Pet peeves and gear grinders?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Pet peeves and gear grinders?
The rather annoying tendency of Brazilians to use augmentatives. While I'm all for using diminutives (and the one thing the English language is pretty much missing), but augmentatives look and sound ugly. At least in Portuguese. Thus, a compliment or a nice wish becomes puke-worthy. [Image: th_smiley-yuck.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Grown up women posting cutesy saccharine stuff all over the place, esp. as their profile pictures on FB. I've seen you, this looks nothing like you. It's not sweet, girlish or cute, it's cloying and kinda dumb. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a woman.

[Image: 540233_10151304539984573_994852796_n.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-12-2012, 10:18 AM
(23-12-2012 07:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  Grown up women posting cutesy saccharine stuff all over the place, esp. as their profile pictures on FB. I've seen you, this looks nothing like you. It's not sweet, girlish or cute, it's cloying and kinda dumb. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a woman.

[Image: 540233_10151304539984573_994852796_n.jpg]

You wouldn't happen to have her number, would you? Heart

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-12-2012, 10:21 AM
(23-12-2012 10:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You wouldn't happen to have her number, would you? Heart
Why? You into animated girls or something? Consider

(And the note in the picture - written in Bulgarian - is just as cloyingly dumb). Frusty

23-12-2012, 10:40 AM
(23-12-2012 10:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 10:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You wouldn't happen to have her number, would you? Heart
Why? You into animated girls or something? Consider

(And the note in the picture - written in Bulgarian - is just as cloyingly dumb). Frusty

Yes. Logica has taught me that one can want to have sex with a cartoon and no one should be judged for it. Girl_nails

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-12-2012, 10:47 AM
(23-12-2012 10:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes. Logica has taught me that one can want to have sex with a cartoon and no one should be judged for it. Girl_nails
Logica's been in Japan. He doesn't count Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-12-2012, 11:02 AM
(23-12-2012 10:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 10:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes. Logica has taught me that one can want to have sex with a cartoon and no one should be judged for it. Girl_nails
Logica's been in Japan. He doesn't count Drinking Beverage
Their daytime television is certainly something else.

That said... pet peeves... Stupid people.

I know, it's obvious. No one likes to talk to stupid people. But for some reason I become increasingly annoyed or frustrated if I talk to someone who talks like a dumbass. I hate poor grammar and holy shit do I hate stupid slang and poor language skills. To boot, I find it infuriating to talk to someone "Who like.. um like.. uh like it's like..." every other word.

One day my sister was talking to my wife and my wife asked, "What do you think is something... one thing my husband becomes instantly upset with? I wonder if we'll feel the same." my sister just said, "Stupid people. He cannot stand stupid and irrational people." and I poked in overhearing it and went, "YUUUUUP!"

Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
23-12-2012, 11:39 AM
(23-12-2012 10:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 10:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  Why? You into animated girls or something? Consider

Yes. Logica has taught me that one can want to have sex with a cartoon and no one should be judged for it. Girl_nails
Hey, people have sex with plush toys, why not cartoons? Just make sure it's a good quality cartoon, Erx. We wouldn't want you to settle for less now.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Percepticon's post
23-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd molest that cartoon.

And that's ok, because she's not even real. No harm done. Big Grin

I'd also wreck the chick from Ratatouille.
[Image: tumblr_m81pgpbyTr1rpuyws.jpg]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
23-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Getting back on topic, though, I was just reminded of another gear-grinder.

Being mistaken for a theist online. I'll be in a debate with someone over this or that, and I'll say something that sounds oh-so-vaguely like something a theist might say (if put in a certain context), and some hot-headed atheist will come along and tell me I'm a deluded fuck and that my God doesn't exist. It's always the super-extremists who don't bother to look at the conversation rationally and determine that I'm actually speaking against religious beliefs; then proceed to crucify me for being a deluded theist.

I'm all for tearing down a theist, but slow the fuck down. Don't shoot the cop thinking he's the burglar.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post