Perspective on quality of life and NASA.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
RE: Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
(04-08-2012 04:28 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Although I agree with you for the most part, I don't see how we can change anything at the current situation. They own so much money that they do not need to care about anyone else. What are you going to do? Organize peaceful demonstrations? Recent history has shown how well that works out: violent opression by the police, ignoring the complaints of those demonstrating, etc.

Open the discussion for one thing. Far too many people have been getting bad or misleading information. These conversations are like throwing rocks into a pond. Yes I understand that the demonstrations and what not has been suppressed. However, I do think that if we get people at least on the same page information wise, we at least have a chance. Like I said it is important to have the conversations to change the dialog in this world and offer better solutions. As far as changing broken minds, they should be made aware that they can not survive themselves by continuing their actions. They have strong survival instincts they just do not understand evolution very well, they seem to be confusing it with eugenics.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 10:58 AM
(04-08-2012 06:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 03:46 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  A little on the hostile side is it not?

[Image: dav_marat.jpg]

That's about what I see. Collapse, revolution, death. Buncha words just adding to ACC, imo. Everybody wants to walk around with blinders on, eyes forward, on a slice of american pie. To shift the imbalance, the bitch goddess liberty demands a blood sacrifice. No use lying about it. :/

I disagree. Humans became the top of the food chain by working together

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
(04-08-2012 06:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 04:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How much have you donated to charity in your life time?
I bet it isn't 28billion dollars, because that's how much Bill Gates has donated.
Sorry for the nit-picking, but Bill Gates does not represent the majority of rich people. Smartass

Yes at least there are a few people that can figure out what I am talking about without me having to walk them threw the whole thing. I never said all rich people, I was referring to the ones that are causing the problems. Anyways . . .

04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
(04-08-2012 06:33 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 03:26 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  It is estimated that 10 million...

I think that I mostly agree with you... but I had to skim-read most of your post. It brought out my inner English Teacher. Feel free to tell me to fuck right off... but if you paragraph your thoughts in a slightly more constructed way, with a more liberal application of punctuation... it will be a whole lot easier to read.

I'm overly-fond of ellipses, meself... Shy

No you are correct. Sorry if I had the time to edit I would. I am mainly focused on getting the info out there. If I stopped to try and correct everything I write, it just wouldn't come out of my head. Sorry. D:

04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
(04-08-2012 07:45 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 03:49 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  Wrong. Off shore accounts do not go into the general economy.

You're confusing the assets and the taxes paid on gains made with the assets. An "off shore account" is just a bank account held in another country. If someone in the UK keeps their money in a US bank, that's an "off shore account."

To pay you interest on the money in the account, the bank has to use the money to make a higher interest. They'll invest it in whatever economy they see fit. For example, many Chinese banks chose/choose to invest their money in US-backed mortgages.

The interest made in your "off shore account" is taxed, and those tax revenues may or may not go back to the "general economy" where the account-holder lives.

I am referring to off shore tax havens. For instance in panama there is at least 2 trillion dollars of the bail out money being stored there right now. That money is doing nothing. The point is that they have rigged the system in their favor. All of them have made record profits for what?

