12-04-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Photography
Nice!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 03:48 PM
(30-03-2016 08:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 01:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That is a nice-looking guitar. Knowing Ibanez's reputation, I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks.

It does, it sounds great -- very versatile.

I'll be getting an Egnater Tweaker 40 for it, and am building a speaker cabinet for the amp right now. When I get that rig up and running I'll put up some video so you can hear for yourself.

An update on this: the speaker cab is about 85% complete. I need to tain and clearcoat the outer cab, and then mount the speaker baffle, speaker, and jackplate.

I'm learning that woodwork is bloody hard to get right -- there's a lot that goes into simply building true corners!

Also, today, down at Guitar Center, I put a used Gibson SG on layaway. This means that instead of getting an Egnater for amplification, I'll be going with a Peavey MH Valveking II 20-watter, with the Egnater coming later in the year.
17-04-2016, 04:01 PM
This is probably my best pic so far, took it in Lake Tahoe a few months ago:

[Image: 4aKO0Wt.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
18-04-2016, 07:21 AM
(17-04-2016 04:01 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  This is probably my best pic so far, took it in Lake Tahoe a few months ago:

What exactly is that in the air?
18-04-2016, 08:30 AM
(18-04-2016 07:21 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 04:01 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  This is probably my best pic so far, took it in Lake Tahoe a few months ago:

What exactly is that in the air?

I was about to say "obviously a kite.. Zoom in"... But now I'm not so sure
18-04-2016, 08:35 AM
(18-04-2016 08:30 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:21 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What exactly is that in the air?

I was about to say "obviously a kite.. Zoom in"... But now I'm not so sure

It almost looks like a small tent or one of those bounce houses for kids. I know it is not a hot air balloon, because I don't see a basket.
25-04-2016, 05:31 AM
[Image: elMw0mb.jpg]

My grandson with the first catch of the season.

[Image: wtBH6j1.jpg]

Spot where we were fishing.

[Image: yHCx83M.jpg]

We went back that evening and the next morning, caught 11 fish in all.
Kept 5, cleaned them and put in the freezer for later. He's my fishing buddy.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
25-04-2016, 05:52 AM
(25-04-2016 05:31 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  [Image: elMw0mb.jpg]

My grandson with the first catch of the season.

[Image: wtBH6j1.jpg]

Spot where we were fishing.

[Image: yHCx83M.jpg]

We went back that evening and the next morning, caught 11 fish in all.
Kept 5, cleaned them and put in the freezer for later. He's my fishing buddy.

Effing beautiful!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
04-05-2016, 07:44 AM
I’m going to break my own rule on only posting original images but... I found this collection so compelling I thought it was worthy of sharing. Mea culpa.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2016/04...s/end.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-05-2016, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 07:59 AM by Full Circle.)
This image of a Double-crested cormorant was recently purchased by the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, California. Smile

I was SCUBA diving on a shallow reef when all of a sudden this bird swims by me! I followed him around for the next half hour watching him hunt for fish. It would pop to the surface for for a few seconds, catch its breath, and head back down. It did this repeatedly being totally unconcerened with me. I positioned myself some ten feet under it with the sun behind it and captured this moment as it streaked down.

A similar photo of the same bird and event was purchased by the New York Museum of Natural History in Albany, New York. Go figure, I spend my life photographing fish and I end up in museums for bird pics. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post