Persuade an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 10:39 PM by The Theist.)
RE: Persuade an atheist
(15-04-2015 10:31 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Bible says it? Well fuck me running! What was I thinking?!

The point is that if you, or I, for that matter, say the Bible says it and it doesn't then we would be wrong about the Bible. Atheists tend to be wrong about the Bible. If you are wrong about the Bible then it is quite possible you are wrong about God. All while claiming to have "the facts" when you are only regurgitating the religiosity of those you claim to be contrary to, who, you also claim don't have the facts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 10:36 PM
(15-04-2015 10:35 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Shut it down boys. Next time you log in this website will be titled "www.ThisOneAssholeFiguredItOutAndTrustHimCauseHeKnowsWhatTheBibleIsGettingAt.com​"

A little lengthy I know, but fuck you, you weren't smart enough to figure it all out.

Well at least then it would be a more accurate title.
15-04-2015, 10:40 PM
The Bible is not a book of facts, so I'm not going to look in it for any.

I wouldn't crack open an algebra textbook for facts about anatomy.
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2015, 10:43 PM
I'll tell you what The Theist. Why don't you get right to the nut cutting and tell us exactly what it is that you think you know that nobody else does.

Direct and specific would be great, thanks.
15-04-2015, 10:47 PM
(15-04-2015 10:09 PM)Russ Wrote:  How though, do you know the bible is true?

In the context of this discussion it really isn't relevant at this point. What the soul is may depend upon your beliefs, the point is, the Bible says the soul dies, which is different than what you think it says. You can't factually say the soul, according to the Bible, doesn't exist, when, well. It obviously does. The confusion comes from not knowing the Bible and the history of Christian teachings having been transmogrified over time.
15-04-2015, 10:49 PM
(15-04-2015 10:40 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Bible is not a book of facts, so I'm not going to look in it for any.

I wouldn't crack open an algebra textbook for facts about anatomy.

That's willful stupidity. If I ask you if the soul exists and you say it doesn't it's because you are not going to look in it and aught to shut the fuck up about it, don't you think?
15-04-2015, 10:50 PM
(15-04-2015 10:35 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 10:31 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Bible says it? Well fuck me running! What was I thinking?!

The point is that if you, or I, for that matter, say the Bible says it and it doesn't then we would be wrong about the Bible. Atheists tend to be wrong about the Bible. If you are wrong about the Bible then it is quite possible you are wrong about God.
All I use the bible for is to show why I don't believe in the christian flavor of god.
Take away the bible, and I'm still an atheist. The reason being there is nothing out there that suggests some sentient being created everything, even less evidence is there for a sentient being that is also omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omnipresent.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
15-04-2015, 10:52 PM
(15-04-2015 10:43 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'll tell you what The Theist. Why don't you get right to the nut cutting and tell us exactly what it is that you think you know that nobody else does.

Direct and specific would be great, thanks.

It really is foolish to think that anything anyone says about the Bible is original. I'm not the only one who thinks the soul is what I said it was, I gave references to the same effect.

You are in denial due, probably to your atheistic and or Christian background.

What I said was pretty simple, direct and specific. It just makes you look stupid. But that's okay. Learn from it. Be an informed atheist.
15-04-2015, 10:57 PM
(15-04-2015 10:50 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 10:35 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The point is that if you, or I, for that matter, say the Bible says it and it doesn't then we would be wrong about the Bible. Atheists tend to be wrong about the Bible. If you are wrong about the Bible then it is quite possible you are wrong about God.
All I use the bible for is to show why I don't believe in the christian flavor of god.
Take away the bible, and I'm still an atheist. The reason being there is nothing out there that suggests some sentient being created everything, even less evidence is there for a sentient being that is also omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omnipresent.

Well, the omni stuff is primarily religious nonsense as well, but that's another thread. There is no evidence, as you say, that a sentient being created everything because there was no one, except the spirit creatures in heaven, who witnessed it. Unless you learn the Bible and establish a trust there and consider it trustworthy to have made accurate claims regarding said creation. Of course, if you want to question said claims, you also have to learn the Bible to refute those claims.

Otherwise your just a smart ass with a chip on your shoulder. And wrong.
15-04-2015, 10:58 PM
(15-04-2015 09:41 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The only "fact" that I will accept as evidence for a god is a direct physical encounter with the god itself.

(15-04-2015 09:50 PM)The Theist Wrote:  What a remarkably obtuse statement to say that there isn't evidence for a god simply because it doesn't exist.

Reading comprehension epic fail: I didn't say that there was no evidence; I said that there was only one very specific kind of evidence that I would accept.

I direct your attention to the title of this thread, which is "Persuade an atheist." I'm not persuaded by scriptures. I'm not persuaded by the personal testimony of believers. I'm not persuaded by philosophical wankery that tries to define a god into existence. I am not neurologically wired for blind faith in anything. I do actually require first-hand physical evidence, and so far no gods (including yours) have been able to provide that.