Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac
(10-01-2013 06:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yeah but you're not understanding what I typed.
How does that relate to your enjoyment of the forum in the sense that I am still me, the others are still the others etc..

At the end of the day we're here because of the people, not the rules.

What about the people has changed to warrant you leaving?
FSM_Scot is still Scot, Hughsie is still Hughsie etc..
The issue was handled badly, it was handled by people whom I thought would know better. It surprised me that the ban stood and that some people are voicing an opinion which denies the free speech of others.

So a couple people might have made a mistake and so you instantly dismiss them?
Humans are human.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 06:20 AM by Atothetheist.)
(10-01-2013 06:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The issue was handled badly, it was handled by people whom I thought would know better. It surprised me that the ban stood and that some people are voicing an opinion which denies the free speech of others.

So a couple people might have made a mistake and so you instantly dismiss them?
Humans are human.
Yeah, you're right. They might have made a mistake, and that should be allowed. But they have the chance to fix it, and they are not doing so. That is the main thing.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-01-2013, 06:13 AM
(10-01-2013 06:11 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So a couple people might have made a mistake and so you instantly dismiss them?
Humans are human.
Yeah, you're right. They made a mistake, and that should be allowed. But they have the chance to fix it, and they are not doing so. That is the main thing.
I said "might" of made a mistake.
Don't misquote me please.

10-01-2013, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 06:17 AM by FSM_scot.)
Again why should we need to prove anything to keep you happy?

Why should I go digging up a private message just to stop your bitching?

He broke a rule was given a chance chose not to use the chance so was removed.

Edit. A2 there was no mistake. The only reason discussion continued is because the admin wasn't here to make the ban because it was over Xmas and he has a life outside this forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-01-2013, 06:14 AM
(10-01-2013 06:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:11 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yeah, you're right. They made a mistake, and that should be allowed. But they have the chance to fix it, and they are not doing so. That is the main thing.
I said "might" of made a mistake.
Don't misquote me please.
My bad, it was on accident.

I will edit.

10-01-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 06:24 AM by earmuffs.)
The overriding point I am getting at Ato is that one disagreement with someone shouldn't immediately dismiss (and forgive me for sounding cheesy) the good times.

You stuck around to talk, discuss, take part in conversation etc.. you had a disagreement over this shit storm, but does it hinder "those good times" from happening in the future? No, because like I said, we're all the same people.
You shouldnt drop and give up everything over one disagreement.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-01-2013, 06:18 AM
(10-01-2013 06:13 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Again why should we need to prove anything to keep you happy?

I am answering a question as to why I left. This is not about why I should be kept happy. I left because of the poor way this was handled. I left because some of the people I liked were all for banning people for being assholes. I left because this forum is not how it was. I am not asking you to make me happy, I am simply asking why should I believe you. You say you sent a PM, but the issue should have been immediately clear once he ignored it, and there would have been no reason for this shit to go down.

He was removed prematurely, and the justification was added on later. That's sentencing first and then tacking on the offense later.

10-01-2013, 06:19 AM
(10-01-2013 06:13 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Again why should we need to prove anything to keep you happy?

Edit. A2 there was no mistake. The only reason discussion continued is because the admin wasn't here to make the ban because it was over Xmas and he has a life outside this forum.
Alright, so that was what it was for?

Stark was away and you couldn't have made a decision. Alright. That's cool.

10-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Free speech. That's a fun concept, isn't it.

Go watch the most recent episode of The Atheist Experience. Matt and Tracie have a good discussion about free speech. They point out that while the government (US) guarantees free speech, that only applies to public areas. It's non-existent when you enter a private area. You cannot, for example, go into a store and shout and scream and cuss and make an ass of yourself. They can legally call security or the local police and have you kicked out or even arrested. You can't scream "fire" in a movie theater. You can't scream "bomb" in an airport. In fact, anything you say that incites a riot can be cause for legal action even though it seemed like you had free speech to say it.

Even in public areas, certain "free speech" can get you arrested. For example, if I walk up to you on a public street and tell you I am going to get my gun and shoot you in the head until you're dead, that's assault (I don't have to actually do it for it to be assault, just he threat of it is assault) and I can be arrested and convicted of assault just for saying it.

Likewise, if you walk up to a police officer in real life and say the things to him, using the tone and words you used on this thread with FSM_Scott, that police officer would have you in cuffs and hauled off to jail for assaulting a police officer - just swearing at them and dropping F-bombs can get you a night in lockup.

So "free speech" is somewhat overrated. There are just some things you can't do.

FZU did those things. Here on a private forum. Even without the harassment, that's enough if the mods want to take action, they're within their legal rights to do so because it's a private forum. I guarantee you if FZU had behaved like that in a WalMart, creating that much aggravation and irritation for a bunch of random WalMart customers, the store would have kicked him out long before the mods here did - that kind of crap is bad for business.

It's bad for business here, too.

You're doing them here yourself. And you're not banned. I guarantee that your tone and language here on this thread would get you locked up saying them to a cop and would get you thrown out of WalMart saying them to store security, but the mods here are being tolerant.

They don't have to.

You might think about that a little and give them credit where it's due.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 06:22 AM
(10-01-2013 06:20 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Free speech. That's a fun concept, isn't it.

Go watch the most recent episode of The Atheist Experience. Matt and Tracie have a good discussion about free speech. They point out that while the government (US) guarantees free speech, that only applies to public areas. It's non-existent when you enter a private area. You cannot, for example, go into a store and shout and scream and cuss and make an ass of yourself. They can legally call security or the local police and have you kicked out or even arrested. You can't scream "fire" in a movie theater. You can't scream "bomb" in an airport. In fact, anything you say that incites a riot can be cause for legal action even though it seemed like you had free speech to say it.

Even in public areas, certain "free speech" can get you arrested. For example, if I walk up to you on a public street and tell you I am going to get my gun and shoot you in the head until you're dead, that's assault (I don't have to actually do it for it to be assault, just he threat of it is assault) and I can be arrested and convicted of assault just for saying it.

Likewise, if you walk up to a police officer in real life and say the things to him, using the tone and words you used on this thread with FSM_Scott, that police officer would have you in cuffs and hauled off to jail for assaulting a police officer - just swearing at them and dropping F-bombs can get you a night in lockup.

So "free speech" is somewhat overrated. There are just some things you can't do.

FZU did those things. Here on a private forum. Even without the harassment, that's enough if the mods want to take action, they're within their legal rights to do so because it's a private forum. I guarantee you if FZU had behaved like that in a WalMart, creating that much aggravation and irritation for a bunch of random WalMart customers, the store would have kicked him out long before the mods here did - that kind of crap is bad for business.

It's bad for business here, too.

You're doing them here yourself. And you're not banned. I guarantee that your tone and language here on this thread would get you locked up saying them to a cop and would get you thrown out of WalMart saying them to store security, but the mods here are being tolerant.

They don't have to.

You might think about that a little and give them credit where it's due.
Then mods, please ban me. Go ahead and do it, because I will not, nor can not give credit when shit was fucked up.

So, by all means please ban hammer me.