Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac
Hughsie pointed out earlier in this thread that the previous admin was going to ban him. Buddy banned him without he admins say so which is where the issue lies.

Go look at fzu's posts and you will see he ignored the pm. The pm was sent to him sometime between him sending ang the pm and him continuing making posts aimed at her. He was given a fair chance and blew it.

The rule violation was clear he was givn a chance and ignored it.

The ban stands whether you like it or not.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 05:58 AM
(10-01-2013 05:52 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
Quote:
Whose word will you take for it? Must every banning on every forum in which you participate check with you first for final say on whom to ban? You participate in a forum, you accept the rules of that forum, and you accept that the forum has moderators responsible for enforcing the rules.
I never said they had to check with me. I am saying the have rules that they should follow. I accept the rules of posting on this forum, because the rules are, in my opinion, very fair. I follow the rules, but do the mods? Consider
That's my point. You said "I don't just take a mods word for it. ". So whose word will you take for it? If not a moderator's word, then whose? You're demanding to see records, posts, private PMs, all to satisfy your doubt about whether the rules were followed - if that's not demanding that they check with you (in this case, after the fact, but what about next time, and the time after that?), then I'm not sure what is.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Can I just say, at the end of the day I'm here because some of the people are alright not because the rules say this that or the other.

So you're leaving because this guy was banned Ato, even though you feel it was unjustified, confuses me.
What does this piece of shit getting banned with your enjoyment of this forum?
We're still the same people.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-01-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 06:04 AM by Atothetheist.)
(10-01-2013 05:56 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hughsie pointed out earlier in this thread that the previous admin was going to ban him. Buddy banned him without he admins say so which is where the issue lies.

Go look at fzu's posts and you will see he ignored the pm. The pm was sent to him sometime between him sending ang the pm and him continuing making posts aimed at her. He was given a fair chance and blew it.

The rule violation was clear he was givn a chance and ignored it.

The ban stands whether you like it or not.

I wouldn't expect anything different from you. I can't see if he ignored the PM, since I have it only on your word that the PM was sent. I am still looking through his posts and I will see how bad he really was.

And I would have been fine with the ban if it had a proper justification, but the ban didn't at the time, and then there was no attempt to fix what went wrong.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-01-2013, 06:02 AM
(10-01-2013 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Can I just say, at the end of the day I'm here because some of the people are alright not because the rules say this that or the other.

So you're leaving because this guy was banned Ato, even though you feel it was unjustified, confuses me.
When this forum doesn't own up and admit it was a mistake to ban him, and then doesn't attempt to FIX it, I will not be happy with the leaders of this forum.

It's not most of you guys that made me leave, it is how this team handled this issue and still continues to do so.

10-01-2013, 06:06 AM
(10-01-2013 06:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Can I just say, at the end of the day I'm here because some of the people are alright not because the rules say this that or the other.

When this forum doesn't own up and admit it was a mistake to ban him, and then doesn't attempt to FIX it, I will not be happy with the leaders of this forum.

It's not most of you guys that made me leave, it is how this team handled this issue and still continues to do so.
Yeah but you're not understanding what I typed.
How does that relate to your enjoyment of the forum in the sense that I am still me, the others are still the others etc..

At the end of the day we're here because of the people, not the rules.

What about the people has changed to warrant you leaving?
FSM_Scot is still Scot, Hughsie is still Hughsie etc..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-01-2013, 06:06 AM
(10-01-2013 05:58 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:52 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I never said they had to check with me. I am saying the have rules that they should follow. I accept the rules of posting on this forum, because the rules are, in my opinion, very fair. I follow the rules, but do the mods? Consider
That's my point. You said "I don't just take a mods word for it. ". So whose word will you take for it? If not a moderator's word, then whose? You're demanding to see records, posts, private PMs, all to satisfy your doubt about whether the rules were followed - if that's not demanding that they check with you (in this case, after the fact, but what about next time, and the time after that?), then I'm not sure what is.
He was saying a PM was sent, I want to actually know if it was. That's all. If it was sent and he ignored it, then there should have been no discussion on whether or not he should be banned and the whole incident would have been avoided. Instead they were discussing the issue at length, I assume, and still hadn't gotten a clear cut reason for the ban when Buddy took it into his own hands.

10-01-2013, 06:09 AM
(10-01-2013 06:06 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:58 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  That's my point. You said "I don't just take a mods word for it. ". So whose word will you take for it? If not a moderator's word, then whose? You're demanding to see records, posts, private PMs, all to satisfy your doubt about whether the rules were followed - if that's not demanding that they check with you (in this case, after the fact, but what about next time, and the time after that?), then I'm not sure what is.
He was saying a PM was sent, I want to actually know if it was. That's all. If it was sent and he ignored it, then there should have been no discussion on whether or not he should be banned and the whole incident would have been avoided. Instead they were discussing the issue at length, I assume, and still hadn't gotten a clear cut reason for the ban when Buddy took it into his own hands.
Maybe by "discussing" they mean they sent PMs to each other because they weren't all online. You know, the kind of discussion that takes a long time because people were offline right at that moment. It was already stated that some of them were offline at the moment the banning actually happened, so clearly the discussion was still taking place, one PM at a time.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-01-2013, 06:09 AM
(10-01-2013 06:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  When this forum doesn't own up and admit it was a mistake to ban him, and then doesn't attempt to FIX it, I will not be happy with the leaders of this forum.

Yeah but you're not understanding what I typed.
How does that relate to your enjoyment of the forum in the sense that I am still me, the others are still the others etc..

At the end of the day we're here because of the people, not the rules.

What about the people has changed to warrant you leaving?
FSM_Scot is still Scot, Hughsie is still Hughsie etc..
The issue was handled badly, it was handled by people whom I thought would know better. It surprised me that the ban stood and that some people are voicing an opinion which denies the free speech of others.

10-01-2013, 06:10 AM
(10-01-2013 06:09 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:06 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  He was saying a PM was sent, I want to actually know if it was. That's all. If it was sent and he ignored it, then there should have been no discussion on whether or not he should be banned and the whole incident would have been avoided. Instead they were discussing the issue at length, I assume, and still hadn't gotten a clear cut reason for the ban when Buddy took it into his own hands.
Maybe by "discussing" they mean they sent PMs to each other because they weren't all online. You know, the kind of discussion that takes a long time because people were offline right at that moment. It was already stated that some of them were offline at the moment the banning actually happened, so clearly the "discussion" was still taking place, one PM at a time.
They have the forum team matters thread, there was no need to send PMs to eachother.