perry - imagined.

So - how is she in the sack???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-11-2016, 05:12 AM
(06-11-2016 05:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Big Grin

Pretty good, I'd imagine. Consider

[Image: katy_perry_bouncing_boobs_gif.gif]

I never cared for her music, but there is no denying she is quite attractive.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-11-2016, 06:14 AM
(06-11-2016 05:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Big Grin

Ask Russell Brand Big Grin