Peter Schiff: The Richard Dawkins of Economics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Peter Schiff: The Richard Dawkins of Economics
I think ya'll might enjoy Peter Schiff and his videos, he has the blood of a winner and has predicted almost everything to tee in modern economics, most noticeably the housing bubble, years before it even came to fruition. I have learned a lot from his podcasts.

Here's a vid to get an idea what he is about:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Peter Schiff: The Richard Dawkins of Economics
Seen it. Unimpressed. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-12-2012, 04:58 AM
The housing bubble was obvious to anyone looking for bubbles. He was wrong about the impending collapse of consumer credit, which has now self-adjusted, and student debt is now a much larger problem, which he never said shit about. He was wrong about the dollar collapse. He was wrong about pending hyper-inflation, as a means for the adjustement of consumer credit. In January 2009, economic blogger/banker Michael Shedlock wrote: "I have talked with many who claim they have invested with Schiff and are down anywhere from 40% to 70% in 2008". Later that week an article appeared in the Wall Street Journal reporting that Schiff's broker-dealer firm had "advised its clients to bet that the dollar would weaken significantly and that foreign stocks would outpace their U.S. peers" however the dollar advanced against most currencies. Never happened. Dr. Doom, was wrong again. Paul Krugman has debunked many of his nonsense papers, including him saying "I know inflation is going to get worse in 2010. Whether it’s going to run out of control or it’s going to take until 2011 or 2012, but I know we’re going to have a major currency crisis coming soon. Never happened, and in fact the dollar regained it's position of safe-haven currency as the Euro plummeted. In short, Schiff is shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2012, 11:01 AM
(23-12-2012 04:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The housing bubble was obvious to anyone looking for bubbles. He was wrong about the impending collapse of consumer credit, which has now self-adjusted, and student debt is now a much larger problem, which he never said shit about. He was wrong about the dollar collapse. He was wrong about pending hyper-inflation, as a means for the adjustement of consumer credit. In January 2009, economic blogger/banker Michael Shedlock wrote: "I have talked with many who claim they have invested with Schiff and are down anywhere from 40% to 70% in 2008". Later that week an article appeared in the Wall Street Journal reporting that Schiff's broker-dealer firm had "advised its clients to bet that the dollar would weaken significantly and that foreign stocks would outpace their U.S. peers" however the dollar advanced against most currencies. Never happened. Dr. Doom, was wrong again. Paul Krugman has debunked many of his nonsense papers, including him saying "I know inflation is going to get worse in 2010. Whether it’s going to run out of control or it’s going to take until 2011 or 2012, but I know we’re going to have a major currency crisis coming soon. Never happened, and in fact the dollar regained it's position of safe-haven currency as the Euro plummeted. In short, Schiff is shit.
Nobody can understand economics- it's an ecosystem from the collective genius of billions. Top traders win 51-53% of trades, so someone losing a speculation is hardly an all round failure. Currencies are running on empty I am sure you will agree, but since all countries are using fiat nobody will have a currency crisis since everyone is inflating at around the same rate- now, it's really a question of which country will default, which will likely start a domino effect of other countries going to gold standard. That is not going to happen any time soon, since everyone is drinking the Kool aid.
23-12-2012, 11:07 AM
(23-12-2012 11:01 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 04:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The housing bubble was obvious to anyone looking for bubbles. He was wrong about the impending collapse of consumer credit, which has now self-adjusted, and student debt is now a much larger problem, which he never said shit about. He was wrong about the dollar collapse. He was wrong about pending hyper-inflation, as a means for the adjustement of consumer credit. In January 2009, economic blogger/banker Michael Shedlock wrote: "I have talked with many who claim they have invested with Schiff and are down anywhere from 40% to 70% in 2008". Later that week an article appeared in the Wall Street Journal reporting that Schiff's broker-dealer firm had "advised its clients to bet that the dollar would weaken significantly and that foreign stocks would outpace their U.S. peers" however the dollar advanced against most currencies. Never happened. Dr. Doom, was wrong again. Paul Krugman has debunked many of his nonsense papers, including him saying "I know inflation is going to get worse in 2010. Whether it’s going to run out of control or it’s going to take until 2011 or 2012, but I know we’re going to have a major currency crisis coming soon. Never happened, and in fact the dollar regained it's position of safe-haven currency as the Euro plummeted. In short, Schiff is shit.
Nobody can understand economics- it's an ecosystem from the collective genius of billions. Top traders win 51-53% of trades, so someone losing a speculation is hardly an all round failure. Currencies are running on empty I am sure you will agree, but since all countries are using fiat nobody will have a currency crisis since everyone is inflating at around the same rate- now, it's really a question of which country will default, which will likely start a domino effect of other countries going to gold standard. That is not going to happen any time soon, since everyone is drinking the Kool aid.
Please clarify exactly what "curriencies are running on empty" means, how you know that, and how you are competent to state that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
23-12-2012, 11:13 AM
(23-12-2012 11:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 11:01 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Nobody can understand economics- it's an ecosystem from the collective genius of billions. Top traders win 51-53% of trades, so someone losing a speculation is hardly an all round failure. Currencies are running on empty I am sure you will agree, but since all countries are using fiat nobody will have a currency crisis since everyone is inflating at around the same rate- now, it's really a question of which country will default, which will likely start a domino effect of other countries going to gold standard. That is not going to happen any time soon, since everyone is drinking the Kool aid.
Please clarify exactly what "curriencies are running on empty" means, how you know that, and how you are competent to state that.
You can't print off a piece of paper with a word on it and give it to someone, and call it really something with a straight face. Logically it doesn't make sense. QE is just fantasy land economics.