Peter Hitchens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 10:57 AM by Red Celt.)
Peter Hitchens
Now, being from the UK and understanding that one of our exports is very familiar to you as a vocal opponent of theism... I'm also left wondering if his brother is also known to any of you.

[Image: article-1255983-00C46162000004B0-88_468x286.jpg]

The reason that I ask is that Peter Hitchens is (in many ways) the polar opposite of his brother Christopher. Sadly, the wrong brother died first.

Peter Hitchens is not a quiet unheard voice in the UK. He makes frequent appearances on TV shows which feature debates (both political and societal) and puts forth a strongly Christian-based "morality".

He is also a columnist in the Daily Mail. If you're not too familiar with that paper, its core readership is basically the elderly middle-class... who have a hatred of illegal immigrants, teenagers, foreigners... and anyone who is even remotely to the centre or left-of-centre in British politics. Here is my favourite parody of the paper:-

As for the history of the Daily Mail... they were pro-Hitler (saying that he had lots of sensible things to say) right up until the day before war was declared. Then they tied themselves to their in-built nationalistic hatred of foreigners and turned against Hitler (but very reluctantly... because, well, his ideas were sensible...).

And the views of Peter Hitchens fits very neatly into this cultural abomination of a paper.

So. Have you heard of him?

I'd often wondered how family reunions would go in the Hitchens household.

edit: Slight correction. He is a columnist in the Sunday version of the Daily Mail (The Mail on Sunday).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
26-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Peter Hitchens
No. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Peter Hitchens
I've never heard of him, but now that I have, I'm can't help wondering if he's ok with his brother burning in Hell.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
26-08-2012, 10:07 AM
(26-08-2012 10:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage

Interesting.

Here's one (of many) clips from YouTube:

[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
26-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Oh well now... I had not realised that this debate had taken place.

And now I'm going to allocate 2 hours of my life to watching this, in its entirety.
26-08-2012, 10:15 AM
From the Hitchens vs Hitchens debate. One of my favourites.

If you wanna see the whole thing... find it yerself!

EDIT: If you wanna see the whole thing... see previous post.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-08-2012, 11:05 AM
(26-08-2012 10:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  From the Hitchens vs Hitchens debate. One of my favourites.

If you wanna see the whole thing... find it yerself!

EDIT: If you wanna see the whole thing... see previous post.

I've made a start on it, but it's paused at the moment. I'm not overly keen on the concept of which Hitchens brother was for or against the invasion of Iraq. Christopher's main argument is about the "badness" of Saddam. This is understood by everybody. The disagreement is on the reasons for the invasion... and whether it is OK to invade a country purely for the purposes of regime change. If so, there are a lot of countries that haven't been touched, yet... and who are we to tell the citizens of another country who their leaders should (or should not) be. An unsung Iraqi hero may well have risen up and forced Saddam out of office... giving the country a reason to be proud of one of their own, with songs and movies made about him for generations to come. But no, country A decides who is running country B. Oh, and if country A is ever run by someone that country C doesn't like, they can expect a similar invasion force... except, that won't happen, because might equals right. Meh!
26-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Chris's evil twin. So we meet for the first time, for the last time.

[Image: _images_uploads_claretyconsulting_angry_face.JPG]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
26-08-2012, 11:51 AM
(26-08-2012 11:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Chris's evil twin. So we meet for the first time, for the last time.

Living in the UK, I (sadly) cannot make that same claim. He is given frequent airtime.
26-08-2012, 12:28 PM
(26-08-2012 11:51 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 11:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Chris's evil twin. So we meet for the first time, for the last time.

Living in the UK, I (sadly) cannot make that same claim. He is given frequent airtime.

The good always die young. :/
The evil are always safe, their head tucked up in their own ass. Fuck, no kill shot.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]