Phil Robertson, Ducky Dynasty and war on Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Phil Robertson, Ducky Dynasty and war on Christmas
(21-12-2013 10:47 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I'm fired up!!

Move. Cereal. Thumbsup

(21-12-2013 12:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LMAO@Murica.

I start a revolution, you coming to help? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 01:31 PM
(21-12-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 12:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LMAO@Murica.

I start a revolution, you coming to help? Consider

Sure. So long as you come on up here and help me with my revolution when we're done with yours.

(Mine will be more fun. I promise. Smokin )

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-12-2013, 01:36 PM
One thing i've noticed concerning Phil Roberstson's comments is all of the "hip" Christian friends on my FB acct (they think they are somehow "tolerant" and above fundies), are posting articles from Christian websites that all say the same damn thing. Something along the lines of "Why I don't stand with Phil." Apparently certain Christians think that they WAY he stated his views were not very "christian-like". My thinking is this.....you do have the same views don't you!? It's like people want to use their critical thinking skills but just are not quite there yet. Whatever...
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post
21-12-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't understand why people make a big deal about what Phil said.
Who cares? Those who do not agree with him let them not to pay attention. Those who agree with him let them pay attention.

P.S. I think Phil said about his believes according to his capacity.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Many people are.
Civil war?
Looks like this country is divided on many issues.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 01:48 PM
(21-12-2013 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't understand why people make a big deal about what Phil said.
Who cares? Those who do not agree with him let them not to pay attention. Those who agree with him let them pay attention.

P.S. I think Phil said about his believes according to his capacity.

It's hard not to pay attention to ignoranceDrinking Beverage
Makes life way more interesting when you talk about stupid when you see it.
21-12-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 01:57 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(21-12-2013 01:14 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  ...
And for those of you who are still outraged over Phil's comments about gays, atheists and other immoral heathens, I have this very basic message for you.

What the hell did you expect from a fundamentalist Christian hillbillie redneck shitkicker hailing from West Monroe, Louisiana? Did you think he'd squat and shit copies of the God Delusion?

I hear people make this comment a lot. And I actually agree with them. My response when they say this is, I didn't expect him to say any different. I expected him to say exactly what he said. I'm not surprised in the least. I still don't like it, and disagree with it, but I'm not making a big deal in that he said it, because I just assumed he had already said it in the passed. Doesn't seem anything new to me.

But here is the problem. I hear about it nonstop between people going nuts on Facebook, to politicians, the media, but it's all about how outraged they are about the outrage against Phil. But I have to weed through it all to try to find anything of this is outrage against Phil. It seems "the big deal" is being made by the Christians, and conservatives. This massive attack from the liberal left, or godless heathens, is hard to find. Yeah, some people spoke their minds against what he said, but this idea that they went crazy about it is crazy to me, because it seems the Christian conservatives are the ones who went nuts, not the other way around.

To the original post, I have to agree. It pisses me off and makes me angry. Not what the man said. I expected that from him. But from the reaction to it. First the overwhelming support of these hideous things this man said, with no insight to it. And then this outrage over "the massive attack" on Phil, when all I see is a massive number of people supporting him, but they act as though we are out of control with our response. It's this whole, they need to be the victim of persecutions and oppression, thing they have going on, even while they are the ones persecuting and oppressing people, and it makes me sick and does piss me off.

And then they expect us to just shut the fuck up and say nothing as they go off the rails. Fuck them. It's freedom of their speech that they care about, and freedom from ours.

Did I expect him to say anything different? No. Do I give a shit if they remove him from the show or keep him on? I could give a fuck. I'd prefer people like him didn't go around saying what they say, but I don't care what A&E chooses to do. It's their choice. I could not give a fuck.

What I do care about is the insane reaction to it that we have to sit through every time one of these things happen, whether this, the chick fil a, thing, or whatever else. It's the reaction these assholes have that pisses me off. Especially because they are acting like they are the ones that are the victims of this massive attack on them, when there is no massive attack there, and they are in fact massively attacking others.

Fuck them. I agreed, pissed...

21-12-2013, 01:52 PM
(21-12-2013 01:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Many people are.
Civil war?
Looks like this country is divided on many issues.

Yeah I don't imagine anything like that. People of "faith" can't even agree from denomination to denomination. How would that work?

Guy 1 "Are you with us or against us!?"
Guy 2 "Uhhh... well... do you believe in being slain in the spirit?"
Guy 1 "That's a bunch of hocus pocus!"
Guy 3 "Well, I dunno. I mean, we do that, but we more believe in a more literal interpretation of the bible, too."
Guy 1 "NO, it's METAPHORICAL."
Guy 2 "Well, ours is the right one."
Guy 1 "No, OURS is."
Guy 3 "Whoa guys, we're all right, we all believe in Jesus."
Guy 1 "The fuck? No, only ours can be. Yours is bullshit."
Guy 4 "Hey guys, have you heard the word? I'm a mormon."
Guy 5 "I'm a witness. You guys need to really read the watchtower."
Guy 6 "Hey guys I'm a 7th day Adventist. You're all wrong, you need to get your days straight."
Guy 1 "Oh for fucks sake."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
21-12-2013, 01:54 PM
(21-12-2013 01:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I start a revolution, you coming to help? Consider

Sure. So long as you come on up here and help me with my revolution when we're done with yours.

(Mine will be more fun. I promise. Smokin )

Yeah, I have faith. Angel

This fucking place. I'd move, but they only want rich psychopaths.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Eh, whatever. People are always going to be ignorant. People are always going to stand on their soapboxes. People are always going to reject scientific fact and place personal wishes above reality. I try to let it all roll off my shoulders. There is reason to get angry when people start getting institutionally discriminated against, but I gave up on that front. Call me what you will, I would just rather put my energy into making myself happy rather than 'fighting the good fight'. Whatever the case, using "hillbilly" and "redneck" as pejorative terms is about as useful and intelligent as "nigger" and "faggot".