Pessimistic? Do these things exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 10:59 AM
So I came across these videos of optimism and pessimism along with realism than the other ones if there are other one I don't remember right off hand . then that got me thinking about this because I never actually thought about what what I might be Looking more into this I immediately realized that I am almost completely a Pessimist I see the negative before i see anything. I always got into talks with people telling me to be more positive but i just thought it was a flaw and something i had to fix more then oh wait i'm what some consider a pessimist. Then my brain went, great i'll probably never get by in life without someone getting onto me about how i see the world around me, no wonder i suck at communication. So, even though this isn't religion based i wanted to ask what others think of this topic in general is it true? is it false? do you see yourself to be one of the above? This is me simply being curious and well, that's how i am.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Midnightstar's post
15-05-2017, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2017 11:14 AM by sea_tiger.)
RE: Pessimistic? Do these things exist?
I am a pessimist.
Question to other pessimists: Can you make pessimism work for you [in a positive way]?
15-05-2017, 11:17 AM
I ain't any of those things. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm an optimist. Which is not to say that I never have a pessimistic thought, but I generally have a gung-ho attitude like, "I can do my part to make a lasting, positive impact on society! Humanity is so awesome! We're going to cure cancer, stop global warming, and we're totally going to colonize Mars!" Pessimistic viewpoints sometimes irritate me, but pessimists have their place in society as well. Someone's gotta keep the dreamers' heads out of the clouds and our feet on the ground so we can be productive.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm certainly not optimist. I tend to see world in dark colours and I think that if something can go wrong then it probably will.

Life's shit and then you die accurately describes my attitude.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Being a pessimist has advantages since things frequently turn out better than you expected and you are rarely surprised that they didn't. I think being an optimist sounds depressing since things would so often go badly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-05-2017, 11:58 AM
"Hoping for the best but expecting the worst." Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
15-05-2017, 12:03 PM
(15-05-2017 11:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Being a pessimist has advantages since things frequently turn out better than you expected and you are rarely surprised that they didn't. I think being an optimist sounds depressing since things would so often go badly.

Yeah, you would think for worse to happen and prepare for it, but the real event would always be better than the worse situation you imagined.In hindsight you would feel as if everything went okay.If things go bad you are prepared for it ,so its manageable.
15-05-2017, 12:04 PM
(15-05-2017 11:58 AM)Vera Wrote:  "Hoping for the best but expecting the worst." Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-05-2017, 12:15 PM
(15-05-2017 12:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:58 AM)Vera Wrote:  "Hoping for the best but expecting the worst." Drinking Beverage

What the?!

And what *are* you insinuating with those be-scarfed, miserable, Eastern-European-looking folk? Dodgy

Seriously, what is this? Only 12 Chairs I've ever heard of is an awesome book (which me and my family quote quite a bit Yes )

Actually, mine was this:

(not sure what a fading horse is, but these are the 80ies we're dealing with here, a weird time with weirder clothes and even weirderer hair-styles....)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."