Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac
(10-01-2013 05:18 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Consider Consider

Interesting. If correct, you do have a right justification. But, I would like to see such posts. Can you link me to one? And posts where you told him to stop.

Did you make it clear that if he didn't stop he would be banned for harassment? The last question is only to see how official this system worked.

Look for them yourself I don't have the time to go searching threads just to keep you happy.
Determining rule violations is up to the admins not you.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
10-01-2013, 05:23 AM
(10-01-2013 05:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:05 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  So there you have it. Rule-breaking harassment coupled with with ignoring moderators' cease and desist warnings.

Banned for good reason.

Sure, the actual application of the ban was premature but the justification was solid. Bringing him back now would be a little bit catching a murder on video, with perfect clarity and unquestionable identity of the murderer, but releasing him because the arresting cop skipped a few words in the Miranda rights. Yeah, I know, that would actually get a murderer back on the streets in an American court, even though everyone releasing him would absolutely know he was guilty and absolutely know they were putting a murderer on the street.

And later, when that murderer kills someone else, everyone who let him go would suffer awful guilt for it.

The difference here is, this isn't a courtroom. We don't have to do stupid things and suffer later. We can do the right thing, right now. The justification for the ban was solid, the ban should not be lifted on a technicality.
Hold the fuck up. I don't just take a mods word for it. I want to know how exactly this happened. I am sorry if I am being too doubtful, but I WILL not take anyone's word for it until I am sure that this was a good justification.

As to your murder analogy. First of all, it wasn't a minor thing that they did. They sentenced him and then made the justification. That is not anything like reading the Miranda rights wrong. This is not a murder case, and therefor should not be as severe as you are talking about.

There are fucking rules, and while they might be tedious and they might get in the way, it is basic decency to FOLLOW them.

At the end of the day we are all guests here. It is not a right to be on this forum, it is a privilege. You do not own this site. I do not own this site. I do not own the moderator staff and neither do you. Getting upset over a judgment call made by the moderator staff on the forum you are a guest on is not going to change anything. You should know as well as I that getting riled up and spewing out cuss words and demanding justifications for stuff (which happened privately over PM and is none of my business or your business what was said) that was private is unfair. If there were private things about you and someone sent you private messages to harass you and judgment calls were made from the moderator staff it would be unfair of me to demand to know what happened as it would be none of my business.

I'm trying to offer you perhaps a different way of looking at this, because you and I are both on the user end of this while they are on the moderator side. However, I've owned and ran forums before, what happens over pm stays over PM (assuming the staff cares about user privacy). If it was deemed as harassment to anjele, or if the staff deemed it as harassment... it is what it is.

You're personalizing a matter that did not affect you adversely. You can still continue to enjoy the forums just as much as you did before. Continue to post as you did before. If you choose to.

The mods are well aware of the community and the various opinions on the matter (as I'm sure you and I can see in this thread). If you don't agree you don't have to post here. I don't have to post here. None of us do. Whether or not you continue is your choice, however, we are still both guests here. I have mixed feelings about the entire situation, but I'm not a moderator and I didn't have to make a judgment call. They did what they felt was best, and if they don't feel it was best they'll make sure it's handled differently in the future. It's how we learn. I fail to see how unbanning him for the entire issue of previous rules will change anything. The situation that was here prior will continue and he'll end up getting himself banned anyway, for harassment, or for trolling, or some other reason. Do you really think he'll stick around and contribute to the forums?

Is it really more important that the mods care more about letting things run rampant and people not enjoying the forums here at the expense of following the rules in a black and white manner? Is it more important that they understand the gray areas for the benefit of the community? Is the community who it is because of stringent rules, or is it for another reason or reasons?

I would say take a step back from your keyboard and calm down, give it some time and come back in an hour or something. Emotionally charged posts generally end up not reflecting things so well, and you should know as well as I do that we don't always think at our clearest when we're that way.

[/Devil's advocate.]
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-01-2013, 05:23 AM
(10-01-2013 05:22 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:18 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Consider Consider

Interesting. If correct, you do have a right justification. But, I would like to see such posts. Can you link me to one? And posts where you told him to stop.

Did you make it clear that if he didn't stop he would be banned for harassment? The last question is only to see how official this system worked.

Look for them yourself I don't have the time to go searching threads just to keep you happy.
Determining rule violations is up to the admins not you.
Alright, I was doing so, but I am not finding any "Stop, dude you are harassing and if you continue you will be banned" posts.

I never said I make the decisions. I am only trying to keep it fair. If bad people are in power, bad things are sure to follow.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-01-2013, 05:30 AM
(10-01-2013 05:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Alright, I was doing so, but I am not finding any "Stop, dude you are harassing and if you continue you will be banned" posts.

I never said I make the decisions. I am only trying to keep it fair. If bad people are in power, bad things are sure to follow.

Of course you won't see a post saying that. We PM'd him.

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
10-01-2013, 05:32 AM
(10-01-2013 05:30 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Alright, I was doing so, but I am not finding any "Stop, dude you are harassing and if you continue you will be banned" posts.

Of course you won't see a post saying that. We PM'd him.
Interesting.

So, there is no way to prove that you did, other than trusting you?

Well, alright, it seems like I can only go on your word.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-01-2013, 05:39 AM
(10-01-2013 05:32 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Interesting.

Why the fuck should I have to prove anything just to keep you happy?.

He was pm'd. Continued after it and was banned for it. Believe it or don't either way I don't care which one you chose. But stamping your feet and posting this im leaving shit just because we aren't bending over backwards to keep you happy is childish.

[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
10-01-2013, 05:44 AM
(10-01-2013 05:39 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:32 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Interesting.

Why the fuck should I have to prove anything just to keep you happy?.

