Persuade an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2015, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 12:09 PM by Reltzik.)
RE: Persuade an atheist
Also, COMPLETELY unrelated to the "I'll pray for you" question.

Is God (in the biblical narrative) being passive-aggressive when he offers his faultless son, which is also somehow himself (?) as a sacrifice to himself to atone for our misdeeds?

... it'd be a bit like asking how passive-aggressive someone is being for visibly cutting on themselves and saying "I'm doing this for you so I don't have to hurt you for pissing me off earlier." Or maybe "so I'll be willing to step in and save you from that truck that's going to run you over", if you believe God had nothing to do with the creation of Hell and does not actively damn people to it but simply passively allows it.

[Image: emokitty.jpg]

... or maybe they're cutting a puppy rather than themselves. Depending on how you take the "are Christ and God the same" question.

In other words, yes. VERY passive-aggressive.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2015, 02:24 PM
All,

I preach publicly as well as in church sermons. I've indeed been spat upon, had objects thrown at me, had items stolen from my gear, and had weapons brandished at me and around me.

I will try to keep in mind what you all said. I do understand that saying I'll pray for you can come off snotty or passive aggressive.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Q Continuum's post
21-04-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 05:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-04-2015 02:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've indeed been spat upon, had objects thrown at me, had items stolen from my gear, and had weapons brandished at me and around me.

What a coincidence. Me too. Go figure.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2015, 10:35 AM
(21-04-2015 04:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 02:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've indeed been spat upon, had objects thrown at me, had items stolen from my gear, and had weapons brandished at me and around me.

What a coincidence. Me too. Go figure.

What were you doing that incited such behavior? Are you saying you've been persecuted for being a skeptic?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user