Petition to reinstate Mr Woof to full member status

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2015, 01:35 PM
RE: Petition to reinstate Mr Woof to full member status
(12-05-2015 02:36 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 06:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: dpdtg.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lkh5fyKIFw1qf4tn0.gif]

what worries me tho, is that I recognized the second gif as a scene from Taylor Swift's video, and I also know that a song is called something like "We should be together"
Now...why would a 40 y/o man know such a thing? Blink

Ahem. It's "You Belong With Me" - and you know it because it won MTVs best female music video (or something like that) where Kanye West got on the stage and ranted about Beyonce's video being "the best of all time." Basically, a lot of drama.

I *might* be a Taylor Swift fan. And her "Shake it Off" *might* be my current theme song. Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2015, 01:38 PM
(19-05-2015 01:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  Section 5. First sentence.

5) No Malicious Disruption
This applies to deliberate and premeditated disruptive behavior. Controversial opinions, however, are encouraged. In the event that it is considered by the forum Administration that a person is causing excessive issues, then they will be officially warned. Failure to heed the warning will lead to temporary bans, leading up to a permanent ban if the offending behavior does not cease. Anyone who is considered to be trying to manipulate this rule to get another member banned by causing controversy around them risks falling foul of this rule themselves. Behavior of this nature is often detected through sudden increased activity on the forum.

How is changing a rep disruptive? What Woofs did in response was certainly disruptive.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-05-2015, 01:52 PM
(19-05-2015 01:21 PM)bemore Wrote:  Muffs has continously been updating woofs rep with vile hatred, he updated it recently on saturday.

Nobody cares. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Its pre meditated because muffs knows woofs has a thing for rep, it was this that has started this whole thing off if people care to remember. It was muffs changing his rep with vile abuse that got woof started on all of this.

He just shouldnt be allowed to get away with it anyway, its bullying.

How people cant see this is beyond me....

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
19-05-2015, 01:58 PM
(19-05-2015 01:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  Its pre meditated because muffs knows woofs has a thing for rep, it was this that has started this whole thing off if people care to remember. It was muffs changing his rep with vile abuse that got woof started on all of this.

That's the entire point of the rep system, to get a response to acknowledge a behavior of liked or disliked intent.

Should we have allowed the degrading tone against homosexuals that Woofs stated that inspired Muffs to call him a homophobic cunt or whatever in his rep? That's basically what I recall starting it.

Why should one be tolerated and the other not? That's the point is to allow someone to criticize a comment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-05-2015, 02:02 PM
(19-05-2015 01:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  Its pre meditated because muffs knows woofs has a thing for rep, it was this that has started this whole thing off if people care to remember. It was muffs changing his rep with vile abuse that got woof started on all of this.

You are only reading half the sentence it is not about actions being premeditated it is about them being disruptive. By your reasoning any negative rep is ban worthy. How you can't see that is beyond me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-05-2015, 02:04 PM
(19-05-2015 01:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

That's the entire point of the rep system, to get a response to acknowledge a behavior of liked or disliked intent.

Should we have allowed the degrading tone against homosexuals that Woofs stated that inspired Muffs to call him a homophobic cunt or whatever in his rep? That's basically what I recall starting it.

Why should one be tolerated and the other not? That's the point is to allow someone to criticize a comment.

Should we allow the degrading tone towards homosexuals? Yes we should, even though it would go against my own beliefs and I imagine those of many here, this place is about free speech.

Yes, you can give rep, but how many people can you point out to me that constantly update that rep with hatred apart from muffs?

Have a think about this, if instead of updating his rep, he sent them via PM, would that be allowed to continue do you think?

19-05-2015, 02:08 PM

Then maybe Woof should have sent a PM to an Admin about that he's being bullied instead of bothering the rest of the forum with it every single month. I've had my share of silly feuds here too, mostly resolved or indefinitely dormant; I never made any of them public arguments or battlefields.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
19-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Here is how I remember it all starting.

Woofs stated his opinion, he is much older than most of us and has lived a different life to us, being taught different values and morals about his views on homosexuality.

People disagreed including mufffs. However out of all the peoole who disagreed with woofs only one member has gone on a mission to keep reminding woofs how much he hates him. This started off the inital arguement from woofs side about rep.

How long ago was this? Over a year ago, maybe more, yet muffs keeps on doing what he does.

Do you think muffs actions on woofs rep is healthy for the forum? I dont, because we are having these problems we are discussing now.

Im not sticking up for woofs, yes he has to take responsibilityfor his own actions. However you need to stop muffs from doing what he does, because it isnt actually helping the situation is it?

[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
19-05-2015, 02:24 PM
(19-05-2015 02:19 PM)bemore Wrote:  Here is how I remember it all starting.

Woofs stated his opinion, he is much older than most of us and has lived a different life to us, being taught different values and morals about his views on homosexuality.

People disagreed including mufffs. However out of all the peoole who disagreed with woofs only one member has gone on a mission to keep reminding woofs how much he hates him. This started off the inital arguement from woofs side about rep.

How long ago was this? Over a year ago, maybe more, yet muffs keeps on doing what he does.

Do you think muffs actions on woofs rep is healthy for the forum? I dont, because we are having these problems we are discussing now.

Im not sticking up for woofs, yes he has to take responsibilityfor his own actions. However you need to stop muffs from doing what he does, because it isnt actually helping the situation is it?

No we don't need to stop Muffs actions as they are perfectly within the forum rules. As long as you have a rep system that allows negative reps there will be conflict. Woofs response to this has been overblown and hysterical and has grown more so over time. So either we scrap the rep system or Woofs grows the fuck up or gets banned.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post