Petition to reinstate Mr Woof to full member status

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Petition to reinstate Mr Woof to full member status
(09-05-2015 12:59 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't think I was here for this. What went down with Woof? If it's a bit of a long story, maybe a PM? Otherwise, eh -- I don't know.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah, I'm totally in the dark about this. Though I thought his wife was using his account to post here?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 06:42 AM
All Woof has to do to be reinstated is to drop the whole thing and participate without his passive-aggressive asides in threads that have nothing to do with his issues or his partial banning.

It's really that simple.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I dunno....brown is pretty harsh though. Maybe aqua or something else not so attractive, but brown? No

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Girly, this is beyond stupid.
He was told by the admins to stop doing something and he continued to do it anyway.
The admins have been more than fair to him. Hell, he create a sock puppet account ffs.

He (and you) should be thankful he hasn't been perma-banned already.
He's more than old enough to understand that his actions have consequences but he insists on continuing to have this tantrum.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
09-05-2015, 09:59 AM
(09-05-2015 08:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Girly, this is beyond stupid.
He was told by the admins to stop doing something and he continued to do it anyway.
The admins have been more than fair to him. Hell, he create a sock puppet account ffs.

He's more than old enough to understand that his actions have consequences but he insists on continuing to have this tantrum.

Okey dokey then. Guess you'd rather him derailing otherwise nice clean threads bitching about his limited abilities then. Guess Ma&Pa could permaban him but derailing threads never been grounds for retribution before (or you and me would've been gone long ago).

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2015, 10:10 AM
(09-05-2015 09:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 08:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Girly, this is beyond stupid.

Okey dokey then. Guess you'd rather him derailing otherwise nice clean threads bitching about his limited abilities then. Guess Ma&Pa could permaban him but derailing threads never been grounds for retribution before (or you and me would've been gone long ago).

Seems strange to reward him for being disruptive and unrepentant is all.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-05-2015, 10:54 AM
(09-05-2015 10:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 09:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okey dokey then. Guess you'd rather him derailing otherwise nice clean threads bitching about his limited abilities then. Guess Ma&Pa could permaban him but derailing threads never been grounds for retribution before (or you and me would've been gone long ago).

Seems strange to reward him for being disruptive and unrepentant is all.

Look at it this way. If you restore Woofie to full member status you increase the odds that he will do something stupid enough to get permabanned.

#sigh
09-05-2015, 11:02 AM
(09-05-2015 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 10:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Seems strange to reward him for being disruptive and unrepentant is all.

Look at it this way. If you restore Woofie to full member status you increase the odds that he will do something stupid enough to get permabanned.

I don't want him permabanned. I think he acts like a jackass from time to time and is far too obsessed with his and everyone else's rep but I don't think he needs to be banished and the current state of affairs keeps him from doing the things that will result in a banning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-05-2015, 11:28 AM
As I said, the lifting of any type of restrictions is firmly in Woof's control. He's a grown man. He can fix this but it's not going to be through a half-assed apology but through his behavior over time.

He couldn't vote in a poll...he is still here and able to post. Seems like in light of many things he has been given many chances and a fair opportunity to have his semi-ban lifted.

Stark and moms will do what's right when the time is right.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-05-2015, 11:39 AM
(09-05-2015 11:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  He couldn't vote in a poll...

I have a feeling that was an unintended consequence. No new thread starting I can understand but I'm pretty sure not being able to participate in polls was an unintended happenstance consequence that went along with his probation that nobody realized until he pointed it out. Hell, DeepThought himself probably didn't realize it.

#sigh