Pet peeves and gear grinders?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: Pet peeves and gear grinders?
I forgot a major one;

People who try and get TV programs banned for moral reasons. If they don't like swearing or violence then just don't watch it, don't try and ruin it for the rest of us Angry!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 09:46 AM

(28-10-2011 09:44 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I forgot a major one;

People who try and get TV programs banned for moral reasons. If they don't like swearing or violence then just don't watch it, don't try and ruin it for the rest of us Angry!

Why do people look down on swearing in the first place? It's just a word.
I mean, what makes those specific words bad?
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 09:47 AM
(28-10-2011 09:46 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Why do people look down on swearing in the first place? It's just a word.

Because it's blasphemous against their non-existent best friend I think. Damn those people need to get a life!

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
28-10-2011, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 01:54 PM by itsFerdinand.)
(28-10-2011 09:46 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Why do people look down on swearing in the first place? It's just a word.

Did you know some people in Europe say the word cunt, like we Americans say the word crap. Big Grin
So I've heard, anyways.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2011, 04:17 PM
(28-10-2011 01:40 PM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Did you know some people in Europe say the word cunt, like we Americans say the word crap. Big Grin
So I've heard, anyways.

I think we're a bit more chilled towards swearing, not much more chilled though. I think you bleep out the swearing from some shows where we don't bother. Apart from the BBC of course, they're proper pussies with anything like that.

We also don't have the PTC so we're at a bit of an advantage Big Grin.

I don't know about the rest of Europe but that's what it's like in England anyway.

Best
Worst
29-10-2011, 11:43 AM
(28-10-2011 04:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think we're a bit more chilled towards swearing, not much more chilled though. I think you bleep out the swearing from some shows where we don't bother. Apart from the BBC of course, they're proper pussies with anything like that.

American's bleeps out almost everything. -_-
Makes me wish I lived in England.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2011, 12:02 PM
(29-10-2011 11:43 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  American's bleeps out almost everything. -_-

I know what you mean. I watched an American made DVD of Gordan Ramsey once and it was just like one massive bleep.

Best
Worst
29-10-2011, 01:40 PM
(29-10-2011 12:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 11:43 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  American's bleeps out almost everything. -_-

I know what you mean. I watched an American made DVD of Gordan Ramsey once and it was just like one massive bleep.

“Hi, I’m Gordon fucking Ramsey for fucks sake and I’m going to fucking well go in to that fucking kitchen and make you the best fucking meal you’ll ever fucking have in your miserable pathetic fucking life you fucking fuck fucker”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
29-10-2011, 05:10 PM
(29-10-2011 01:40 PM)Karl Wrote:  “Hi, I’m Gordon fucking Ramsey for fucks sake and I’m going to fucking well go in to that fucking kitchen and make you the best fucking meal you’ll ever fucking have in your miserable pathetic fucking life you fucking fuck fucker”

Haha, I can't even watch any other TV chefs any more. It just doesn't sound right without the fucks.

Best
Worst
21-06-2012, 07:09 PM
When people eat and they scrape their teeth along the fork as they slide the food off. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me.