Phony racism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Phony racism
Racism does exist, and it is more than just a really random stray person. Full stop.

Now that I put down that marker, it is also true that the quantity of accusations of racism far exceed actual racism. The overuse of charges of racism has made many Republicans numb to criticisms of Trump in this regard.

Peter Beinart is on the right track in his article:
Republican Is Not a Synonym for Racist
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...ry/544128/

Quote:Conservatives need liberals to stop abusing their cultural power. Although conservatives dominate America’s elected offices, liberals wield the greater power to stigmatize. In the 1950s, conservatives could exile liberals from polite company by calling them Communists. Being called anti-American can still sting; ask the NFL players who kneel when the national anthem is played. But in most elite institutions, being accused of bigotry is now more dangerous than being accused of insufficient patriotism.

Quote:Obviously, political correctness did not create white supremacy, patriarchy, or homophobia.... The scholars concluded that pressuring people to accept a nonbigoted belief can engender resentment that leads them to express more bigotry than they did before.

Quote:Liberals would be wise to recognize this vicious cycle, and to use the nuclear epithet more sparingly. Yes, Fox News and company will likely describe political correctness as a menace to white, straight, Christian men no matter what. But liberals can make Sean Hannity’s work harder by resisting the temptation to deploy the label bigoted, or one of its synonyms, when describing an idea they consider stupid or immoral.

He has many more interesting points to raise, so read the whole thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 12:43 PM
(08-11-2017 12:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:23 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No, racism DOES exist. But mostly, it's white people that are the victims of racism. Reverse racism and phony claims of real racism. Might be a few real racists in the kkk or these Nazi fucks but mostly white on black racism is gone. The only true racism on a large scale is the hate that black folks have for anyone not black. Just look at how they voted in large numbers for Hussein Obama. Even black republicans voted for Obama just because he was black. If a white person said they were voting for a candidate due to skin color their would be 24 hour a day news coverage. You can go to YouTube and watch hundreds of videos of black folks saying they're voting for Obama because they're black and he's black.

Yep, there's racism. But it's black on white now, and it's accepted because if we point it out, then "that's racist." Like we owe them something because of shit that happened in the past.

Newsflash: I'm white and I voted for Obama, and my vote had nothing to do with his race.

And if you think that "white on black" racism is gone, you really are as stupid as I thought.

Well duh. Of course there's white on black racism. But a lot of it is invented. Like 90% of the time when I worked in law enforcement, a black suspect will say "you're only arresting me because I'm black." Yeah, the backpack full of stolen shit is just coincidence.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Help! I am a white guy and I am being oppressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system! Come see the violence inherent in the system!

Drama queen!

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 6 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
08-11-2017, 12:57 PM
(08-11-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Newsflash: I'm white and I voted for Obama, and my vote had nothing to do with his race.

And if you think that "white on black" racism is gone, you really are as stupid as I thought.

Well duh. Of course there's white on black racism. But a lot of it is invented. Like 90% of the time when I worked in law enforcement, a black suspect will say "you're only arresting me because I'm black." Yeah, the backpack full of stolen shit is just coincidence.

Racism is reciprocal. You hate the one who hates you for what they do to you, and he hates you for hating him and what you do to him.

As long as one wears race colored glasses, there will be racism.

(and yes, that makes you a racist).

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
08-11-2017, 01:05 PM
I don't watch the "news." Nor do I listen to it on the radio, search it online (unless something incredibly significant is going on).

I only hear about "real news" events. Not surprised I heard nothing about this.

Until now. #nonissuesforthewin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2017, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 03:00 PM by darthdambalah.)
Reminds me of this

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: atheism01.jpg?w=595]
08-11-2017, 03:53 PM
(08-11-2017 11:58 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What huge story?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Really? Practically every newspaper and network ran a story about it. The boss of the Air Force Academy gave a speech that hit 1 million views on youtube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxITADfhXnk

And it turned out to be a fucking practical joke.
That's a huge story to you? Or do you just care because it's some indicator of vindication of some idea?

That's a one day part of the news cycle story and this actualization of the case is a one day story too that will have come and gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Millions of black people are disproportionately imprisoned in this country for victimless drug crimes, a sort of neo-slavery which has created the largest prison population in the world. But, white-ringers have their simpleminded anecdotal cases like this one that they can always dredge up, as if this nullifies a centuries-long history of racism. Sickening, yet risible. If you want to see real fraud and race bating, President Birther is still in office.

O, mia patria, sì bella e perduta
[+] 4 users Like DistantSecond2's post
08-11-2017, 08:41 PM
(08-11-2017 12:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Newsflash: I'm white and I voted for Obama, and my vote had nothing to do with his race.

True..

But it' s fair to note there is also black on white racism....

Of course there's also Indians who hate Mexicans, Eskimos who hate Italians, Filipinos who hate Russians and there's at least one guy from New Zealand that seems a bit pissed at EVERYBODY.......( Hi Muffs!!)

Don't expect evyone to line up and sing Kumbaya anytime soon...

I hate that song.

We'll sing this one instead:

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-11-2017, 08:53 PM
(08-11-2017 12:23 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So what's your point? Racism doesn't exist because one incident turned out to be a false alarm? Are you really that stupid?

No, racism DOES exist. But mostly, it's white people that are the victims of racism. Reverse racism and phony claims of real racism. Might be a few real racists in the kkk or these Nazi fucks but mostly white on black racism is gone. The only true racism on a large scale is the hate that black folks have for anyone not black. Just look at how they voted in large numbers for Hussein Obama. Even black republicans voted for Obama just because he was black. If a white person said they were voting for a candidate due to skin color their would be 24 hour a day news coverage. You can go to YouTube and watch hundreds of videos of black folks saying they're voting for Obama because they're black and he's black.

Yep, there's racism. But it's black on white now, and it's accepted because if we point it out, then "that's racist." Like we owe them something because of shit that happened in the past.

LOL. You got some references for all that shit ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.