Personal relationship with Jesus shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Personal relationship with Jesus shit
I have heard many say that they have a relationship with Jesus; I don't think I've heard one say they have one with his excrement... do they sell bits of that along with "pieces of the true cross" and other religious tchotchkes?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 04:42 PM
(11-08-2016 04:31 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I have heard many say that they have a relationship with Jesus; I don't think I've heard one say they have one with his excrement... do they sell bits of that along with "pieces of the true cross" and other religious tchotchkes?

No, toasted cheese sandwiches.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2016, 04:45 PM
I never even had an imaginary friend, so I really never got how this situation worked.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I have a personal relationship with my past life self the supreme god Chuck Norris.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
11-08-2016, 04:50 PM
(11-08-2016 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm a lifelong atheist so this is something I just don't get... this personal relationship nonsense. I'm sure Buddhists have a personal relationship with Buddha, Hindus are rapturious when discussing Lord Shiva. My sister in law is an Native American and she has a personal relationship with her invisible mountain spirits and anyone who tells her otherwise gets the evil eye.

Do Christians think they have the corner market on relationships, especially personal relationships, with a god? What arrogance.

I've come to think this is a process where a believer creates an avatar of perfection in their mind and calls this god. They have a relationship with this personal image of perfection, every time they do something that doesn't measure up to their avatar of perfection they label it "sin" or "falling short" or their "sin nature".

This is what this relationship is, a constant struggle of trying to match their avatar of perfection and constantly coming up short and constantly going through emotions of guilt, forgiveness, etc. for not matching the avatar of perfection.

It's quite a perverse game they are playing with their own mental concept of perfection.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Using my Freudian spider sense, I have determined that if Christians are having a personal relationship with Jesus then all Christians who make this claim are disgusting necrophiliacs who dug up his corpse from somewhere.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage
11-08-2016, 05:23 PM
(11-08-2016 05:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Using my Freudian spider sense, I have determined that if Christians are having a personal relationship with Jesus then all Christians who make this claim are disgusting necrophiliacs who dug up his corpse from somewhere.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

NOTE: The above is, I believe a tactic used to throw us off.

I don't buy it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2016, 05:26 PM
(11-08-2016 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm a lifelong atheist so this is something I just don't get... this personal relationship nonsense. I'm sure Buddhists have a personal relationship with Buddha, Hindus are rapturious when discussing Lord Shiva. My sister in law is an Native American and she has a personal relationship with her invisible mountain spirits and anyone who tells her otherwise gets the evil eye.

Do Christians think they have the corner market on relationships, especially personal relationships, with a god? What arrogance.

My personal relationship is with Loki, a half brother of the better known Thor. He is the joker God in that family as I am in my family. I respect and worship Loki.
11-08-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 05:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-08-2016 03:42 PM)izel Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 03:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's been married over 30 years. Get thee behind me succubus.

You broke my heart girly No

so sad ... so very very sad ... it's not you, it's me.

#sigh
11-08-2016, 06:00 PM
(11-08-2016 05:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 05:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Using my Freudian spider sense, I have determined that if Christians are having a personal relationship with Jesus then all Christians who make this claim are disgusting necrophiliacs who dug up his corpse from somewhere.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

NOTE: The above is, I believe a tactic used to throw us off.

I don't buy it.

It's a conspiracy!

You're really fucked now ...