RE: Petition to ban Bishadi
Mods don't have an unban power. You can't fool me that easily Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
(12-09-2012 10:48 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Mods don't have an unban power. You can't fool me that easily Big Grin

What! That would make no sense to give us the ban power but no unban. Have you ever actually tried to unban someone?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-09-2012, 10:57 AM
(12-09-2012 10:53 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 10:48 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Mods don't have an unban power. You can't fool me that easily Big Grin

What! That would make no sense to give us the ban power but no unban. Have you ever actually tried to unban someone?

Nerds.

Heart
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
(12-09-2012 10:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nerds.

Heart

Looks like someone has banhammer envy Big Grin

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
12-09-2012, 11:15 AM
There isn't an option for it anywhere, so its something beyond our abilities. But if you want to try banning yourself......

12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
(12-09-2012 11:15 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  There isn't an option for it anywhere, so its something beyond our abilities. But if you want to try banning yourself......

Not necessarily. I've just been to RC's profile and I have an option to ban him. Maybe that would unban him as he's already banned. Also, maybe we can't unban someone banned by a user from a higher group than ourselves but could still unban people banned by other mods.

I'm defo not gonna try banning myself now though, I don't have Stark or Erx on facebook.

Best
Worst
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 11:42 AM by FSM_scot.)
(12-09-2012 11:17 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Not necessarily. I've just been to RC's profile and I have an option to ban him. Maybe that would unban him as he's already banned. Also, maybe we can't unban someone banned by a user from a higher group than ourselves but could still unban people banned by other mods.

I'm defo not gonna try banning myself now though, I don't have Stark or Erx on facebook.

Clicking the ban user option on an already banned user. just gives you the usual banning options, which are basically redundant since the user is already banned.

I think clicking ban on yourself gives an error message. I noticed the option and asked DT about when i first became a mod.

Edit. Clicking the option on your own profile brings up the same banning options as other users.

12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
(12-09-2012 11:38 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Clicking the ban user option on an already banned user. just gives you the usual banning options, which are basically redundant since the user is already banned.

I think clicking ban on yourself gives an error message. I noticed the option and asked DT about when i first became a mod.

Maybe it's to do with user groups then. Surely no-one in their right mind would give someone the right to ban but not the right to unban.

Best
Worst
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
It can be done by anyone in a higher user group than us. It's like how we can't delete posts but both super mods and admin can. Its something that's done so rarely there's not much point in allowing everyone to do it.

12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
(12-09-2012 11:47 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It can be done by anyone in a higher user group than us. It's like how we can't delete posts but both super mods and admin can. Its something that's done so rarely there's not much point in allowing everyone to do it.

Ah well. I can't imagine I'll ever need to unban someone. I've never even used the normal banning options yet, I've been a nuke or bust kinda guy so far.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post