Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 06:23 AM
RE: Petition to unban the FuzzyManiac
(10-01-2013 06:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:09 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Maybe by "discussing" they mean they sent PMs to each other because they weren't all online. You know, the kind of discussion that takes a long time because people were offline right at that moment. It was already stated that some of them were offline at the moment the banning actually happened, so clearly the "discussion" was still taking place, one PM at a time.
They have the forum team matters thread, there was no need to send PMs to eachother.
Fine, thread, PMs, whatever, if they're not online it still takes time. Other than nitpicking a detail, does your response change anything I said?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 06:25 AM
(10-01-2013 06:22 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:20 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Free speech. That's a fun concept, isn't it.

Go watch the most recent episode of The Atheist Experience. Matt and Tracie have a good discussion about free speech. They point out that while the government (US) guarantees free speech, that only applies to public areas. It's non-existent when you enter a private area. You cannot, for example, go into a store and shout and scream and cuss and make an ass of yourself. They can legally call security or the local police and have you kicked out or even arrested. You can't scream "fire" in a movie theater. You can't scream "bomb" in an airport. In fact, anything you say that incites a riot can be cause for legal action even though it seemed like you had free speech to say it.

Even in public areas, certain "free speech" can get you arrested. For example, if I walk up to you on a public street and tell you I am going to get my gun and shoot you in the head until you're dead, that's assault (I don't have to actually do it for it to be assault, just he threat of it is assault) and I can be arrested and convicted of assault just for saying it.

Likewise, if you walk up to a police officer in real life and say the things to him, using the tone and words you used on this thread with FSM_Scott, that police officer would have you in cuffs and hauled off to jail for assaulting a police officer - just swearing at them and dropping F-bombs can get you a night in lockup.

So "free speech" is somewhat overrated. There are just some things you can't do.

FZU did those things. Here on a private forum. Even without the harassment, that's enough if the mods want to take action, they're within their legal rights to do so because it's a private forum. I guarantee you if FZU had behaved like that in a WalMart, creating that much aggravation and irritation for a bunch of random WalMart customers, the store would have kicked him out long before the mods here did - that kind of crap is bad for business.

It's bad for business here, too.

You're doing them here yourself. And you're not banned. I guarantee that your tone and language here on this thread would get you locked up saying them to a cop and would get you thrown out of WalMart saying them to store security, but the mods here are being tolerant.

They don't have to.

You might think about that a little and give them credit where it's due.
Then mods, please ban me. Go ahead and do it, because I will not, nor can not give credit when shit was fucked up.

So, by all means please ban hammer me.
You got that from my post?

Dude, get some sleep, consume a beverage or two, get laid, relax. You're awfully wound up.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-01-2013, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 06:46 AM by Atothetheist.)
(10-01-2013 06:23 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  They have the forum team matters thread, there was no need to send PMs to eachother.
Fine, thread, PMs, whatever, if they're not online it still takes time. Other than nitpicking a detail, does your response change anything I said?
Yeah, it could be way faster than PMs. They had two admins at the time I believe and they could have contacted both, or either. Erx was probably available. It should be clear cut, and from what is shown, it wasn't.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-01-2013, 06:26 AM
And the melt down continues.

No one is learning a thing.

Like that this is a great forum and we matter to each other more than all this crap intitated by one person?

I can see there are more melt downs in the future til everyone figures out why this forum is a good place.

I am outta this discussion.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-01-2013, 06:27 AM
(10-01-2013 06:25 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 06:22 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Then mods, please ban me. Go ahead and do it, because I will not, nor can not give credit when shit was fucked up.

So, by all means please ban hammer me.
You got that from my post?

Dude, get some sleep, consume a beverage or two, get laid, relax. You're awfully wound up.
If I am acting like an asshole, I should get banned, correct?

I am sure some of you people would definitely agree with me.

So, if I am being an ass, you guys should ban me.

10-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Both stark and erx were away. The decision to ban rests on the admin and the admin alone. If the admin isn't here a ban shouldn't happen even if the mods decide its the best action. You talk about rules followed. That's exactly what we did. Buddy didn't follow this which is why his mod position was removed.

I never said I sent him the pm. And when he ignored the pm the issue was clear I covered it in the paragraph above.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-01-2013, 06:46 AM
(10-01-2013 06:28 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Both stark and erx were away. The decision to ban rests on the admin and the admin alone. If the admin isn't here a ban shouldn't happen even if the mods decide its the best action. You talk about rules followed. That's exactly what we did. Buddy didn't follow this which is why his mod position was removed.

I never said I sent him the pm. And when he ignored the pm the issue was clear I covered it in the paragraph above.
There was still a fuck up. I like that you guys tried to follow the rules, but that doesn't change the fact that he was banned prematurely. You said it yourself, he was banned by Buddy's actions which was against the rules. You kept him banned because he had violated the rules even though the admin didn't give the go ahead.

Now that you are admin, you are keeping him banned. You have all rights to do so, but I won't be a part of it until either somebody tries to fix the mistake, I.E the banning, or B somebody has to apologize to Frazer. What he did was wrong, but what Buddy did was wrong as well.

I am not saying you have to do this. You are freely entitled to do whatever the fuck you want.

I just am not going to be a part of it. I am washing my hands from the mistake and moving on.

P.S you should probably ban me.

10-01-2013, 06:48 AM
*what I said in my last post*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
(10-01-2013 06:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The overriding point I am getting at Ato is that one disagreement with someone shouldn't immediately dismiss (and forgive me for sounding cheesy) the good times.

You stuck around to talk, discuss, take part in conversation etc.. you had a disagreement over this shit storm, but does it hinder "those good times" from happening in the future? No, because like I said, we're all the same people.
You shouldnt drop and give up everything over one disagreement.
I stuck around because I liked the atmosphere as well as the people. This atmosphere has been ruined and there are people I disagree with here. As long as the mistake is still here and nothing is done about it, I won't be here.

That is all I am saying.

10-01-2013, 06:53 AM
there was no mistake. yes buddy banned him prematurely. but he was getting banned when the admin came back. the ban was happening anyway but was just carried out by the wrong person. lifting the ban just to ban him by an admin so it will be done by the right person is totally pointless.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]