Phewwww..... I believe Boehner was pragmatic and Obama was a boss....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Phewwww..... I believe Boehner was pragmatic and Obama was a boss....
This isn't the video from Politico I was looking for but the vid I was wanting had Boehner appearing very comprimizing in his approach to a debt deal

It appears even Rush and other Republican congressmen have come out in acceptance (I use that word instead of support) including Sen. Corker® Tennessee to argue that we need to raise revenue, that it's inevitable and it's time to move on to breaking down spending cuts, specifically entitlements.

Watch from 2:20.

Southern Republicans are responding with a message that they are not soley trying to save the pockets of their rich friends/donors. That they feel they are protecting the economic principles of which this country was founded.

I myself am mixed on this issue. I agree with the principle (from a libertarian POV) that fewer taxes is ultimately better for all, no matter the influx. On the other hand I also recognize the governmental impact on private enterprise when taxes were at record highs like during FDR and Clinton presidencies.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Phewwww..... I believe Boehner was pragmatic and Obama was a boss.... - germanyt - 13-12-2012 12:38 AM