Persuade an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Persuade an atheist
(15-04-2015 09:17 PM)The Theist Wrote:  According to the Bible

Which means far less than 'according to wikipedia'; at least that usually has links to actually legitimate sources.

Quote:the soul is the life, the blood of any breathing creature, and it dies. Are you saying these things don't exist?

Life exists, blood exists, and creatures do breathe and die. There's no evidence that there is anything associated with any of those that could be called a soul.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 09:56 PM
(15-04-2015 09:49 PM)Russ Wrote:  If you are using 'things' to refer to souls, than yes, I don't see any evidence that they exist. I would also like to say that your use of 'soul' is somewhat vague. Could you define it with more precision than your previous definition?

The soul is the life, the blood, the life experience of any breathing creature. The Hebrew word for soul, nephesh, comes from a root word that means "breather." Any living, breathing animal or human, has or is a soul. The soul is in, or is, the blood. Thus the soul or life, is sacred, thus blood sacrifice. According to the Bible.

Apostate religion began teaching the pagan concept of the soul upon the influence of the Greek philosophers Socrates and Plato; that the soul is some immortal part of us that lives on after death isn't a Bible teaching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2015, 09:57 PM
You're not presenting facts, you're presenting YOUR opinions.
15-04-2015, 09:59 PM
(15-04-2015 09:50 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:41 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The only "fact" that I will accept as evidence for a god is a direct physical encounter with the god itself. As one of My hobbies is writing fiction, I know how trivially easy it is to cobble together the real and the imaginary; as a result, I am utterly unconvinced by scripture of any kind.

For a god? Define god. Moses? Jesus? Satan? Molech? Tammuz? The Judges of Israel? Eric Clapton? Zeus? Baal? There are billions of gods, some exist or existed and some didn't or don't. What a remarkably obtuse statement to say that there isn't evidence for a god simply because it doesn't exist.

Zeus didn't exist. I don't believe in Zeus. I don't worship Zeus. Zeus is a god.

Some exist? Are you polytheistic?
15-04-2015, 10:01 PM
(15-04-2015 09:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Which means far less than 'according to wikipedia'; at least that usually has links to actually legitimate sources.

Everything I just said, on Wikipedia.

(15-04-2015 09:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Life exists, blood exists, and creatures do breathe and die. There's no evidence that there is anything associated with any of those that could be called a soul.

Wrong.
15-04-2015, 10:03 PM
(15-04-2015 09:57 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  You're not presenting facts, you're presenting YOUR opinions.

So factually 1. Jewish religious thinking regarding the immortal soul wasn't influenced by Greek Philosophy after Alexander The Great? 2. The Bible doesn't say the soul dies, i.e., is mortal, contrary to Plato and Socrates? Is that what you are saying?
15-04-2015, 10:07 PM
(15-04-2015 09:59 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  Some exist? Are you polytheistic?

Polytheistic . . . [Sigh!] . . . No, like the writers of the Bible, I'm Henotheistic.

1 Corinthians 8:5,6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”  there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
15-04-2015, 10:09 PM
(15-04-2015 09:56 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Any living, breathing animal or human, has or is a soul. The soul is in, or is, the blood. Thus the soul or life, is sacred, thus blood sacrifice. According to the Bible.
How though, do you know the bible is true?

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
15-04-2015, 10:09 PM
(15-04-2015 10:07 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:59 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  Some exist? Are you polytheistic?

Polytheistic . . . [Sigh!] . . . No, like the writers of the Bible, I'm Henotheistic.

1 Corinthians 8:5,6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”  there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

So you believe in many gods but, only worship one.
15-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Oh so I guess I missed where you proved a soul exists?