Philosophy can be really fun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
RE: Philosophy can be really fun
Yuck. I was tempted to delete my post above and re-write it. I don't think I deserve that though.

Trainwreck,
Regardless of whether I agree with you or not, my approach was wrong. I may not like your motives, and may not like the way you address people and issues, but that doesn't make it ok to say the things I said. The name-calling and insulting was inappropriate, and for that I apologise. That is not who I am, and there are no excuses for acting that way. I truly hope you can believe that. In the future I will do my best to address you without malice.
I am sorry. Truly.

James

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM

I'm going with Aaron, because he's the one that removed the water. Without the water, it's irrelevant what the others did. Ferd actually helped by removing the poison. Alp did nothing except drain the sand.
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 10:11 AM by TrainWreck.)
But in the case of viewing it from determinism, we have to consider how did the guy get into the predicament?
(03-04-2011 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yuck. I was tempted to delete my post above and re-write it. I don't think I deserve that though.
I wish you would delete this one - yuck.

(03-04-2011 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Trainwreck,
Regardless of whether I agree with you or not, my approach was wrong. I may not like your motives, and may not like the way you address people and issues, but that doesn't make it ok to say the things I said. The name-calling and insulting was inappropriate, and for that I apologise. That is not who I am, and there are no excuses for acting that way. I truly hope you can believe that. In the future I will do my best to address you without malice.
I am sorry. Truly.

James
Malice - are you kidding me??? Murderous intent? Radical homicidal anger, or just obedience?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Is there really any need for this kind of wankery, TrainWreck?

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
(04-04-2011 10:02 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  But in the case of viewing it from determinism, we have to consider how did the guy get into the predicament?
(03-04-2011 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yuck. I was tempted to delete my post above and re-write it. I don't think I deserve that though.
I wish you would delete this one - yuck.

(03-04-2011 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Trainwreck,
I am sorry. Truly.

James
Malice - are you kidding me??? Murderous intent? Radical homicidal anger, or just obedience?

*looks for "dislike" button*

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-04-2011, 04:38 PM
LOL, no worries guys. I said what I needed to say. Don't really need Trainwreck to say anything about it at all. I'm man enough to apologize when I'm wrong, so that's what I did. End of story.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
(03-04-2011 03:47 PM)Stargazer Wrote:  I'm going with Aaron, because he's the one that removed the water. Without the water, it's irrelevant what the others did. Ferd actually helped by removing the poison. Alp did nothing except drain the sand.

I agree with this. He died because he had nothing to drink. Once Aaron took away the water there was nothing to drink. There was liquid in a bottle but it wasn't drinkable liquid.