Peter Popoff's Latest Outrage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 08:32 PM
So a few days ago I dozed off one night on the couch while watching TV only to awaken at 4 am to an obscenity. Seems televangelist Peter Popoff - you remember, the guy James Randi exposed as a fraud - was running infomercials (on the Discovery Channel no less!). Popoff's product? For a 'contribution to his ministry', he would send you a packet of 'holy water', which one could apply to one's self and pray for God to give you 'a financial miracle.' It was complete with a number of testimonies from people claiming to have used this and God sent them large sums of money. I immediately called the number listed to hear about this, or at least tell that outfit to go fuck itself for exploiting vulnerable people in debt but found the advertised phone number led to a phone sex line! Anybody else encounter this shit as well?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
18-11-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Peter Popoff's Latest Outrage
Hahaha a sex line? Maybe the church has some secret agreement. Peter will do his run-of-the-mill horseshit infomercial, but *wink *wink, it's really for hot nasty phone sex!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I think it's hilarious that you actually called the number Laugh out load
18-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah... How much did that call end up costing you? Laughat

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I wish he would pop off. Why an educational TV network like discovery is advertising it I don't know. There should be at least a law banning adverts of this kind. If you can't advertise cigarettes or gambling then you also should add to that the banning of bullshit like miracle water. Its a discrage that this guy isn't jailed yet but let me guess politicians don't want to take action as there scared to lose voters instead of attempt to make a positive contribution to the world.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 2 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
18-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Perhaps you did not wake up and it was an actual nightmare.
18-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I often see his show late, late, LATE at night but have never called. I usually watch for 15 minutes if there is nothing else on cause I can't believe my eyes and ears. What an oil-man!