Pets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Pets
Who loves animals? I don't know if I could do without pets. My fiancee and I have three cats, a fish tank, cockatiel, and my real buddy, a bearded dragon. Who else out there is a pet lover? What do you have?

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 12:11 AM
RE: Pets
Hello there! I am a pet lover too Big Grin, I have 1 canary left, 2 parakeets and 2 red ear sliders.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2011, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2011 12:29 AM by No J..)
Can't have pets I the building I live in. I did have cats in the past. Cats are more in tune with how I am than dogs are, so for me, they are better pets. Just my personality.

Master Rottweiler, what is a red ear slider? /// I just googled it. We (my brother, sister and me) had a turtle when we were young, but I don't remember ever hearing the name you used.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
18-02-2011, 12:39 AM
CATS CATS CATS!!! I've had experiences raising other animals but have always lived with cats. I even claim to have been raised by cats, due to my birth family not having much to do with my raising except keeping a roof over my head which also housed cats. I learned a lot of soial standards by interactions with the cats.

I'm not the most insane cat lady but, I do have an unnusual affinity to cats which exemplifies itself in things like BDSM and Anthropomorphism. It's really not that big of a deal though because everyone is crazy in some way. As long as we let our craziness be shown in harmless ways who should care?

I will always view other animals above humans, since I know for a fact the general human I meet considers other animals lower than them. Though that doesn't make me a vegitarian. Like the cats that raised me, a natural lifestyle means eating what you're able to. I'm a philosophical omnivore and eat whatever I happen to desire because that's how I was made. And, if needed, I could hunt, because I feel nothing wrong with being on the same level as the rest of the world (I just wouldn't use a gun).

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I own a smart and kind Chocolate coloured Labrador. Heart
I followed (we BOTH followed) a course on dog behaviour an one on senth tracker.This was very interesting.

Since then I have a more compete worldview and I am amazed what the animal teaches me on human behaviour. Dogs are all emotion and no reason. If you learn how to read its body language, you can in many cases, apply the cause and effect to humans as well. As for the scent tracking, Observing the dogs behaviour while she is on a track gives me an exited feeling. I's like I'm getting an insight in an invisible world or dimension. Awesome!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
18-02-2011, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2011 04:42 AM by MasterRottweiler.)
(18-02-2011 12:24 AM)No J. Wrote:  Master Rottweiler, what is a red ear slider? /// I just googled it. We (my brother, sister and me) had a turtle when we were young, but I don't remember ever hearing the name you used.

Ohh I see, well here in Mexico we know them as Tortugas de Río (River Turtles) but I used the common name in order to be more specific.

(18-02-2011 12:39 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I will always view other animals above humans, since I know for a fact the general human I meet considers other animals lower than them. Though that doesn't make me a vegitarian. Like the cats that raised me, a natural lifestyle means eating what you're able to. I'm a philosophical omnivore and eat whatever I happen to desire because that's how I was made. And, if needed, I could hunt, because I feel nothing wrong with being on the same level as the rest of the world (I just wouldn't use a gun).

Yes Lilith, I know what you mean, for me, animals are beyond human malevolence. When I had 5 canaries, there was a couple of them that taught me about how animals are loyal companions between them. One of my canaries, a female canary named Mandy died in 2006 because of a tumor, we made a painfull choice and decided to put an end to her suffering Sad, when she was still alive, her mate, a male canary named Aguilita (Little Eagle) was always there protecting her, feeding her when she was too weak to eat for herself and singing to her, and that broke my heart, when she finally died, he mourned her for about a week silently, since then I see animals above humans, they dont feel hatred, greed, they dont have the desire to anihilate other species just because they are different like humans do in case of racial or religious diferences. Those 2 canaries were my most beloved pets so far.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2011, 04:28 AM
I don't think I'd ever buy a pet, unless I could provide an environment that resembles it's natural living environment. If I'm fortunate enough to get a home from the countryside when I'm through with the schools I might get a cat though.

A few years ago a cat appeared to our yard and slowly moved to our house. It got fat really fast and brought home brown hare's and rabbits. It was given euthanasia a couple of years ago because of a tumor.
Now we have a cat again. It's actually our neighbor's, but he's a drunkard and doesn't take care of it. It would just freeze to death of starve outside so we let it inside and feed it. It ruined my reindeer hide with it's urine, so now it even has it's own shit box in our house.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
18-02-2011, 06:57 AM

(18-02-2011 12:39 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  CATS CATS CATS!!!

Same here, I think I'm the most insane cat GUY that I know. I love them so much, I treat them like they are my babies, and if I had to sacrifice one of them or some person I didn't really care about, I'd keep the cat...Angel

Dogs are OK, but I don't have any desire to own one. They are big and slobbery and stinky. Cats are soft and cuddly and smell good. I love cat meows, hate dog barks. lol Although I spend massive amounts of time with my cats, I would find dogs to be a pain because you can't leave them alone for a day or 2 with food+water because you have to take them out when they have to go to the bathroom, and they get lonely easily.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 07:46 AM
(18-02-2011 04:28 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I don't think I'd ever buy a pet, unless I could provide an environment that resembles it's natural living environment. If I'm fortunate enough to get a home from the countryside when I'm through with the schools I might get a cat though.
That is an awesomely responsible choice. I am a reptile enthusiast, and it pains me to see the way people keep some of these wonderful animals. Certain things were just not meant to be kept by the everyday citizen. I worked in a pet store for 4 and 1/2 years, and I turned many people away without pets because they didn't demonstrate the knowledge and compassion required.
(18-02-2011 06:57 AM)Free_Thinker Wrote:  
(18-02-2011 12:39 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  CATS CATS CATS!!!

Same here, I think I'm the most insane cat GUY that I know. I love them so much, I treat them like they are my babies, and if I had to sacrifice one of them or some person I didn't really care about, I'd keep the cat...Angel

My fiancee has the same attitude. Save the kitties, sacrifice the people. The cats were brought in by her, and they definitely grew on me. SO much personality! The only one that bugs me is the boy, we can't seem to solve his urinating issues...

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
18-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Cats! I adore animals of all kinds, but cats are my favorite. I have a massively fat adopted stray named Starr (his brother, who ran away, was Ringo).

Unfortunately, cats are also the one animal I'm allergic to.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner