Petition to ban Bishadi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Petition to ban Bishadi
(11-09-2012 05:41 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 10:00 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Spamming is an offense we have banned for in the past.
I think it is appropriate now.

Bishadi appeared to have a sincere interest in discussing what he thought were cutting edge ideas in science. His writing style was very confusing to me so I didn't engage with him. He may have a learning disability, a mental condition, or just be extremely inarticulate, or maybe English isn't his first language, I don't know. What I found reading through the list of Bishadi's threads was that he didn't seem to be trying to be disruptive. He was connecting a lot of scientific ideas, putting them out for discussion, encouraged people to challenge him, and was meticulous in following up with anyone who responded to him, albeit in his very confusing (to me) way. He may have been one of the freer thinkers to inhabit this forum. I only saw him get unpleasant when someone was first rude or condescending to him, of which there was plenty. Once he was labelled a troll he was mocked and bullied quite a lot, and by many people. Overall it convinced me that I too no longer want to be associated with the people in this forum. I'm out.

He made it clear upon entry that he wasn't interested in being a normal member and that he had been banned from every forum he ever used. If I thought for a minute that he was any of the things you say, I would have been defending him. He gets his strange kicks by being banned. You can google him. I bet he'll turn up in another forum tomorrow and do exactly the same.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 06:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-09-2012 12:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree with the decision.

That is all.

Still waiting for pie.

I'm with Pennywise but don't find any particular fault with the way the decision was made. ... And I can't eat no pie 'cause of the diabetes. Sadcryface2 ... well maybe fur pie, it ain't got no carbs.

"And when Pilate saw that nothing availed, but that there was an increasing clamor, he took water, washing his hands before the crowds and he said, 'I am free from the blood of this righteous man. Know that.' And all the people answered, and they said, 'His blood be upon us and upon our children.' Then he released Barabba to them and scourged Yeshua with whips and delivered him to be crucified." Matthew 27:24-26 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I was in favour of banning him. Normally I'm one of the first to argue against banning idiots like him but he was clearly warned not to continue posting bullshit threads in the science section and he posted another one within a day (taking the number of threads on the first page of the science section posted by him to eleven).

As far as I'm concerned that constitutes spam, and he had a clear warning that he ignored.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
(11-09-2012 06:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I was in favour of banning him. Normally I'm one of the first to argue against banning idiots like him but he was clearly warned not to continue posting bullshit threads in the science section and he posted another one within a day (taking the number of threads on the first page of the science section posted by him to eleven).

As far as I'm concerned that constitutes spam, and he had a clear warning that he ignored.

Like I said, I find no fault with the process which led to the decision, I just disagree with it. Allow me and Pennywise the courtesy of disagreeing gracefully.

11-09-2012, 06:30 PM
(11-09-2012 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like I said, I find no fault with the process which led to the decision, I just disagree with it. Allow me and Pennywise the courtesy of disagreeing gracefully.

Disagree away Smile.

I'm just making public what I said in the Clubhouse.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
(11-09-2012 06:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like I said, I find no fault with the process which led to the decision, I just disagree with it. Allow me and Pennywise the courtesy of disagreeing gracefully.

Disagree away Smile.

I'm just making public what I said in the Clubhouse.

Dude, what happens in the Clubhouse stays in the Clubhouse. Censored

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
What clubhouse?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
(11-09-2012 06:40 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What clubhouse?

It's a metaphor. We don't take these things literally; that would be medieval.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
(11-09-2012 06:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Disagree away Smile.

If you ain't gonna graciously allow me to let it go, I still got a clean fundoshi ready to sumo in the dohyō. ... Fucking kids need to learn how to agree to disagree civilly.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
(11-09-2012 06:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 06:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Disagree away Smile.

If you ain't gonna graciously allow me to let it go, I still got a clean fundoshi ready to sumo in the dohyō. ... Fucking kids need to learn how to agree to disagree civilly.

Well you better hurry and do something quick because I'm banning Hughsie next.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post