Perspective on quality of life and NASA.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
RE: Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
(05-08-2012 04:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Then enlighten me because you're doing a Red Celt. That is, you come across as hating rich people yet when questioned on it you change your tone.
Again, you're arguing based on your interpretation/your perception of my words. What may come across as hating rich people to one person may come across differently to someone else. The fact remains, that I have not expressed anything that could be, from an objective point of view, counted as hatred towards rich people. I have no obligation or reason to justify myself to you, but at the very least you have proven that your accusations are based on your point of view and not on sound arguments that can sustain an external investigation. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 05:16 AM
(05-08-2012 05:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 04:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Then enlighten me because you're doing a Red Celt. That is, you come across as hating rich people yet when questioned on it you change your tone.
Again, you're arguing based on your interpretation/your perception of my words. What may come across as hating rich people to one person may come across differently to someone else. The fact remains, that I have not expressed anything that could be, from an objective point of view, counted as hatred towards rich people. I have no obligation or reason to justify myself to you, but at the very least you have proven that your accusations are based on your point of view and not on sound arguments that can sustain an external investigation. Thumbsup

No, my points about charity giving and that they give more then you or I still stands.
(Which you and red celt are ignoring btw).
How I interpreted your opinion is overall pointless and moot as my points still stand.

Plus you are yet to actually state your opinion in that case, please, share with the group on how you actually feel about rich people so we can actually get back to the important facts that you're trying ever so hard to derail from.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-08-2012, 05:46 AM
In a conversation between left-leaning people and right-leaning people, rarely (if ever) will one side decide that they're completely wrong and do a socio-political volte-face.

So, they'll disagree at a very basic level. The telling point is how certain people handle that basic disagreement. Saying that "All lefties/righties are...(fill in the blank)" is an unhelpful (and rarely accurate) devolution into stereotypes.

Earmuffs, in this thread, your behavior has been fucking appalling. Grow the fuck up and learn how to deal with people who don't take the same path as you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
(05-08-2012 05:46 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  In a conversation between left-leaning people and right-leaning people, rarely (if ever) will one side decide that they're completely wrong and do a socio-political volte-face.

So, they'll disagree at a very basic level. The telling point is how certain people handle that basic disagreement. Saying that "All lefties/righties are...(fill in the blank)" is an unhelpful (and rarely accurate) devolution into stereotypes.

Earmuffs, in this thread, your behavior has been fucking appalling. Grow the fuck up and learn how to deal with people who don't take the same path as you.

My level of giving a fuck about my "appalling behavior" is zero.
But feel free to leave your comments in writing with my hot sectary, she will be sure to make sure it makes it's way into my suggestion box.

Please, continue to attack the small pointless details and my 'appalling behavior' and continue to completely ignore all that has been presented before you.

Bucky Ball made a fantastic post yet you ignore it in favor of going after my 'appalling behavior'. Why? Because you sir have nothing.
Kindly refute what has been prevented in front of you and stop wasting everybodies time or go home. Drinking Beverage

You too Vosur and the OP. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-08-2012, 08:40 AM
(05-08-2012 05:46 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  Earmuffs, in this thread, your behavior has been fucking appalling.

His behavior is never less than appalling. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Perspective on quality of life and NASA.
(05-08-2012 08:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 05:46 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  Earmuffs, in this thread, your behavior has been fucking appalling.

His behavior is never less than appalling. Angel

Pot, meet Kettle.

Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Goddam Erx. Sometimes I think we must share a brain. I think it, you say it.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I created a post making suggestions for living in a world that has better equality for everyone. I did this on an atheist forum because it seems to me to be the safest place to do so. I am disheartened to see that most would rather be resistant to ideas about equality for everyone, make accusations and discredit me because I had a poorly written op. I hear a lot of anger to even suggest that anyone is equal on this planet. I have sourced before and you know what it is a waste of time, most of you can't be bothered to look it up on your own. I understand it has been a painful process for those of you coming from religious backgrounds. Having your world view being changed for most people is a very hard thing. Did I come in to this forum calling or implying that everyone’s post that I may or may not agree with is an idiot or somehow beneath me? I hear a lot of fear and anger on this forum, which is left over baggage from the lives that most of you have came from.
Is my information any less valid? What is wrong with saying that the majority of the ultra rich have mental disorders? Who's money has more meaning a billionaire that gives to charity and most of the time gets something in return? (Psychopaths are actors and very good ones too) Or someone that gives even when they know it will hurt themselves? I have learned over the years that tough guy talk is bullshit and it is something that real cowards do. Don't get me wrong some times it is good to be a coward, but not at the expense at someones well being. If you are talking down to people or dismissing peoples statements out of hand, implying that they are an idiot you are a bully. I see it from both sides of the spectrum.
Also for those of you that complain about my writing you could do something helpful like edit it yourself and give it to the op so that he or she can use the corrections or not. Complaining about it does not help. I understand that most people do not have the time for it and that is the reason that a lot of my writing will be odd at times. I will guarantee that my posts will be honest to the best of my ability. As far as sourcing I have done a lot in other posts and some in this post go thru the information yourselves. I use it has common knowledge now and most of the people that ask me about it are not interested in the facts anyways. (The 2 trill from banks can be found in 2010 episodes of RT, aljazerra, tyt, and other assorted articles and news casts.) You all have come to be atheists and there for at least have a chance of researching facts for yourselves. It is not my problem that you not care to look.
The people that try and come to the defense of the rich. If you are doing this because you try to emulate their behaviors in hopes of becoming rich yourselves, you may want to have a bit of a rethink. Most of you seem to be idolizing billionaires that made it somewhat legit. (Yes people like Bill Gates are aware of what they have done to get to where they are. He is no innocent, but he is not all that guilty either.) Mostly I am referring to people like the Koch brothers, Donald Trump, and Mitt Romney. All of which did not make their money, they were born rich and they used that to make more. The Koch brothers believe that god has ordained them to be wealthy and everyone else can burn for all they care. You all have no chance to be like them they were born rich. They do lack the empathy towards people and are delusional.
I have heard people say that I am jealous of the wealthy. Sure I want money, but I don't need billions either. (Assumptions sound like projection to me.) I want what everyone really wants to live the life they want to live. I guaranty one thing just from the comments that I read in this forum that if you had the money you would not help me out. I can say for myself that I would help you all out. (I may need a bit of information first before I would but nothing drastic.) The feelings of privilege and being better then everyone else is a notion that comes from religion. What is wrong with having a society where someone could work odd jobs 20 hours a week, has the ability to tell their bosses to f-off if they want them to work longer hours for less pay. They would have the ability to pursue other interests and be able to make rent and have medical insurance. What is wrong with that?
People have complained about so called, “hand outs”, seriously what is wrong with helping people out? And really it is a small price to pay if a few people want to take advantage of the situation and do nothing with their lives. They will at least not be looking to be thieves or murdering people. They can all have free access to education, health care, whatever. We could spend more of our time educating each other and exploring our own world, space, and even inner space. What is wrong with that? I know that a lot of people feel the need to acquire more then they need to impress whomever and whatever they want to have sex with. It is a sign of poor education and a fundamental lack of understanding when it comes to sexuality. This is even more prevalent with people being uncomfortable or feeling shame with nudity. This is notable because a lot of this nonsense comes from Aberhamic religious notions. There is nothing wrong with sex, do your homework and get over it already. If you have questions go find a credible source. There are plenty of them out there. Being an ass to people does not create good stable relationships. Tough guy routine does not get you that either.
You will find that a lot of professionals and masters of their craft are the coolest people you will ever meet in your life if you are lucky to do so. Special Forces, UFC fighters, artists, scientists all for the most part are cool to people. Because they do not have to prove anything to anyone. They no longer have anything to be afraid of. They do not tend to be super rich either. (And I mean, billions and up. I am not talking about millionaires for the most part.) I have found that people that are mean and cruel to others do so out of fear, ignorance, or brain damage. Why is it wrong to suggest that we treat all people equally and take care of those who have difficulties? Why does that make everyone so angry? Fear. The only way you get past fear is thru education and understanding. It is not easy but it can be done. Look at all the people that made the first step to becoming atheists for example. Change can happen.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
(05-08-2012 12:58 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  I created a post making suggestions for living in a world that has better equality for everyone. I did this on an atheist forum because it seems to me to be the safest place to do so. I am disheartened to see that most would rather be resistant to ideas about equality for everyone, make accusations and discredit me because I had a poorly written op.

There is an important point that you need to accept: all we have in common is atheism (apart from the theists). Atheism doesn't have an all-encompassing belief system, apart from the one that is encapsulated by that one word.

So don't expect any of your views to remain unchallenged.

Also, there are a lot of morons in the world... and most of them have internet access. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Red Celt's post
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 06:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-08-2012 08:30 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 04:50 PM)LabMonster13 Wrote:  http://www.alternet.org/economy/3-big-li...page=0%2C0 A link for those that think that most of the richest people have your best interest in mind.

To think that anyone has anything but their own best interest in mind is irrational.

Of course. And ensuring that people are sufficiently housed and fed and educated is in my best interest. Keeps them from going all pitchfork and torches on my sorry ass. My state Maryland, like many other states, recently went through a budget crisis. We could've cut the shit out of services like Kansas did to the detriment of our top-notch educational system, our world class research and development efforts, our public infrastructure and possibly our pristine credit rating or we could raise the marginal tax rate on upper incomes. It was a no brainer for us. Most everyone I work with will be impacted by the new tax hike and, with the exception of one ornery old scrooge who never married or had kids, we are not willing for Maryland to become Kansas and we will pay to make sure that doesn't happen (apologies to kim if she's offended by my low opinion of her state of residence).

Maryland now has the 4th highest top marginal income tax rate in the country. We also have the highest income per capita in the country. Coincidence? We think not.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.