Perspective on quality of life and NASA.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
It is estimated that 10 million of the richest people on this earth have around 31 trillion dollars in “Off shore accounts” That money is not doing anything for anybody. Most of those wealthy people come from wealthy families and a majority are psychopaths. (Remember that being a psychopath means you lack empathy with other humans. This does not necessarily mean that they are violent.) These people are not much different from hoarders either. We are just using an economic system that is about 6000 years old and needs to address the issue of allowing psychopaths to run a muck with the current economic system.
The United States “defense” budget for just 2012 alone currently and this is just for the DOD is around upwards of 700 billion dollars. A large percentage of the equipment used by the military is cheap or does not work. The total NASA budget from 1958 to 2011 is around 500 billion. Our military could function more than fine with half the money. Again because I want to be clear, politicians do not care one bit about the soldiers. They care about weapons and equipment that is all. In the news recently I keep hearing about Curiosity one's mission to Mars. This is fantastic news the problem is the news seems to love to tell everyone how much it costs. (Around 2.5 billion by the way.) Good luck trying to get actual figures on the total cost of the f-22 project they estimate 65 billion just to fix the thing, because it kills the pilots.
I hear lots of people complaining about social issues that is a matter of them prying into everyone else business. We have the DEA shit heads who continually brag about how much marijuana they get in bust, mainly in states where it is legal for medical use or decriminalized. (Amazing fucking detective work for those assholes. They deserve zero respect, period.) In California a number of shops are forced to close. So instead of making money and providing to the economy they are now empty buildings doing nothing but rotting. The idiots say there are “Too many” Medical Marijuana shops. Shouldn't that tell you that maybe people want it? Maybe there is many because there is a need for the product. 7.25 is the minimum wage and if you draw a line from the 60s to present day it should be at around 25.00. And this does not change the cost of anything. It just pays people better wages for hard work.
A scientific calculator can be purchased for around 20 dollars. A slip cover for your phone costs 30 dollars. The slip cover also costs pennies to make. Companies have been making a killing financially for years for just a few select people. They are destroying our ability to live on this planet. The top oil company makes 10 million dollars a day. We have had technology for decades on more efficient cars. (Look up turbine engines and they are in use today in our tanks. They can run off of almost anything.) And the oil companies can't seem to figure out how to make an investment in alternative fuel and electric vehicles? All the resources are there for us as humans to explore our universe, inner and outer space. We could have colonies on mars right now. We could learn so much more and have undreamed of technology.
We could be and do so much more than we are doing right now. And why are we not? Because a few of the worlds populations have mental disorders and compound them by isolating themselves. Religious and superstitious population that spends its time waiting to die and creating self fulfilling prophecies to insure it happens whether it is intentional or not. They also cause so much harm to other people by keeping them stuck in poverty, because they make up some sense of privilege from their “holy texts”, which when examined in any critical way would tell you right off the bat that it is full of nothing. They have historical value only and not a guide on how to live your life. The fact is that all of this is not necessary. Our sense of worth is only limited by our knowledge. We can not afford to accept living this way because a small portion of our population is mental. It needs to stop and we all need to wake up. Fact the more you learn the smarter you get. There is no reason why we can't.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LabMonster13's post
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
So what's the plan?
We could organise a revolution for 5 years, 2 months from now. That would be a fitting homage.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
(03-08-2012 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So what's the plan?
We could organise a revolution for 5 years, 2 months from now. That would be a fitting homage.

When me and my brother where taking Econ together at University some 30 years ago now, we had a similar discussion regarding trickle-down economics.

GM: So what's your take on this trickle-down economics, Bill?
BrotherMan: They should call it tinkle-down economics 'cause it's just the rich pissing on the poor while calling it the nectar of the gods.
GM: So what's the plan?
BrotherMan: Share the wealth. Eat the rich.

BrotherMan went on to become an Executive Vice President in charge of Actuaries for MetLife in Japan. I asked him recently if he recalled our conversation. "Oh yes my scrotally challenged brother, I recall it quite clearly. I was naive when I said that. Didn't figure on them going to next level and shitting on the poor while calling it manna from heaven. My bad."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
The only question is, are you willing to get your hands dirty... if the answer is no, shut yer hole.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
(03-08-2012 03:26 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  It is estimated that 10 million of the richest people on this earth have around 31 trillion dollars in “Off shore accounts” That money is not doing anything for anybody.

An "off shore account" is a bank account. Money in banks gets invested by the bank, and allows millions of other people to "borrow" the money and build homes and businesses, or get a school loan. Those homes and businesses drive jobs for millions of other people.

If wealthy people didn't have money in banks, there wouldn't be any money for others to borrow and get ahead. To say "that money is not doing anything for anybody" completely ignores the way that the money is being used by the borrowers, by the bank, and earning interest for the account holders.
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
04-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Well HoC there isn't really anything that WE "normal people" can do. We don't have the needed influence really.
Demonstrating? Come on? Remember the Wallstreet Demonstrations last year? I remember them, the rich ones standing on the balcony with their coctails and shaking their heads without understanding what's going on while people where furious on the street.
"Get your hands dirty" with pleasure, have an idea what to do, tell us.

@LabMonster: I understand your frustration, just it doesn't change anything. Unless you have many many *sane* people with influence in the governments everywhere, nothing is gonna change. Problem is, people can seem completely sane and good, the moment they get a bit of power and money on their hands, they seem to lose capability to think in prospective.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
04-08-2012, 03:45 AM
(03-08-2012 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So what's the plan?

Starting by actually talking about the issues is a good start.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
04-08-2012, 03:46 AM
(03-08-2012 05:27 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The only question is, are you willing to get your hands dirty... if the answer is no, shut yer hole.

A little on the hostile side is it not?

04-08-2012, 03:49 AM
(04-08-2012 01:20 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 03:26 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  It is estimated that 10 million of the richest people on this earth have around 31 trillion dollars in “Off shore accounts” That money is not doing anything for anybody.

An "off shore account" is a bank account. Money in banks gets invested by the bank, and allows millions of other people to "borrow" the money and build homes and businesses, or get a school loan. Those homes and businesses drive jobs for millions of other people.

If wealthy people didn't have money in banks, there wouldn't be any money for others to borrow and get ahead. To say "that money is not doing anything for anybody" completely ignores the way that the money is being used by the borrowers, by the bank, and earning interest for the account holders.

Wrong. Off shore accounts do not go into the general economy. Nice to see corporate media is still doing a fine job.

[+] 2 users Like LabMonster13's post
04-08-2012, 03:58 AM
(04-08-2012 01:21 AM)Leela Wrote:  Well HoC there isn't really anything that WE "normal people" can do. We don't have the needed influence really.
Demonstrating? Come on? Remember the Wallstreet Demonstrations last year? I remember them, the rich ones standing on the balcony with their coctails and shaking their heads without understanding what's going on while people where furious on the street.
"Get your hands dirty" with pleasure, have an idea what to do, tell us.

@LabMonster: I understand your frustration, just it doesn't change anything. Unless you have many many *sane* people with influence in the governments everywhere, nothing is gonna change. Problem is, people can seem completely sane and good, the moment they get a bit of power and money on their hands, they seem to lose capability to think in prospective.

I have to disagree not discussing the issues is one of the biggest problems. The only way things change is if we talk and learn about it. Share information and work together. Though admittedly from the responses I get for forward thinking . . . I just don't know anymore. Does everyone really prefer to be miserable and afraid?