Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies at 96

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies at 96

Best known in Britain for his role of Normal Clegg which he played for 3 decades in England's longest running sitcom Last of the Summer Wine internationally he is best remember as the Voice of Wallace from the Wallace and Gromit claymations. Fantastic actor, have enjoyed his work for practically my whole life.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2017, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 02:10 PM by Thoreauvian.)
RE: Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies at 96
(05-06-2017 12:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Best known in Britain for his role of Normal Clegg which he played for 3 decades in England's longest running sitcom Last of the Summer Wine internationally he is best remember as the Voice of Wallace from the Wallace and Gromit claymations. Fantastic actor, have enjoyed his work for practically my whole life.

I'm sorry to hear this. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is one of my favorite animated movies.
05-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Awww. That's too bad. I LOVED the Wallace character and his voice. He was such a fun character actor. He was 96. What a great life he seemed to have lived.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-06-2017, 02:11 PM

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-06-2017, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 04:49 AM by julep.)
That's sad. Many happy hours at our house have been spent rewatching W&G.
06-06-2017, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 02:56 AM by Silly Deity.)
I remember watching Sallis in the very first season of "The Last of the Summer Wine" back in the early 1970s. I was a teenager then.

I'm now in my late 50's.

Those early episodes were about the gently comedic experiences of retired men so Sallis was quite a bit younger than I am now.

He had a long, long life and made many people chuckle.

Sad to see him go but he leaves many happy memories.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
06-06-2017, 03:01 AM
Whilst I was never a fan of "last of the summer wine", Wallace and Gromit was just coming in when I was a kid, and a Grand Day Out, is still my favorite of the short movies.

Rest easy Peter!

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!