Petition to examine bans on Atheists in office.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Petition to examine bans on Atheists in office.
There is a We the Petition to examine the bans in the 7 states that keep atheist from holding office.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...e/Dwgp8qmn
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: Petition to examine bans on Atheists in office.
This makes me sad. So much hate, discrimination all wrapped up and veiled in a cloke of faith. It makes me sick and embarrassed to be an American.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-01-2013, 05:50 PM
No, no, don't be embarrassed to be an American. This is NOT a Christian nation. America stands for many things. Americans hold many truths to be self-evident. Some of them are bat-shit crazy religions that need to go right out with the garbage, but many of are real and valuable and worthwhile.

Let it make you sick. Be revolted. Be outraged. But don't make the mistake of generalizing that all Americans are like this, any more than you want Christians to make the mistake of generalizing that all atheists are immoral devil worshippers.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
24-01-2013, 06:00 PM
(24-01-2013 05:50 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  No, no, don't be embarrassed to be an American. This is NOT a Christian nation. America stands for many things. Americans hold many truths to be self-evident. Some of them are bat-shit crazy religions that need to go right out with the garbage, but many of are real and valuable and worthwhile.

Let it make you sick. Be revolted. Be outraged. But don't make the mistake of generalizing that all Americans are like this, any more than you want Christians to make the mistake of generalizing that all atheists are immoral devil worshippers.

That's immoral, baby-eating, satan worshipers. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Nah, not me. Babies are cute. Don't wanna eat them.

Does that mean I have to quit the club?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
24-01-2013, 07:06 PM
(24-01-2013 06:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Nah, not me. Babies are cute. Don't wanna eat them.

Does that mean I have to quit the club?

Yes, I am very sorry. Get out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 07:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2013 03:13 PM)witerat Wrote:  There is a We the Petition to examine the bans in the 7 states that keep atheist from holding office.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...e/Dwgp8qmn

It's a State issue not a Federal one. I've never encountered any problems with being an open atheist in both the USN and as a civilian employee in the DOD. But I was disappointed to see that the People's Republic of Maryland was on that list. We got atheists everywhere here in MD. I'm definitely gonna look into what the fuck's up with that shit. I'm hoping it's just the result of an antiquated law which everyone forgot about and we haven't bothered to reconsider 'cause it just slipped our minds. If not ... that shit may very well be the tipping point for me where I become an activist atheist instead of just a live and let live one. Thanks WaterRat. Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
24-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sad to see that the there are bans of atheists in office.

I think that athiests care about America the most. It's because of religion that people's rights are being taken away.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
25-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I doubt that they are going to reach 100,000 singers. It's worth a try anyway, I guess. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
25-01-2013, 11:48 AM
(25-01-2013 11:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I doubt that they are going to reach 100,000 singers. It's worth a try anyway, I guess. Consider

... but a few hundred in harmony might be just as good.

Drinking Beverage