04-08-2012, 11:24 AM
(04-08-2012 07:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 03:26 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  It is estimated that 10 million of the richest people on this earth have around 31 trillion dollars in “Off shore accounts” That money is not doing anything for anybody. Most of those wealthy people come from wealthy families and a majority are psychopaths. (Remember that being a psychopath means you lack empathy with other humans. This does not necessarily mean that they are violent.) These people are not much different from hoarders either. We are just using an economic system that is about 6000 years old and needs to address the issue of allowing psychopaths to run a muck with the current economic system.
The United States “defense” budget for just 2012 alone currently and this is just for the DOD is around upwards of 700 billion dollars. A large percentage of the equipment used by the military is cheap or does not work. The total NASA budget from 1958 to 2011 is around 500 billion. Our military could function more than fine with half the money. Again because I want to be clear, politicians do not care one bit about the soldiers. They care about weapons and equipment that is all. In the news recently I keep hearing about Curiosity one's mission to Mars. This is fantastic news the problem is the news seems to love to tell everyone how much it costs. (Around 2.5 billion by the way.) Good luck trying to get actual figures on the total cost of the f-22 project they estimate 65 billion just to fix the thing, because it kills the pilots.
I hear lots of people complaining about social issues that is a matter of them prying into everyone else business. We have the DEA shit heads who continually brag about how much marijuana they get in bust, mainly in states where it is legal for medical use or decriminalized. (Amazing fucking detective work for those assholes. They deserve zero respect, period.) In California a number of shops are forced to close. So instead of making money and providing to the economy they are now empty buildings doing nothing but rotting. The idiots say there are “Too many” Medical Marijuana shops. Shouldn't that tell you that maybe people want it? Maybe there is many because there is a need for the product. 7.25 is the minimum wage and if you draw a line from the 60s to present day it should be at around 25.00. And this does not change the cost of anything. It just pays people better wages for hard work.
A scientific calculator can be purchased for around 20 dollars. A slip cover for your phone costs 30 dollars. The slip cover also costs pennies to make. Companies have been making a killing financially for years for just a few select people. They are destroying our ability to live on this planet. The top oil company makes 10 million dollars a day. We have had technology for decades on more efficient cars. (Look up turbine engines and they are in use today in our tanks. They can run off of almost anything.) And the oil companies can't seem to figure out how to make an investment in alternative fuel and electric vehicles? All the resources are there for us as humans to explore our universe, inner and outer space. We could have colonies on mars right now. We could learn so much more and have undreamed of technology.
We could be and do so much more than we are doing right now. And why are we not? Because a few of the worlds populations have mental disorders and compound them by isolating themselves. Religious and superstitious population that spends its time waiting to die and creating self fulfilling prophecies to insure it happens whether it is intentional or not. They also cause so much harm to other people by keeping them stuck in poverty, because they make up some sense of privilege from their “holy texts”, which when examined in any critical way would tell you right off the bat that it is full of nothing. They have historical value only and not a guide on how to live your life. The fact is that all of this is not necessary. Our sense of worth is only limited by our knowledge. We can not afford to accept living this way because a small portion of our population is mental. It needs to stop and we all need to wake up. Fact the more you learn the smarter you get. There is no reason why we can't.

There are already threads for "Ranting", and for "Generizations".

And that is why mine is in this part of the forum. I happen to think that a lot of people miss a lot of information being stuck on certain issues. I am trying to go beyond that. Also if you don't like it or think it is a waste of your time. Then please by all means don't read my posts.

04-08-2012, 12:34 PM
(04-08-2012 10:58 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 06:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: dav_marat.jpg]

That's about what I see. Collapse, revolution, death. Buncha words just adding to ACC, imo. Everybody wants to walk around with blinders on, eyes forward, on a slice of american pie. To shift the imbalance, the bitch goddess liberty demands a blood sacrifice. No use lying about it. :/

I disagree. Humans became the top of the food chain by working together

While also being our own natural predator. Still trending towards consumptive consumerism. To change that inertia, a blood price must be paid. I mean, I'm also a long thinker, but the way I see it is technocratic anarchy, and I don't see that being feasible nor palatable in the near view.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 12:49 PM
(04-08-2012 12:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 10:58 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  I disagree. Humans became the top of the food chain by working together

While also being our own natural predator. Still trending towards consumptive consumerism. To change that inertia, a blood price must be paid. I mean, I'm also a long thinker, but the way I see it is technocratic anarchy, and I don't see that being feasible nor palatable in the near view.

Waiting till the last minute phenomenon does seem to be a trait our species tends to use often. You may be right in the end, however, I see no reason not to try. I do see a possibility for people to change through education. The people coming from religious backgrounds and becoming atheists is a perfect example of education changing peoples points of view. So just with that fact it is possible. It may not be likely, but it is possible. I think just realizing that can begin to change things. Keep in mind that for the most part people became atheists thru education and no “blood price” paid.

04-08-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.alternet.org/economy/3-big-li...page=0%2C0 A link for those that think that most of the richest people have your best interest in mind.

04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
So you obviously select only what you wanna hear.
Quote one thing and say "yes yes this right" even though I had just proved it not right like two posts later.

You sir are jealous and are a radical who will achieve nothing.
If you worked this hard on actually making something of yourself and less worrying about what others have you might actually have achieved something worth while by now.

So please by all means continue on your diluted 'crusade' to a 'fair equal' society where everything is baby-spoon fed to you on a plate because you're to worthless to get off your ass and do it yourself.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.