Petition to ban Bishadi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Petition to ban Bishadi
(10-09-2012 05:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 05:49 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  After last night, I don't want to drink anymore. Wink

Lightweight. Tongue

Quitter Hobo

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Ban me instead.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-09-2012, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 06:55 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(10-09-2012 06:10 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  What the drinking game isn't enough? Tongue
Nothing. Not all of the team have commented yet and we want more opinions and all options for dealing with him.

It probably would be if I had booze. Undecided

I don't think the site should change to accommodate him, but if he doesn't change to accommodate the site, my answer is yes; ban him.

Despite the 'entertainment' value some give to him, I agree with Phaedrus: the site's quality is at an all time low. I've only been on this site for a little while, but I noticed the drastic hit. From Discovery Channel to Jerry Springer.

I don't want shit posted in the science section. I want science. Even though some are trying to disprove/correct the whole horseshit Bishadi posts, it still doesn't up the quality of the section.

Even if someone puts him on ignore, it's still evident that his shit is the latest hot topic. He stops threads in their tracks.

Anyway, enough from me.

P.S. I'm still learning. Seeing his shit doesn't help me learn. It fucks up my mind and the learning curve turns into a disproportionate zigzag.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
10-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Here's my thoughts on Bishadi.

Bishadi isn't here to be a productive member, he did indeed state this in his introduction post.

I'm not putting a high value on a productive member, however posting inflammatory remarks to simply cause trouble and distract from the greater cause is not useful. In my honest opinion he's not spamming, however at the same time he's a waste of space.

If you stand for free speech you won't ban him, however if you stand for a quality website, you'll ban him.

I'm rather conflicted as to what I stand for, so I'll remain on the neutral position, unless you count tearing him a new asshole. I'd like to title that the "Awesome" side.

I'm on the awesome side.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
10-09-2012, 06:56 PM
awesome side? i'll join, but only to avoid being a victim.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
10-09-2012, 07:00 PM
(10-09-2012 05:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'd say a petition would be a good way for the forum team to get a clear view of what the forum members want.

Pheadrus, would you mind adding a poll, just to make things a little easier?

I think a poll is a bad idea.
It's not about popular opinion.
Either the TOS have been broken, or they haven't, and whatever the process, (warnings or whatever), has been met, or not. Follow the Forum rules, period.
You don't really want to start bannings on the basis of polls, do you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Some people seem to have it in their head that I am pro-banning. I am not. I am for finding solutions that do not include banning. In beshady's case I would open a forum just for him and let him be able to post only there.

That way everyone who wants to can go there and fool around with him, and he doesn't clutter up the landscape.

When he gets bored and leaves, that section can be closed.

We have such wonderful, versatile software, almost anything can be done within a few minutes. All the things that happen and that people complain about can be dealt with one way or another without impairing anyone's freedom or speech.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
(10-09-2012 06:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Ban me instead.

Who are you?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
(10-09-2012 07:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 05:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'd say a petition would be a good way for the forum team to get a clear view of what the forum members want.

Pheadrus, would you mind adding a poll, just to make things a little easier?

I think a poll is a bad idea.
It's not about popular opinion.
Either the TOS have been broken, or they haven't, and whatever the process, (warnings or whatever), has been met, or not. Follow the Forum rules, period.
You don't really want to start bannings on the basis of polls, do you ?

Oh he'll no! The poll is to take the general temperature of the forum, not to decide whether or not to ban Bishadi.

Just visiting.

-SR
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
(10-09-2012 07:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Some people seem to have it in their head that I am pro-banning. I am not. I am for finding solutions that do not include banning. In beshady's case I would open a forum just for him and let him be able to post only there.

That way everyone who wants to can go there and fool around with him, and he doesn't clutter up the landscape.

When he gets bored and leaves, that section can be closed.

We have such wonderful, versatile software, almost anything can be done within a few minutes. All the things that happen and that people complain about can be dealt with one way or another without impairing anyone's freedom or speech.

I kind of like the sound of a Bishadi Forum. It would also serve the purpose of helping him feel better about his own personal fame as a peer-reviewed scientist. His peers can review his posts. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My