He was pm'd. Continued after it and was banned for it. Believe it or don't either way I don't care which one you chose. But stamping your feet and posting this im leaving shit just because we aren't bending over backwards to keep you happy is childish.
This isn't about me being happy, this is about things being fair. Why the fuck should you prove anything? Oh, I don't know, maybe so I can see your side finally? So I can get behind this ban and leave this issue in the grave? Jesus Christ man. So, Buddy DIDN'T take things into his own hands? He banned him because of harassment? It didn't seem that way at the time. It seemed like Buddy had gotten tired and sick of FZUMEDIA and he banned him. If I remembered correctly, you guys hadn't decided what to do with FZUMEDIA at the time.

10-01-2013, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 05:56 AM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(10-01-2013 05:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:05 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  So there you have it. Rule-breaking harassment coupled with with ignoring moderators' cease and desist warnings.

Banned for good reason.

Sure, the actual application of the ban was premature but the justification was solid. Bringing him back now would be a little bit catching a murder on video, with perfect clarity and unquestionable identity of the murderer, but releasing him because the arresting cop skipped a few words in the Miranda rights. Yeah, I know, that would actually get a murderer back on the streets in an American court, even though everyone releasing him would absolutely know he was guilty and absolutely know they were putting a murderer on the street.

And later, when that murderer kills someone else, everyone who let him go would suffer awful guilt for it.

The difference here is, this isn't a courtroom. We don't have to do stupid things and suffer later. We can do the right thing, right now. The justification for the ban was solid, the ban should not be lifted on a technicality.
Hold the fuck up. I don't just take a mods word for it. I want to know how exactly this happened. I am sorry if I am being too doubtful, but I WILL not take anyone's word for it until I am sure that this was a good justification.

As to your murder analogy. First of all, it wasn't a minor thing that they did. They sentenced him and then made the justification. That is not anything like reading the Miranda rights wrong. This is not a murder case, and therefor should not be as severe as you are talking about.

There are fucking rules, and while they might be tedious and they might get in the way, it is basic decency to FOLLOW them.
You hold the fuck up. See, I can randomly inject invective into my posts too - does it make me seem more credible to you?

Whose word will you take for it? Must every moderator on every forum in which you participate check with you first for final say on whom to ban? You participate in a forum, you accept the rules of that forum, and you accept that the forum has moderators responsible for enforcing the rules.

Those moderators are not accountable to you, no matter how much vituperation you spew at them.

If you think the moderators of a certain forum are unfair, then speak your piece. If they change, then good for you; you made a difference. If they don't change, then leave the forum. Either way, they are still not accountable to you.

You are right about the rules. Pardon me, fucking rules. They should have been followed. They weren't. The offender has been reprimanded and stripped of his banning privilege. Nevertheless, FZUMedia violated the harassment rules and ignored moderators' instructions to desist. His ban was justified.

Still without having to be accountable to you.

So now you've spoken your piece. It's time to accept the fact that this time, you didn't make a difference. Accept that and stick around or don't accept that and leave. Your ongoing tirade of vilification is accomplishing nothing at this point.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 05:50 AM
First of all, Logisch. I desperately want to type "Fuck off" in my keyboard. In fact, I have done so many times during the course of this discussion. I have restrained myself because I realize that it would be nonproductive and unhelpful. Just because the forum team says it was justified does not in anyway mean it is justified unless they can prove it to be under the set of rules at the time the offense was committed. Sure we are guests here, and I have already stated my leave from this forum, but I keep coming back because I liked the way this forum ran. They tolerated Assholes and trolls. This forum valued(past tense) free speech. I liked the way they handled things. I don't like the way they decided to handle this.

I am using my free speech to voice my outrage that he was banned prematurely and everyone seems to think that it's fine. Fuck that shit. Everybody deserves a fair shake. Am I taking this personally? Maybe. Is it because of FZUMEDIA? Nope. It's because this forum is important to me, and I hate the way this situation was handled. It was disgusting that people called for a ban on a guy who was more or less being a dick. Am I saying that FZUMEDIA was not being a dick? Nope. He sure was. Do I think he should have been banned for being a dick? Nope, this place had shown to have been better than that. All I am saying is that there are rules. The mods and the guests as well should follow the rules set up. The ban did not follow the rules.

Now, as to the harassment part, he might have been banned soon, but this whole thing stinks of finding a justification after the action was taken.

Should he be banned? Not unless he breaks any of the rules that we all had agreed to. Even the mods agreed to follow the rules that have been set up. The only reason I am keeping on with this post is the fact that I LIKED this forum. I LIKED what it stood for. I LIKE THE RULES of this forum. When somebody decides to think " Fuck the rules, Imma take shit into my own hands and ban people early." It makes me think that there was a lapse in judgement. And the fact that this issue has caused a lot of people to leave (one of whom was me.) it seems like some people didn't agree. Yeah, sure. Perhaps that doesn't matter, but I think it should be noted that this issue this very heated.

I am saying that he was unfairly banned before a judgement was made. He was sentenced early. He should have had a fair shake and he shouldn't have been banned until the decision was made up. You( Admins) have the power to correct what was done, but you choose not to because "He was going to be banned anyways".

That might be cool for you guys, hell it might be cool for all of you guys, but it is not, nor ever will be cool for me. This is why I left, this forum has simply become something I don't like.

See ya once again.

10-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Whose word will you take for it? Must every banning on every forum in which you participate check with you first for final say on whom to ban? You participate in a forum, you accept the rules of that forum, and you accept that the forum has moderators responsible for enforcing the rules.
I never said they had to check with me. I am saying the have rules that they should follow. I accept the rules of posting on this forum, because the rules are, in my opinion, very fair. I follow the rules, but do the mods? Consider