Philosophy: Luciferianism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2011, 03:27 PM

RE: Philosophy: Luciferianism
(29-05-2011 03:24 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:Also fun to note that many 'demons' are usually noted as demons of math, science, philosophy, etc.

I'm not sure about this , but I think the word "demon" comes from the greek "demos" meaning genius. This is just a rumor , I haven't verified. Any lingual experts ? Confused

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...1#pid32991
Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 04:35 PM
(29-05-2011 03:27 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 03:24 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:Also fun to note that many 'demons' are usually noted as demons of math, science, philosophy, etc.

I'm not sure about this , but I think the word "demon" comes from the greek "demos" meaning genius. This is just a rumor , I haven't verified. Any lingual experts ? Confused

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...1#pid32991
Tongue

Yeah .... this is why it's a bad idea to do 50 things at a time ... you tend to mess up ... sorry Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Is Luciferianism anything like Rastafarianism?

[Image: rastafarian.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
29-05-2011, 05:25 PM

(29-05-2011 03:07 PM)Cube Wrote:  I was more replying to his claims of healing people. Many people find meditation useful. Certainly I won't bash introspection. I just dont follow the healing touch.
Its energy manipulation and using psychological means to make the person think they are being healed. It is not like a game, such as WoW, where I cast some spell and say "There ya go, all healed." If the person believes that they are being healed, then their body reacts as such, and heals itself faster than usual. Its all in the mind, nothing more.

(29-05-2011 04:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Is Luciferianism anything like Rastafarianism?
No. Rastafarianism is a religion, which takes the Christian thought and molds it into something new.

(29-05-2011 03:03 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Actually, Satanism would fall under the description the OP provides regarding Luciferianism.

The Church of Satan is atheistic, and egocentric. They espouse meditation as well, for self centering and achieving a stillness in order to focus one's self away from the chaos the weak install into the world. Especially the white lighter meme.

Luciferianism can't help but be occult in nature.

Here's an interestinghttp://www.occultforums.net/luciferianism/2694-what-luciferianism.html that may assist. As far as understanding one point of view about the practice.
-sigh- Luciferianism is not Satanic. We are alone, and will remain as such. Our thoughts are similar in some aspects, but not all. Calling us as such will not only create explosions, but you will endure a mass bombardment of why we are not the same.
Here is a site that will give a better explanation than I: http://luciferianresearch.ning.com/ Go there and state your claims, just don't expect them to be easy in answering you.
30-05-2011, 12:18 PM

I have a slippery grasp on the theory of Luciferianism at best. But, I at least know that it has nothing to do with Satanism, a philosophy which I follow. Satanism believes in magic, it believes in self worship and it believes that the power of humans is the greatest of them all. It promotes individualism, revenge and a hatred for the foolishness of religion, specifically the Christian one. Many of the beliefs are interchangeable, especially the belief in magic. It is essentially a "Do what you want." philosophy.

As far as I can grasp without doing any extensive research, Luciferianism is like Satanism only in its belief in a form of magic and in. A form of controlling the inner energies and using them for something. Along with the ability to think differently than others. Though I know in no detail anything about Luciferianism, Satanism seems to be a much more violent belief, even if you don't buy into the magical side. Might perhaps be a bit more selfish as well?

Both philosophy's however have members who's views and ideas vary greatly from each other, whilst still managing to stay within the same realm of thought.

I'm a bit too ignorant to have made this post, so if the OP creator could correct me I'd be pleased enough.
30-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Does it involves eating babies?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-05-2011, 01:43 PM

(30-05-2011 12:18 PM)masterkavi Wrote:  I have a slippery grasp on the theory of Luciferianism at best. But, I at least know that it has nothing to do with Satanism, a philosophy which I follow. Satanism believes in magic, it believes in self worship and it believes that the power of humans is the greatest of them all. It promotes individualism, revenge and a hatred for the foolishness of religion, specifically the Christian one. Many of the beliefs are interchangeable, especially the belief in magic. It is essentially a "Do what you want." philosophy.

As far as I can grasp without doing any extensive research, Luciferianism is like Satanism only in its belief in a form of magic and in. A form of controlling the inner energies and using them for something. Along with the ability to think differently than others. Though I know in no detail anything about Luciferianism, Satanism seems to be a much more violent belief, even if you don't buy into the magical side. Might perhaps be a bit more selfish as well?

Both philosophy's however have members who's views and ideas vary greatly from each other, whilst still managing to stay within the same realm of thought.

I'm a bit too ignorant to have made this post, so if the OP creator could correct me I'd be pleased enough.
Pretty much. If you have a grudge against humanity, the Xian religions, and want revenge, but still want to stay in the 'religion', you'd go to Satanism. Luciferians, for the most part, are atheists with different thoughts on life, and how to live it.

Inner energies, yes, but magic? No. Our terminology, or mine at least, stems from Aleister Crowley's definition of Magick as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will". Basically, your bending reality with your will to achieve a goal.

This is where we come to a cross road. Yes, I'll agree that we have some same thoughts, but when it comes to certain topics, we tend to stand away from them, let them flounder in their own ideology. Such as the topic for the existence of a 'God'. Everyone here understands that the Xian god is false, but Satanists believe that they, themselves, are gods. Here is where our individuality comes for all Luciferians. There are some who believe that we are the ones who are gods, but some, like myself, see it as symbolic in nature. We see it as a tool for something greater, or to be used for enslavement.

Your not ignorant, not completely. Life and philosophies just evolve too quickly for everyone to keep track of.

(30-05-2011 01:03 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Does it involves eating babies?
I will hurt you if you bring such nonsense to the forum again. If you are wanting to eat babies, go do it on your off time, and leave that rot off the threads.
30-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Interesting topic.
(30-05-2011 01:43 PM)Indoril Wrote:  
I will hurt you if you bring such nonsense to the forum again. If you are wanting to eat babies, go do it on your off time, and leave that rot off the threads.
Aww.. too bad... I still think it's the best running gag about atheism ever. Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-05-2011, 02:01 PM
(30-05-2011 01:43 PM)Indoril Wrote:  

You realize this is an atheist forum, yes?

Talking is about eating babies is like sex with Kobe Bryant: you can struggle and resist all you want... but it's... it's gonna happen.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-05-2011, 03:33 PM
(30-05-2011 01:43 PM)Indoril Wrote:  I will hurt you if you bring such nonsense to the forum again. If you are wanting to eat babies, go do it on your off time, and leave that rot off the threads.

Actually, we encourage eating babies on this forum. The other administrators and I are considering making baby eating a requirement for full membership. I mean really, would we truly be atheists if we didn't eat babies??

So many cats, so few good recipes.