Phil Robertson, Ducky Dynasty and war on Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Phil Robertson, Ducky Dynasty and war on Christmas
I just get sick of all the hip fundie Christians who are using this as a rallying call to hit me over the head with their faith.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 02:42 PM
(21-12-2013 01:48 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't understand why people make a big deal about what Phil said.
Who cares? Those who do not agree with him let them not to pay attention. Those who agree with him let them pay attention.

P.S. I think Phil said about his believes according to his capacity.

It's hard not to pay attention to ignoranceDrinking Beverage
Makes life way more interesting when you talk about stupid when you see it.
OK

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 02:46 PM
(21-12-2013 02:42 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I just get sick of all the hip fundie Christians who are using this as a rallying call to hit me over the head with their faith.
I can understand you.
If they were more Christ like you would like them more.
They pick which commandment of Christ they want to keep and which one they don't want to keep.
Be patient, my friend, and you will find piece.Smile
Not preaching, but giving you good advice. It works.Smile

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
21-12-2013, 02:51 PM
(21-12-2013 02:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...using "hillbilly" and "redneck" as pejorative terms is about as useful and intelligent as "nigger" and "faggot".

I don't use any of that. I just call them bigots, because it's not a pejorative. It's an observation.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
21-12-2013, 03:18 PM
And who is "them" exactly?

21-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I also heard that he said something about not liking Chicago. You mean some hateful, inbred redneck doesn't like my home city? Well, thank fuck for that!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
21-12-2013, 05:18 PM
(21-12-2013 02:42 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I just get sick of all the hip fundie Christians who are using this as a rallying call to hit me over the head with their faith.

"hip fundie Christians "? Is there such a thing? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 05:19 PM
(21-12-2013 03:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  And who is "them" exactly?

The bigots. Those who hold bigoted beliefs. You know, the bigots.

21-12-2013, 07:48 PM
(21-12-2013 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't understand why people make a big deal about what Phil said.
Who cares? Those who do not agree with him let them not to pay attention. Those who agree with him let them pay attention.

P.S. I think Phil said about his believes according to his capacity.

His comments are of no importance. It is the right wing echo chamber holding him up as a hero that is of interest:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ph...right-hero

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-12-2013, 08:37 PM
(21-12-2013 01:14 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 10:47 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I am really getting fed up this year. I am angrier than I've ever been. I am normally live and let live. I let people believe in their gods. It really doesn't impact me.

Though lately, I am more and more getting fed up with the whole thing. I am sick of Christians spouting that they are discriminated against. Last night I ate at a diner and saw an advertisement on the placemat for a business. They had the Jesus fish on it. no one will bat an eye. Discrimination would be attacking that business for that belief. But it is acceptable to have that fish on their ad.

I have two weeks off for the end of the year. I work at a public university, but we still have off for Christmas. Public schools are closed until at least Jan 2. That is not discrimination, that is wholesale embrace of the culture.

Now we have Ducky Dynasty guy. He said some things in a GQ article. Though crass, I don't think they were that bad. NOw this video, this is crass and unacceptable in my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5VmM4pRhM
Start about 2 minutes in. He attacks Atheists, homosexuals, big bang, evolution, etc.

There is the video of him. I am second, and the Christians are gushing over it. They are saying #standwithphil. They are saying god sent him and that HE (that is Phil) will change America and open our collective eyes. I agree!

I think people like me will finally get tired of the hatred and homophobia, ignorance of science, hatred, and division caused by religion and begin to stand up. The nones that people such as Bill O''Reilly say are just misguided, religious but not going to church will stand up for what we are, as reason believing non-believers.

I saw this video yesterday and it really got me fired up. It is Sam Harris on the morality of god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3mX0YRr...vD&index=6

I'm fired up!!

Well now you kinda understand why Kingschosen doesn't want to hang around these people anymore.

Honestly I'm fed up with this duck dynasty shit 1) because it's not a newsworthy story and 2) the 'furor' over this has degenerated into yammering idiots exchanging retarded Facebook memes while ignoring far more important things such as Russia and the NSA.

And for those of you who are still outraged over Phil's comments about gays, atheists and other immoral heathens, I have this very basic message for you.

What the hell did you expect from a fundamentalist Christian hillbillie redneck shitkicker hailing from West Monroe, Louisiana? Did you think he'd squat and shit copies of the God Delusion?

Carry on.

Oh please, he's not a redneck. That's just for the cameras, they used to be snobby rich white golf players.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.