Pew survey on Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Pew survey on Islam
http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/wo...report.pdf

I remember reading this pew survey a while ago (at least i am 95% sure it was this one) and remembering the figure of about 20-26% of muslims world wide had extremist views.

I can't seem to find this figure anywhere in the survey and think that I may have seen it after someone had calculated all of the results.

Would anyone be so kind as to simplify the outcome of this survey? It would be greatly appreciated.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 06:06 AM
RE: Pew survey on Islam
(25-03-2016 05:37 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/wo...report.pdf

I remember reading this pew survey a while ago (at least i am 95% sure it was this one) and remembering the figure of about 20-26% of muslims world wide had extremist views.

I can't seem to find this figure anywhere in the survey and think that I may have seen it after someone had calculated all of the results.

Would anyone be so kind as to simplify the outcome of this survey? It would be greatly appreciated.

I think that was based on the suicide bombing results. Perhaps if you do add up world wide range you get that number but it's significantly noted and marked up by the biggest consistently conflict having regions. Being people within Afghanistan and Palestine. Plus Egypt and bangladesh but really the vast other ranges in areas that really aren't in frequent turmoil don't seem to hold those views at high ranges.

I saw before also data of how that figure also without much surprise seems to come from men 16ish-28ish? or something like that age range.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply