Peyote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Peyote
I've read about the Native American Church recently and apparently they use the Peyote cactus in rituals.
Apparently it's less of a burden than alcohol on the human brain (but then again so is weed) : article

So what do you guys think ? Both of the use of such herbs in religious ritual and the fact that this substance is legal(only in religious ritual) ?

Here's a court case the NAC won vs Utah : court documents

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
RE: Peyote
Interesting topic gaglamesh, here in Mexico there are a lot of etnic groups that consume Peyote for religious purposes. Also the consumption of magic mushrooms (Flesh of the gods) is very comon in some parts of Mexico.

Unfortunately there are side efects, in the case of this drugs, there is a high chance of diying while you are high because some people's hallucinations can be very scary to them and some people have died because of heart attacks induced by high levels of adrenaline caused by a panic attack.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I've known a lot of people who did that stuff...not for religious reasons. You get the same effects religious or secular. I think that people who do it for religious reasons just want to get high and see weird stuff. Both things are poisonous, that's why you get high and see weird stuff!.
I did mushrooms and all it did was make me feel like i had the flu. And the grass and carpet looked a bit wavy, thats it.
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I think there's an interesting point to it - it's legal in a religious context but not in a secular context - now what does that tell you ?

As for indigenous people , I think they deserve a break , their culture was trampled to extinction so they deserve a chance to live their own way.

11-02-2011, 03:22 AM
I like how Rastafari is the only religious group that isn't allowed to get away with doing something illegal as part of their tradition.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-02-2011, 05:51 AM
You are referring to marijuana , right ?
Take a look at this article on drug toxicity and dependency :
http://web.cgu.edu/faculty/gabler/drug_toxicity.htm

Tell me what you think - which drugs should be legal at the end of the day ?