Perspective on quality of life and NASA.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
(04-08-2012 04:50 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  http://www.alternet.org/economy/3-big-li...page=0%2C0 A link for those that think that most of the richest people have your best interest in mind.

To think that anyone has anything but their own best interest in mind is irrational.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 08:39 PM
(04-08-2012 11:20 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  I am referring to off shore tax havens.

The phrase "off shore tax haven" refers to an off shore account in a nation with favorable tax rates. It's still a bank account.

(04-08-2012 11:20 AM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  For instance in panama there is at least 2 trillion dollars of the bail out money being stored there right now. That money is doing nothing.

I'd like to see your source on this, but if someone's got 2 trillion dollars, it's not just sitting in a warehouse. It's in a bank account or invested in securities of some type, where someone else is using the money to do something.

But even if it is sitting in a warehouse, if the money belongs to someone, it's theirs, by rights of ownership they can do whatever they want with it.

What is your real beef with the wealthy?
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Jeff, this is a simple case of "I'm poor he should be poor too" jealousy attitude.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
For the people that care about the planet and doing something better for the world and not to try and be bullies or trolls whom seem to make a lot of assumptions. I understand the reasons behind it I truly do. I love when "atheists" act like their religious counter parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2QDpGRQKc

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
04-08-2012, 10:46 PM
(04-08-2012 08:39 PM)Jeff Wrote:  But even if it is sitting in a warehouse, if the money belongs to someone, it's theirs, by rights of ownership they can do whatever they want with it.

"Hello, sir? Yes. This is the police. We're calling about the burglary you reported last week. Yes. We've traced it to a burglar that we're familiar with. Your TV, Xbox, iPhone, iPad and laptop... he still has them. What? No. I'm sorry, but you can't get them back. They're sitting in his apartment, if they belong to anyone, it's him. By rights of ownership, he can do whatever he wants with them."

Just saying... that was a rather blinkered approach to wealth distribution. Rolleyes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
05-08-2012, 01:10 AM
(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 06:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Sorry for the nit-picking, but Bill Gates does not represent the majority of rich people. Smartass
Sure he does.
96% of millionaires donate to charity.
Are you referring to this? Drinking Beverage

(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or how about "The Giving Pledge" where billionaires pledge to give half their wealth to charity when they die.
ma·jor·i·ty
the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority),

So you're saying that 51% of the world's billionaires donated 28 billion dollar within their lifetime? Consider Because that's what we were talking about.

(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How much does anyone here donate to charity each year? How much does the OP?
I guarantee millionaires, billionaires and major corporations all donated much more.

[Image: f4Pbw.png?3152]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
05-08-2012, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 02:17 AM by earmuffs.)
(05-08-2012 01:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure he does.
96% of millionaires donate to charity.
Are you referring to this? Drinking Beverage

(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or how about "The Giving Pledge" where billionaires pledge to give half their wealth to charity when they die.
ma·jor·i·ty
the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority),

So you're saying that 51% of the world's billionaires donated 28 billion dollar within their lifetime? Consider Because that's what we were talking about.

(04-08-2012 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How much does anyone here donate to charity each year? How much does the OP?
I guarantee millionaires, billionaires and major corporations all donated much more.

[Image: f4Pbw.png?3152]

Did you actually read the article or just look at the title?

I'm saying, you and the OP are going on about how awful rich people are yet I am giving you examples of things such as the giving pledge (which is at 81 pledges by the way, which you can imagine how much money that is), and Bill Gates and his spending. You talk about "all rich people are psycopathic who don't care for anybody but themselves", well obviously I've proved you wrong.
Plus I think anyone would agree that 96% is a majority there Vosur. It's worth noting that the general public are at 66% according to that same article...

Yes I do say. Which is my point, "they're evil, down with rich people they don't do anything good for this world!!!". Well they have done more good then you or I, so quite frankly, STFU.

Quote:"Hello, sir? Yes. This is the police. We're calling about the burglary you reported last week. Yes. We've traced it to a burglar that we're familiar with. Your TV, Xbox, iPhone, iPad and laptop... he still has them. What? No. I'm sorry, but you can't get them back. They're sitting in his apartment, if they belong to anyone, it's him. By rights of ownership, he can do whatever he wants with them."

Just saying... that was a rather blinkered approach to wealth distribution. Rolleyes

No that doesn't work.
Those are stolen goods, the money we are talking about is not stolen money. Those people earned that one way or another either through stock markets or job or whatever/however. It's theirs. You're example is stolen.

This is why I hate the economically left because they constantly feel entitled to everything.

Quote: For the people that care about the planet and doing something better for the world and not to try and be bullies or trolls whom seem to make a lot of assumptions. I understand the reasons behind it I truly do. I love when "atheists" act like their religious counter parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2QDpGRQKc

Oi, exits that way -----------> kindly gtfo the forum, you don't know shit.

We have refuted everything you have said yet you continue to ignore it and suckle up to those that you agree with.
Stand up, grow a pair of balls and argue your god damn pointless case you p.o.s.

05-08-2012, 02:45 AM
(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No that doesn't work.
Those are stolen goods, the money we are talking about is not stolen money. Those people earned that one way or another either through stock markets or job or whatever/however. It's theirs. You're example is stolen.

It was a direct reply to a directly confined statement, which didn't cover whether or not the goods were stolen.

(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why I hate the economically left because they constantly feel entitled to everything.

You're talking about me? I certainly don't feel that I'm entitled to everything. Bad conclusion from insufficient evidence... but thanks for playing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 02:59 AM
(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Did you actually read the article or just look at the title?
The source I quoted states that 96% of U.S. millionaires donate their money for good causes. You do know that there are millionaires outside out of the USA, do you?

(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm saying, you and the OP are going on about how awful rich people are yet I am giving you examples of things such as the giving pledge (which is at 81 pledges by the way, which you can imagine how much money that is), and Bill Gates and his spending. You talk about "all rich people are psycopathic who don't care for anybody but themselves", well obviously I've proved you wrong.
Neither did I say that rich people are awful, nor did I say that rich people are psychopaths and don't care for anybody but themselves.

(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes I do say. Which is my point, "they're evil, down with rich people they don't do anything good for this world!!!". Well they have done more good then you or I, so quite frankly, STFU.
I didn't say that rich people are evil and never do anything good for this world, I said that Bill Gates (who donated 28 billion dollar) does not represent the majority of his class.

(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Plus I think anyone would agree that 96% is a majority there Vosur. It's worth noting that the general public are at 66% according to that same article..
First of all, the article is still talking about 96% of the U.S. millionaires. Second of all, I was talking about the majority of billionaires, not the majority of millionaires. Do me a favour and read the sources presented to you before accusing me of not doing it.

Furthermore, this is a public forum and you're as much of a normal member as I am. Who gives you the right to shut me up by telling me to shut the fuck up? So far your replies have offered nothing but strawman arguments and a stretched ad hominem.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-08-2012, 03:44 AM
(05-08-2012 02:45 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No that doesn't work.

It was a direct reply to a directly confined statement, which didn't cover whether or not the goods were stolen.

(05-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why I hate the economically left because they constantly feel entitled to everything.

You're talking about me? I certainly don't feel that I'm entitled to everything. Bad conclusion from insufficient evidence... but thanks for playing.

Nitpicking again.
What is with people on this forum and constant nitpicking.
It was well implied that the goods (money) was not stolen.

I'm talking mostly about the OP, but the economically left in general yes.
It isn't a bad conclusion. The economically left tend to be poorer people and they tend to have a sort of communist thinking that wealth should be evenly distributed.
One can add in personal experiences, pretty much any economical thread from this forum, media etc.. and you can safely come to the conclusion that economically left people are annoyed that someone has more then them and they feel that they should have more then what they currently do because of it.
Like Thatcher said, they would rather the poorer be poorer if it meant that the richer were less rich.

Quote:The source I quoted states that 96% of U.S. millionaires donate their money for good causes. You do know that there are millionaires outside out of the USA, do you?

Sure but the point (which you are missing) still stands.

Quote:Neither did I say that rich people are awful, nor did I say that rich people are psychopaths and don't care for anybody but themselves.

sure you did. Post #12, go read it.

Quote:First of all, the article is still talking about 96% of the U.S. millionaires. Second of all, I was talking about the majority of billionaires, not the majority of millionaires. Do me a favour and read the sources presented to you before accusing me of not doing it.

Nitpicking again.
The overall conversation was about rich people. Millionaires are considered rich people.
96% of millionaires give to charity. Thus 96% are not evil and don't "only care for themselves".
Plus I would bet that most billionaires donate money.

Quote:Furthermore, this is a public forum and you're as much of a normal member as I am. Who gives you the right to shut me up by telling me to shut the fuck up? So far your replies have offered nothing but strawman arguments and a stretched ad hominem.

Ok if you're going to be nitpicky so am I.
I was referring to stfu about rich people being evil (your words not mine).
And what gives me that right? Well the fact that I have proved that 96% give to charity which in itself is not an evil act.
That's what gives me the right.